Sign in to follow this  
Anderson

What is wisdom in Dzogchen ?

Who cares what you prefer? You should think about your student's wellbeing for once.

No one I suppose. But my teacher's insist on meeting in person, because that's what it takes to become connected to the blessings.

I have been in several retreats with Norbu starting in 1989.

Congratulations!

Because I don't respect you?

So you come to a Buddhist thread to harass Buddhists. Good one. You're an asshole.

No one I suppose. But my teacher's insist on meeting in person, because that's what it takes to become connected to the blessings.

Are you offering yourself as a teacher or are you offering yourself as a go-between person?

• Like 1

So you come to a Buddhist thread to harass Buddhists. Good one. You're an asshole.

Don't jump to conclusions.

• Like 1

Are you offering yourself as a teacher or are you offering yourself as a go-between person?

I got my big boy pants on.

• Like 1

No. He's not. He's saying semantical games. They are not substantive or insightful in the least. He's a damn crashing bore of amateur.

Every Buddhist I have had discussions with generally use the same verbiage. Circa 800 A.D.

• Like 1

Don't jump to conclusions.

It's not jumping to a conclusion when you already admitted it.

I got my big boy pants on.

Can we please drop the evasions and innuendo? Just answer my question honestly and forthrightly:

• Like 1

Every Buddhist I have had discussions with generally use the same verbiage. Circa 800 A.D.

Wow you must be pretty old. You'll have to show me your supplements.

It's not jumping to a conclusion when you already admitted it.

I don't think you know what the word "admit" means.

• Like 1

Can we please drop the evasions and innuendo? Just answer my question honestly and forthrightly:

Wow you're slow too.

I can give transmission.

I don't think you know what the word "admit" means.

LOL. I'm a lawyer! Of course I know what it means.

Wow you must be pretty old. You'll have to show me your supplements.

I can give transmission for that. Very secret!

I can give transmission.

Are you a realized being?

No.

So a transmission from a confused being? Why would anyone want this?

• Like 1

E-prime is an interesting exercise, in my opinion. Trump card or not, but a perceptive person can certainly learn a great deal about one's own condition by working with e-prime for a time.

Same with nonviolent communication....the irony is not lost on me.

So a transmission from a confused being? Why would anyone want this?

My teachers said I know Mahamudra, Dzogchen. If no one wants it from me, then no one gets it. I'm fine with that. In Buddhism, the teacher doesn't have to be a realized being as long as you get the teaching from someone with a lineage. Then, the blessings flow to you and you can be realized yourself even if your teacher is not.

You certainly haven't poked any holes... and don't seem to understand these principles in general if you think you have.

A well founded argument is based on creative ways of stating one's position as opposed to repeating memorized phrases. Your arguments are based on the latter.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

A well founded argument is based on creative ways of stating one's position

You obviously have no idea what constitutes a foundation.

as opposed to repeating memorized phrases. Your arguments are based on the latter.

My teachers said I know Mahamudra, Dzogchen. If no one wants it from me, then no one gets it. I'm fine with that. In Buddhism, the teacher doesn't have to be a realized being as long as you get the teaching from someone with a lineage. Then, the blessings flow to you and you can be realized yourself even if your teacher is not.

Let me get this straight. You say Dzogchen cannot be taught. But your Dzogchen teachers said you know Dzogchen. At the same time, when asked directly, you say you don't know Dzogchen (answering "no" to "are you a realized being"). So basically you disagree with your teachers. And you offer your services in transmitting Dzogchen teachings?

Is this just about right?

Edited by goldisheavy
  • Like 1