mwight

Masters With Documented Abilities Who Teach Publicly?

I am hot-tempered when I come here, my apologies. I have abilities but I don't have balance. Posts like this bother me. If your student can truly do these things, it is a simple matter to do them for the Randi challenge. Please do them and prove to the scientific community that these abilities exist. Proof will encourage people worldwide to follow the path to enlightenment.

a true master of reality does not display

he may drive a truck really well though

I have no doubt that energy serves as a form of subtle communication. While I am not a taoist, I am a witch. But in my experience magic always takes the easiest path, and the easiest path falls along the highest living thing.

For the record, could you please provide your definition of "magic" (or magick as A.C. would have it ;) ). It just strikes me as odd that you do not want to accept the verity of what Hundun says, but you are willing to accept the existence of "magic".

I believe people can occasionally engage in telepathy, particularly in times of heightened emotion, but I think the ability you speak of, to sense the electromagnetic field of an inanimate object hidden from sight, would not be the natural path for magic to flow. Magical ability gives a heightened sense of intuition and an uncanny ability to read a person's body language. I would be curious to see if the experiment can be replicated without your student seeing the person who hid the object.

I don't think Hundun said he accomplishes it by sensing the electromagnetic field. He just said he can fairly consistently find it. Perhaps he is using clairvoyance/remote viewing etc... As an aside, I believe there were some tests done a few years back which tried to link plants as carriers for human telepathy. Just kind of interesting in relation to the balance taoists and wiccans try to achieve with nature.

Randi would most definitely consider this to fall into his definition of "supernatural" abilities, no matter what the person who did it would think. If this were replicable with proper controls, it would definitely qualify for the million dollars.

Could you prove any wiccan magical effects to Randi? If not, would you concede that they do not exist? Often the explanations these skeptics come up with to debunk claims are more far fetched than the phenomena itself.

However, I think the result would be similar to dowsers. I have no doubt dowsers are able to find water, but believe it is more that they are able to use their intuitive sense to read subtle signs in the land indicating underground water, rather than actually "sensing" the water, because this ability vanishes when the water is sent through pipes underground in a testing situation.

Perhaps, but their ability to intuitively read the subtle signs of the land is just as intriguing as if they were somehow sensing the electro-magnetic signature as far as I'm concerned.

Anyhow, not trying to give you a hard time. Just food for thought :P

He has some DVD's for sale on the following website:

http://www.innerselfcenter.com/

One of the links says he saved the life of the Dalai Lama's teacher and was ordained and initiated into their most secret rituals etc.... I am always skeptical of fantastical claims like this without any proof. I will try to write up a review after I read it.

I have most of his videos from that site. One of a very few people I respect deeply.

For the record, could you please provide your definition of "magic" (or magick as A.C. would have it ;) ). It just strikes me as odd that you do not want to accept the verity of what Hundun says, but you are willing to accept the existence of "magic".

I don't think Hundun said he accomplishes it by sensing the electromagnetic field. He just said he can fairly consistently find it. Perhaps he is using clairvoyance/remote viewing etc... As an aside, I believe there were some tests done a few years back which tried to link plants as carriers for human telepathy. Just kind of interesting in relation to the balance taoists and wiccans try to achieve with nature.

Could you prove any wiccan magical effects to Randi? If not, would you concede that they do not exist? Often the explanations these skeptics come up with to debunk claims are more far fetched than the phenomena itself.

Perhaps, but their ability to intuitively read the subtle signs of the land is just as intriguing as if they were somehow sensing the electro-magnetic signature as far as I'm concerned.

Anyhow, not trying to give you a hard time. Just food for thought :P

All right. I believe there are four elements--earth, air, fire and water. The air realm is the realm of male magic and the water realm is the realm of female magic. The material world is the realm of earth and the world of action is the realm of fire. Almost every action is a mixture of all of these elements, and any sort of magic work will take the easiest route of fire and earth to reach its goal. So for example, the placebo effect is a form of what I would consider magic, and has of course been proven. Hypnosis, behavioral therapy--those sorts of things. I believe in almost all cases, the magic is interwoven with the earth element, so almost always there is a plausible earth explanation. In other words, the supernatural as Randi describes it rarely happens, the water element isolated on its own. However I do believe the Princeton EGG experiment has sufficiently proven the trace effect of this isolated magic.

I of course agree that honing one's instincts to such a degree is an intriguing and worthwhile thing. I also believe that on occasion people can engage in telepathy, but not on a predictable measurable basis. I do not believe in remote viewing, only remote communication between minds. Water is also the element of confusion and dreams, so the difficulty of designing a provable experiment measuring this trace effect would be similar to determining real world facts by the contents of dreams.

Here's some interview clips with various modern gurus (not sure how many of them can actually perform siddhis, though).

And has anybody heard anything about the "magnetic qigong" guy, Peter Ragnard?

One day I just stopped expecting anything. I love to sit by the fire. One day I was sitting there thinking, "Oh well, it's my time to sit by the fire... for no reason at all ... because if anything was going to happen, it would have happened years ago." I never expected anything, I wasn't even interested in having an experience. And then something consumed me. I had never been so frightened. I was terrified. I was dying. Physically my body felt like it had turned to stone. I did everything I could to stop it, but once it started there was no stopping it and "I" died.

Now here I am, it's the same world - with cars and houses, where you eat food, go to bed, take showers and brush your teeth - but it's not the same.

Spirit: When it was over, what did you think?

Peter: Nothing, but I heard myself, as if I were in a tunnel, saying, "My God, it's real." And then I laughed - and I've been laughing ever since.

Spirit: What do you think of who you are?

Peter: I have absolutely no idea. What I am is just what I am. I simply do what I do. There's nothing to it. Everyone's basic nature is bliss, joy, happiness, compassion, tenderness, caring, love, truth, wisdom - this is what you are. When you are yourself, all these things emerge by themselves. And it's contagious; it's not a matter of teaching it to anybody. I'm not a teacher, but if you come here, it's what's "caught." It's an energy that cannot be spoken.

Peter: At the time of my experience, or rather, as a prelude to it, I saw myself as many, many different people. I saw myself back in many time frames, yet they were like characters on a screen. I saw myself as all of them but, I must say, that was still part of the illusion of life. When the illusion stops it matters little whether you were sinner or saint. Because now you're awake. Until then you can dream anything on this plane that you want to. What I'm doing now is the same thing I did in my last life. I've just picked up on it. Except this time it's different; I have changed because now I know. It's really very simple.

Spirit: So other lifetimes don't really matter?

Peter: No, they do not matter.It's one of the diseases of the mind. The mind always wants to be in the past or in the future because if the mind is totally in the now it has to stop. The mind is made up of pasting and futuring. Every time you think, what are you doing? It's either about something that's already happened or something you're fantasizing about in the future. If you didn't do that, there'd be no thought.

Body,Mind & Spirit: There are wild bears wandering around outside like pet dogs. Did they just show up?

Peter: That was one of the things I noticed after my experience. Animals would just come to me. The first one was a fox. He came right up to me and let me touch him. Deer would feed from my hand. Then a crow came over and I shared my sandwich with him. Also, I had poisonous snakes come crawling over my feet. For some strange reason I just reached down and picked them up. I could feel their hearts in my heart, and when you love something, fear vanishes.

That's the way it is with the bears. One of the female bears has three little cubs. She wouldn't let any of the other bears near those cubs, she charged like a freight train. Yet she came right up on the deck and into my bedroom with them! I could have slept with them if I wanted to.

He's pretty commercialized...but at the same time, I hear a ring of truth in the way he talks...some of it even sounding similar to Max's teachings. Edited by vortex