Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Are the Thrusting Vessels / Pingala+Ida actually physically spiraled in the body?

Has anyone tangibly noticed this in deeper meditation? Actually felt both of them?

I can only speak from myself and I have right from the start felt the main thrusting channel / shushumna, as a beautiful channel in which I could breathe without physically breathing. But so far I do not have perceived both polarized channels.

My question: Do they really physically spiral, like seen on the kaduceus? Because I want to figure out one thing mainly behind this question. That is that Mantak Chia says that the left channel, blue, is male, while the right channel, female is red. In Hindu tradition Pingala is right, male, orange/yellow and Ida is left, blue, female.

???

What can you make out of the interactive image on this site http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm ? Are these correct infos?

Thank you.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

Has anyone tangibly noticed this in deeper meditation? Actually felt both of them?

I can only speak from myself and I have right from the start felt the main thrusting channel / shushumna, as a beautiful channel in which I could breathe without physically breathing. But so far I do not have perceived both polarized channels.

My question: Do they really physically spiral, like seen on the kaduceus? Because I want to figure out one thing mainly behind this question. That is that Mantak Chia says that the left channel, blue, is male, while the right channel, female is red. In Hindu tradition Pingala is right, male, orange/yellow and Ida is left, blue, female.

???

What can you make out of the interactive image on this site http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm ? Are these correct infos?

Thank you.

I sincerely doubt there is any sort of plumbing. Spiral or not.

• Like 1

While I'd defer this question to more advanced people. I will say in nature, energy tends to move in spirals.

Some traditions have energy maps, often there similar, but not exact. The result of one or a couple of high juiced people writing down what they experience and it becomes canon.

???

What can you make out of the interactive image on this site http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm]http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm[/url] ? Are these correct infos?

Thank you.

It's a metaphor limited by language.

Far more complex than any sort of wiring diagram.

The dudes who resort to visual aids either haven't quite grasped the concept yet or they have grasped it and are struggling to communicate the incommunicable.

Beyond a certain point it can't be taught, it just 'is' and it 'is' for each of us to explore via cultivation.

GM Mantak Chia's best avoided IMo but if it floats your boat then float on.

Edited by GrandmasterP

It's a metaphor limited by language.

Far more complex than any sort of wiring diagram.

The dudes who resort to visual aids either haven't quite grasped the concept yet or they have grasped it and are struggling to communicate the incommunicable.

Beyond a certain point it can't be taught, it just 'is' and it 'is' for each of us to explore via cultivation.

GM Mantak Chia's best avoided IMo but if it floats your boat then float on.

Yep floating on it. But only with one leg. You can not fully trust one teacher these days and at the same time fully trust him or her. It's a two-edged sort that is dull, basicly. Two-edged when you start, are intermediate and when you are deep enough you understand that it could not cut you anyway, because all paths will lead one 'there'.

Stupid questions.. really..

EVERYTHING you have to do yourself. I do not mean this rambling, but it truly is that way. I have said this before a year ago, we could basicly shut the whole internet down and everyone would be better practicing alone. Possibly much faster doing so aswell. While all these tools help, we tend to get lost in it and create such an unnecessary reliance on them. Amusing, one being who can overlook this all might say..

• Like 1

I think the Ida and the Pingala are the sympathetic and the parasympathetic nerve system. When triggered, the impact on the body is definitely felt.

But they are always active, usually both not at the same time.

Edited by Anoesjka

4b, always strange territory mixing up terms and stuff from different systems...explanative structures overlap in ways tough to convey.

Yep floating on it. But only with one leg. You can not fully trust one teacher these days and at the same time fully trust him or her. It's a two-edged sort that is dull, basicly. Two-edged when you start, are intermediate and when you are deep enough you understand that it could not cut you anyway, because all paths will lead one 'there'.

Stupid questions.. really..

EVERYTHING you have to do yourself. I do not mean this rambling, but it truly is that way. I have said this before a year ago, we could basicly shut the whole internet down and everyone would be better practicing alone. Possibly much faster doing so aswell. While all these tools help, we tend to get lost in it and create such an unnecessary reliance on them. Amusing, one being who can overlook this all might say..

You got that right.

Every other teacher and his guru-uncle is out there online flogging a patent cultivation system these days.

It's created a lot of 'butterflies' flitting from one thing to another and never settling on anything for long.

We're pretty well media saturated and even here on TTB what passes for threads are sometimes covert advertisements for someone's 'product'.

I'm still of that mind where a real teacher beats any and all 'media' be those books, DVDs or Online clips.

Only a real teacher can observe you cultivate 'there and then' and correct mistakes as those arise.

Books and DVDs, good as some are; can never offer 1-2-1 coaching and mentoring.

Only a real teacher can do that.

Having said that maybe Skype type teaching could work where the teacher is online and can see what the student is doing.

I wonder if anyone does that?

Sign in to follow this