rex

What are the most dangerous books in the world?

"What are the most dangerous books in the world? Some might nominate the founding texts of our major religions, which through misinterpretation and manipulation have led to the suffering of millions over the centuries. Others might point to defining modern political works such as Karl Marx's Das Kapital, Hitler's Mein Kampf, or Chairman Mao's Little Red Book. Fiction can also gravely offend public sensibilities, as we have seen in recent decades with book burnings of the Satanic Verses and Harry Potter novels. But for many down the millennia and across the globe no books have been more feared than grimoires: then again, no books have been more valued and revered."

Owen Davies in the Intoduction to Grimoires: A History of Magic Books.

any book you consider holy

that you can not put on the ground

or throw to the garbich

• Like 5

I have met people who have dabbled with various books, without a teacher. I have found far less people screwed up badly from the practice, from Grimoires, than from the various Newage books (especially those which promote channeling). So I would say that Newage books are most dangerous from what I have seen.

• Like 6

"What are the most dangerous books in the world? Some might nominate the founding texts of our major religions, which through misinterpretation and manipulation have led to the suffering of millions over the centuries. Others might point to defining modern political works such as Karl Marx's Das Kapital, Hitler's Mein Kampf, or Chairman Mao's Little Red Book. Fiction can also gravely offend public sensibilities, as we have seen in recent decades with book burnings of the Satanic Verses and Harry Potter novels. But for many down the millennia and across the globe no books have been more feared than grimoires: then again, no books have been more valued and revered."

Owen Davies in the Intoduction to Grimoires: A History of Magic Books.

Dangerous from whose perspective?

• Like 1

Dangerous from whose perspective?

The individual and society.

various books don't just pop onto the scene... before-hand and along these lines there are sorts of astral wars taking place which are then manifested in the physical along with various book forms.

Who is to blame? There is a deep Buddhist saying about "no blame" but that should probably be for another string.

in the tao te ching
Banish learning, discard knowledge: People will gain a hundredfold. ch 19
Banish learning, discard knowledge: People will gain a hundredfold. ch 20
what an inspiration to mao culture revolution
to the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.
even in the tao te ching there is danger.