Sign in to follow this  
Anderson

What is wisdom in Dzogchen ?

Where does one meet with you? Are prostrations required as a preliminary?

In San Francisco. Sincerity is necessary.

You know what's funny? This is playing out exactly like when Vajrarhidaya was still posting on here...except dwai was fulfilling the role of supreme Vedantin when he was telling the Buddhists they "don't get it".

• Like 1

The only way we will meet is if you eat the Earth I walk upon right in front of me, and prostrate to me one hundred times in a row.

oh, that's funny... I was going to ask you to eat my shit. In case you didn't notice, I wasn't requesting a meeting with you...

Edited by Paul

I mean, it's pretty simple; if you aren't mindful of your karma then you end up reifying delusional propensities and samsara continues to proliferate, hence suffering proliferates.

Samaya is a suggested set of guidelines for conduct, if you aren't mindful of your conduct then you end up reifying delusional propensities and samsara continues to proliferate, hence suffering proliferates.

An excerpt from the section on "Retaining the Blessings" from a soon-to-be published commentary on the Padma Garbha Tantra:

Samayas are the commitments that need to be upheld so that the blessings and benefits of the empowerment do not dissipate. Thrangu Rinpoche once said that if you can break the samaya then you hadnt received the real empowerment in the first place, for if you had actually received the empowerment then it is impossible to break the samaya. From that point of view there is never anything to worry about. However, actually receiving the true empowerment, rather than just going through the motions, appears to be quite rare; so we should consider what samayas are and how they can benefit our practice to help us attain complete enlightenment.

People commonly see a vow as something additional that one takes on, such as a promise that we make; if we do not keep it then we are said to break our vow. The word samaya, however, means not to become separate from, therefore the samayas describe how to avoid straying from the intrinsic qualities of our innate nature. For example, the empowerments all lead to the recognition of the primordially pure emptiness of all phenomena, so the samaya of the view is to never lose sight of that basic truth; thus, from this perspective, whenever you become distracted, you can be said to have broken your samaya.

There is a tendency to believe that if you break samaya, then you are to be punished in some way; for example, you will go to hell, get sick, have an accident or such. However, the fact is that simply by not maintaining the view or by not acting in accordance with the view, you naturally suffer. As ignorance or unknowing (Skt. avidya, Tib. marigpa) is the single root cause of samsara, any so-called punishment is contained in the very straying itself. It hurts when you put your hand in the fire, otherwise you wouldnt pull your hand away and you would suffer horrible burns; likewise we should be thankful that losing the view results in pain and suffering, as otherwise we would never seek the complete liberation of buddhahood and instead just continue perpetuating samsara. According to the viewpoint of Vajrayana, even hell is a pure realm of great bliss. It is just a matter of perspective; if you dont recognize the ground of primordial purity then you are going to suffer your own personal hell, but if you do recognize it then wherever you are will be a pure buddha field.

It is really quite logical and reasonable. Far from anything which even remotely resembles a medieval belief system

Reifying an illusion is a problem? Contradiction in terms or a non sequitur if you prefer.The Buddhist meme is to harp on universal suffering as if it is absolutely endemic to all sentient beings, which can never be absolutely proven. Absolutist thinking is an error in logic in any belief system.

• Like 1

oh, that's funny... I was going to ask you to eat my shit. In case you didn't notice, I wasn't requesting a meeting with you...

I know. Took you a while with that late edit.

I'm basically you, with one difference. You are trying to be subtle about your enormous arrogance because you think you can fool someone. Perhaps you are fishing for paying customers or easy girls you can fuck. Good luck with your cult.

• Like 1

I know. Took you a while with that late edit.

I'm basically you, with one difference. You are trying to be subtle about your enormous arrogance because you think you can fool someone. Perhaps you are fishing for paying customers or easy girls you can fuck. Good luck with your cult.

I'm rich bitch! And I fuck all the hot girls without saying a word, nerd.

In San Francisco. Sincerity is necessary.

What is the name of your center?

What is the name of your center?

Tze Zhan Monastery; Vajrayoga.org

Edited by Paul

Reifying an illusion is a problem? Contradiction in terms or a non sequitur if you prefer.The Buddhist meme is to harp on universal suffering as if it is absolutely endemic to all sentient beings, which can never be absolutely proven. Absolutist thinking is an error in logic in any belief system.

Yes it is a problem, however if you choose to believe it isn't then you are of course entitled to that opinion.

There is no contradiction, and I don't see how a non-sequitur applies in this context.

A sentient being results from ignorance, and suffering is therefore implied. How it cannot be proven I'm not sure, it is blatantly obvious that one's relative condition is delusion and is the cause of suffering if you have truly recognized your nature.

Yes, absolutist thinking in an error, you should be careful not to fall into that trap further than you already have, but you are of course free to do as you please.

• Like 1

Tze Zhan Monastery; Vajrayoga.org

I am getting a lot of 404 errors on that site.

• Like 2

In your dreams.

No. In my bed. The ladies love me... My wife is a 10. AND she's a yogini. I rule, dude. Honestly. It's the blessing of Vajrayogini.

yeah my teacher didn't finish it

No. In my bed. The ladies love me... My wife is a 10. AND she's a yogini. I rule, dude. Honestly. It's the blessing of Vajrayogini.

1. You are dreaming.

2. Your wife is a high grade piece of meat, namely a 10. I bet she's proud!

I made a little site; crazywisdom.me

• Like 1

1. You are dreaming.

A big dream

2. Your wife is a high grade piece of meat, namely a 10. I bet she's proud!

She's seriously hot, AND she's a yogini... She has realization. She's deep...

A big dream

Very good.

She's seriously hot, AND she's a yogini... She has realization. She's deep...

How do you know she has realization? Based on what?

A sentient being results from ignorance, and suffering is therefore implied. How it cannot be proven I'm not sure, it is blatantly obvious that one's relative condition is delusion and is the cause of suffering if you have truly recognized your nature.

Your statement implies that a sentient being has a prior existence which contradicts Buddhist teachings and therefore suffering is implied. That is an absolute statement which has no proof. The rest of the statement has no definitive proof.

• Like 2

Yes. I see another member of the white lotus society?

Drikung Kagyu

Very good.

How do you know she has realization? Based on what?

I know her, silly.