thelerner

Purify your Intention

I mean "Be One with God/Buddha/Tao" and nothing else. Consider your many and varied intention----- let go of all of it until that's the only thing that remains. This has proven invaluable for me. Too easy to fritter away energy chasing attainments and the myriad other shallow-profundities that manifest on a/your/the path.

Within that singular intention, ALL is contained.

Simple. Direct. :)

all the best.

balance.

I really like this, and sense that this singular intention is the way to go, that it would get me where I want to go most efficiently. No fooling around. But, but, but.....when I actually go to do my practice I find myself not doing this and wonder why not.

One of my practices these days is Primordial Chi Gung as taught by Michael Winn. At the deepest level, it´s designed to do just what Balance is talking about. Or I can pick some smaller piece of the puzzle and focus on that as my intention. The weird thing is that if you asked me I´d say I believe in going BIG, dissolving into the deepest part of my being. And yet in the moment I find it hard to go there. Something to ponder.

Liminal

A mind of no intentions is a purified Mind . The more a mind intends to purify itself , the more it becomes restless , therefore powerless.

The difficulty is how to make use of this intention-proof Mind...

Edited by exorcist_1699

I really like this, and sense that this singular intention is the way to go, that it would get me where I want to go most efficiently. No fooling around. But, but, but.....when I actually go to do my practice I find myself not doing this and wonder why not.

One of my practices these days is Primordial Chi Gung as taught by Michael Winn. At the deepest level, it´s designed to do just what Balance is talking about. Or I can pick some smaller piece of the puzzle and focus on that as my intention. The weird thing is that if you asked me I´d say I believe in going BIG, dissolving into the deepest part of my being. And yet in the moment I find it hard to go there. Something to ponder.

Liminal

Liminal:

As you sit to practice, cast your intention. Feel this express perfectly from the heart. Then, let go of your intention and sit in single-pointed Love/Great Compassion for the duration of your work.

The intention (as I understand and practice it) is not meant to be held/clung-to (which is violent). When intention (like realizing Bodhi-Nature perfectly) is cast and then released, all that blocks you from this is called up so you and your practices can clear and dissolve these "obstructions".

I would say it's pretty natural to experience resistance approaching some of these things. How many eons have we been floating in individuated form, believing we are separate from God?

all the best.

balance.

Edited by balance.
  • Like 2

Practice is like chasing a crazy girlfriend.

Feel a connection one day and the next day it is gone; Not only gone but paved over like a highway that will never be travelled by anybody after this time looking for what was being looked for by going along there.

Or maybe the thing will be there again.

Purity of intention is also a leap of faith.

There is just ourselves doing it.

One by one.

Practice is like chasing a crazy girlfriend.

Feel a connection one day and the next day it is gone; Not only gone but paved over like a highway that will never be travelled by anybody after this time looking for what was being looked for by going along there.

Or maybe the thing will be there again.

Purity of intention is also a leap of faith.

There is just ourselves doing it.

One by one.

I disagree, bro.

You practice to realize you lacked for nothing in the first place.

God/Buddha/Tao moves with you/through you because All is you. It's only Ego that sees this as a leap of faith. It's only Ego that sees you as alone.

Edited by balance.
  • Like 1

I practice because it is the only thing worth doing without qualification.

I don't disagree with your remonstrance, balance

But it is only myself who gets its ass out of bed everyday to do this stuff.

My song to myself is not an adequate explanation of the universe.

Yes, I presume that I lacked for nothing in the first place.

That is what is I am talking about.

Another way of saying to watch your intentions, is to check your own motives.

Edited by manitou

Let's hear it for simplicity. Following precepts and relying on dogmatic adherence is fine for those whose lack in terms of development of enlightening virtue needs a formative morality. The 8-fold path is a wonderful device known as a provisional teaching. Those who are able to dispense with provisional teachings are able to work with reality directly and simply. Ultimately, one's identity is Thusness. The essence of one's nature is selflessly aware, sincerely, sensitively, effectively aware, with an inherent intent that is utterly open. Nondifferentiation is the highest path with no traces of even enlightenment. balance is obviously acquainted with this inherent natural basis. His expression is integral with its light. ChiForce ought to take a seat and thereby recognize the proper way to do so is to find rest with those who are already seated in its Virtue. ed note: fluff and buff last line

Enlightenment cannot be reached without non-differentiation, yet with non-differentiation enlightenment cannot exist.

Very true. Even our ideas of ideas must be released.