TaoMaster

what is reality and what is illusion ?

Sure, you could say that nothing is yin and something is yang (or vice versa). Why should I care? It doesn't help in any way to know this. Application is more important, and in application there is only potential. Potential needs a reference. Reference is perspective.

The issue of reality has everything to do with perspective. Knowing this is not even the hard part. The hard part is dealing with having a reference outside of creation. BOOM! Then some-thing and no-thing are both things and thus by intellectual reasoning yin is also yang. Thus an intellectual can of worms is opened.

I just let the worms do their own thing. It's not worth making your head hurt over something that doesn't help in any regard.

• Like 2

Sure, you could say that nothing is yin and something is yang (or vice versa). Why should I care? It doesn't help in any way to know this. Application is more important, and in application there is only potential. Potential needs a reference. Reference is perspective.

The issue of reality has everything to do with perspective. Knowing this is not even the hard part. The hard part is dealing with having a reference outside of creation. BOOM! Then some-thing and no-thing are both things and thus by intellectual reasoning yin is also yang. Thus an intellectual can of worms is opened.

I just let the worms do their own thing. It's not worth making your head hurt over something that doesn't help in any regard.

Got cha thx ,

Well, you ignored at least 2 "real life examples" that were provided in my post...but rightly so. If I had you were lowering your level for us, I wouldn't have bothered trying. I suppose one should expect nothing less when conversing with a master of Tao.

Take another look ......pretty sure it's you whos ignoring mine big fella.

Did you mention something about a tea cup ? I replied . The tea cup is yang and no tea cup is yin.

Yin is always the not, or lie , or illusion or denial of the reference, it's always the negative of the positive .

I posted a list of five yang yin examples and no one stepped up to show me how they can mean either or and or both. You included.

What was your other example? I don't recall but if you repost it here I'll comment on it . I guarantee you won't be able to do it .

Perhaps there's just a big difference in definition ? No .its as simple as simple gets . It's a matter of opposition . My yang and your yin. I came first and then you say no way .

Yang always precedes yin . There can't be a yin without the yang first .

Can you lie about nothing? Try it . The lie is always yin no matter what perspective, opinion viewpoint or attitude .

My explanation of yang and yin and the yang and your reply that it's not true is the yin .

No I didn't mention any tea cups.. But thanks for explaining it all the same.

As for Yin and Yang... Neither comes first.

Yin is not a lie... It is potential... Yang alone is not reality. If everything real were Yang, we'd be in a very different, weightless, heavenly realm. Clearly that's not the case.

I suggest, instead of just making things up as you go along and quoting yourself as a reference, you actually read some recognised material written by a recognised master.

I appreciate you have your personal views... But why should I or anyone else take your word for it, when there's a collection of text out there saying something quite different.

We shouldn't just assume the title master and spread our own personal ideas as gospel, unless having fully researched all sources on the topic, comparing our own experiences with that of others and having definitive evidence to support our stand point.

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 1

Also "can you lie about nothing?" ..yes.

Nothing will always be nothing. There's a lie for you.

In reality, nothing is just something that hasn't happened yet, or is in the process of being reborn.

• Like 2

Also "can you lie about nothing?" ..yes.

Nothing will always be nothing. There's a lie for you.

In reality, nothing is just something that hasn't happened yet, or is in the process of being reborn.

Haha yeah ain't that the truth..... Not really .

In reality nothing is the absence of anything.

Give me an example of how you can lie about something that does not exist . Good luck ....as soon as you try it becomes something.

A lie is stating a thing is when it is not or it is not when it is . It's impossible to prove a thing is this or that or here or there or not there when it doesn't exist .

Nothing , no thing, will always be nothing. It's the complete absence of any thing, it's yin in its purest form . Or not is ness, if you prefer

Even when a thing is brought into existence , there will still be an absence of that thing. No thing, nothing.

If you view the planet from the bottom it spins in one direction, from the top another direction yet the planet is always spinning the same direction no matter which perspective you view it from . You can be trillions of miles out in space, it's still turns from yang to yin at the surface. Or spirals , same difference .

If you see the sun rise in the east and set in the west from the planets surface it will not change. If you view it from a remote location it does not rise or set at all . If you go even further is no longer exists and will vanish.

But this does not change day and night on the planet . Yang is day yin is night.

You can view the planet from a remote distance from any point of view , any perspective you can imagine but that will not change the gravity that keeps objects down , ( yin ) or the star light we see in the night sky's , ( yang. ).....( Brian )

Again this belongs in the yang yin thread not illusions reality .

Bearded Dragon,

I understand you do not understand my threads and oppose them and me too. That's totally ok . I completely understand your inability to understand. Yin tends to stick to yin and yang sticks to yang like two poles of a magnet and karma.

If you snap a magnet in half , you still have yang and yin but now you have more of them . Perspective will not change that no matter how hard you try . Subjective and objective reality are both real things .

Without you there would not be me. But you don't understand that either. Hahahaha that's ok . You are just as valid as I am , you are the yin to my yang. I enjoy your comments. It just empowers me even more . Like Darth Vader to OBWon when he took him out with his light saber. You don't understand that either , nor did Vader . OB did and so do I.

Where are you getting these solid facts of what is Yin and Yang? (Besides from your own invention)

Unfortunately, I won't be taking the fictional accounts of how Darth Vader strikes down Obi-wan, as a valid case study.

This will be my last post on the thread, it is yours after all and I've decided I'd rather not interfere in what you want to believe.

Where are you getting these solid facts of what is Yin and Yang? (Besides from your own invention)

Unfortunately, I won't be taking the fictional accounts of how Darth Vader strikes down Obi-wan, as a valid case study.

This will be my last post on the thread, it is yours after all and I've decided I'd rather not interfere in what you want to believe.

Sure , . It was Brain who mentioned the tea cup , I didn't go back and look . Thought it was you .

Can you post up the two examples again , I'll reply to them each when you do .

Thx

Don't be giving Brian more credit than he deserves. His name is Brian, not Brain. Hehehe.

And this from Silent Answers:

"Nothing will always be nothing. There's a lie for you.
In reality, nothing is just something that hasn't happened yet, or is in the process of being reborn."

speaks to what I speak to when I mention Manifest (Yo) vs Mystery (Wu). I never create this relationship between Yin and Yang. Yin and Yang is basically the cycle of reversion; the going out and the return.

• Like 1

You have no way to care about things you dont know or understand anyways. You shouldn't care. Whats the purpose. When I read a post I dont understand , I dont care nor comment .

Yin leads to more yin which leads to even more.

Misundersyanding is yin, confusion and headaches too. When I post yang , I feel good , powerful, strong , happy , aware. Its no wonder.

This is rhe benefit of unerstsnding yang and yin . Embrace yang and you will attract more of it. Yin attracts more yin. You should avoid all yins . As much as possible. Its not possible to aviod all yin .

Oops, didn't read the advanced Taoist part ;). I'm sure in some reality or another I'm an advanced Taoist... :D

You must be , you seem very positive and that's a good thing.

Thanks for your reply, good contemplations.

See my thread called yang and yin , it's called how do we know which is yang and which is yin, I think. I don't store data so search for all my content threads. It's one I started . Then you'll find my facts there. Do some research on yin yang from books and or internet . I'm not the only one .

Misunderstanding is yin, confusion and headaches too. When I post yang , I feel good , powerful, strong , happy , aware. Its no wonder. This is the benefit of understanding yang and yin . Embrace yang and you will attract more of it. Yin attracts more yin. You should avoid all yins . As much as possible. Its not possible to avoid all yin .

There's actually a lot of value in what you say about this subject. I just wish you could find a better way to express your thoughts.

There's actually a lot of value in what you say about this subject. I just wish you could find a better way to express your thoughts.

Me too. It's my 4th grade education , I'm certain . But I see and know what I see and know.

It's a good thing really in that I was not taught allot of illusions I guess.

When I say yin attracts yin and yang more yang it's like two magnets that attract each other's poles. But when the poles repel, it's like yang vs yin . It can generate bad or good sensations based on how much yang or yin is applied.

There's no way to change a magnetic field based on perspective , relativity, opinion . Etc. They are what they are .

Thx for your comments though.

Like magnetic poles attract , unlike repell. It's karma in its purest forms .

The whole universe is just different forms of yang and yin all mixed up like a tossed caesar salad . This makes it hard to spot .

Illusions are all over the place and no one can see that . They only see the lies of the illusions.

I'll keep at it . I know from my own experience last February , once anyone spots the values of understanding the yang and yin and the basic law of duality , they will not leave it be. It's a progressive high, so to speak that leads to more and more ability , understanding and all the other yang attributes.

My goals in life are so big now , that most would consider me a total lunatic for public ally announcing them .

The futility is my only obstacle . Is so far on the yang side it seems totally impossible . Now that I understand how the universe operates , I know I can pull it off. No doubts . Just certainty. I'm unraveling a lifetime of illusions daily . The more illusions I vanish the more reality appears and the more I understand. The more I understand , the more able I become. And the upward progression is limitless.

I'm in the crawling stage now leading to a awkward walk, then jog, run sprint sore and vanish .

Bearded Dragon, I understand you do not understand my threads and oppose them and me too. That's totally ok .

'

Does your profound understanding help you to come to that conclusion?

It's funny that you're positioning yourself as an authority on reality and illusion and you make such a presumption. Hmmmm.

That's totally ok also. We've all been there. Most are still there. Food for thought.

• Like 2

<snip>

There's no way to change a magnetic field based on perspective , relativity, opinion . Etc. They are what they are .

<snip>

I change magnetic fields just by my mere presence.

So do you.

• Like 4

I change magnetic fields just by my mere presence.

So do you.

There's no way to change a magnetic field................ based on perspective .

Opinion , attitude , point of view either.

You can alter a mag field with another mag field but you won't change yang and yin.

Yang yin are also not always perfectly equal. There can be more yang or yin in any object.

The more yang the more positive, more yin, neg.

'

Does your profound understanding help you to come to that conclusion?

It's funny that you're positioning yourself as an authority on reality and illusion and you make such a presumption. Hmmmm.

Yes........ But it's not a presumption .

Edited by TaoMaster

On the contrary, a magnetic field is entirely about perspective and relativity. It is, in fact, the apparent motion of a charge which manifests a magnetic field. Alter the apparent motion (or the charge) and the magnetic field changes.

On the contrary, a magnetic field is entirely about perspective and relativity. It is, in fact, the apparent motion of a charge which manifests a magnetic field. Alter the apparent motion (or the charge) and the magnetic field changes.

Interesting thought. The Earth's magnetic core is in constant flux. There is a significant difference between Magnetic North and True North. And true that the properties of a manufactured electrical magnet can be changed.

But if I recall correctly, a naturally produced magnetized element's properties cannot be changed. This is what science uses to determine how much Earth's core shifts over time as well as determining tectonic movements of the Earth's plates.

Interesting thought. The Earth's magnetic core is in constant flux. There is a significant difference between Magnetic North and True North. And true that the properties of a manufactured electrical magnet can be changed.

But if I recall correctly, a naturally produced magnetized element's properties cannot be changed. This is what science uses to determine how much Earth's core shifts over time as well as determining tectonic movements of the Earth's plates.

Not a "thought," though. It's Ampere's circuital law (and Maxwell included it in his electromagnetic laws). It is more complicated than that, of course -- everything always is -- but Wikipedia's definition is:

"Magnetic fields are produced by moving electric charges and the intrinsic magnetic moments of elementary particles associated with a fundamental quantum property, their spin."

Most familiar "naturally occurring" magnets (put that in quotes because most magnets we encounter in daily life are manufactured) are just "frozen" that way and can be demagnetized or repolarized by heating them a bit. Ever "make" a magnet by sticking a nail in the ground? You can then "umake" than magnet by tossing it in a campfire.

• Like 1

Thanks for the article but it is way too advanced for my mind. Interesting about the heat though as that rang a bell in my brain regarding how the natural elements become "frozen" in polarity to begin with. (To the best of my recall.)

Thought: Strange how the different forces in nature cause us (and all things) to move in different ways depending on those forces. Brings to mind Yin and Yang.