Owledge

Synchronicities are...

Thank you for your kind words.

What exactly is going on? Tao gives birth to one, one gives birth to two, two give birth to three, three give birth to ten thousand things. Ten thousand things, all having common parentage. Each of them will resonate with every "relative" it meets down the road. Like this:

iching.gifJustJoolzIChingWheelcopy.jpg

I haven't seen an octopus' keyboard in years !

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

From some guy's mushroom trip: "I had an exceedingly clear awareness. I am seeing this all Happen before my eyes. The most unquestionable convincing presentation, it was all one SYNCHORNICITY. Every object, every action, every thought, every living being anywhere, now, throughout all of history, every weather pattern, rock falling from a cliff, a random guy in New York asking for a bratwurst, comment from a cashier. Every occurrence is accounted for. It is all SYNCHRONICITY."

Source: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=52679

You didn't quote the part where he clarifies that what he calls synchronicity is just interconnected events, not meaningful seeming coincidences. Chaos theory if you will.

(I checked out the linked text because this snippet made me suspect exactly that.)

Edited by Owledge

I have one. Well, is Ukraine. I won't get into the details here but the night before the coup, I felt a strong sense of something being split into two. Like my mind was divided into two. Like my consciousness is aware of two persons thinking about the same event all at once. This simultaneous consciousness sensation of being conscious of 2 minds...this sensation was manifested in Star Wars symbols (Luke and Vader fighting). Luke killed Vader. I was seeing Luke and Vader twice but both experienced different events. The next morning I was reading the news and read about the coup and how the opposition party stormed the Kiev government building and taking over the pro-Russian govt. It dawned on me that not only the country will be split in the two but also within the opposition, which most political commentators aren't talking about that.

Last night I couldn't sleep. My mind was still trying to figure out what would happen in Ukraine. I begin to worry if maybe something is happening in Ukraine and that was why my mind wasn't at rest. Well, this morning, unidentified heavily arm guards speaking Russian stormed the Crimean government building and took over regional government. The regional govt decided to have a referendum on the autonomy status of Crimea. Most likely Crimea would secede from Ukraine. This will get decided on May 25, the same day the Ukraine govt will elect their new president. Sorry about all the political talks....:)

You may ask what is the big deal about Ukraine being split into two, along the ethnic line. It was important enough that my mind was really bothered by the Star Wars vision.

I have one. Well, is Ukraine. I won't get into the details here but the night before the coup, I felt a strong sense of something being split into two. Like my mind was divided into two. Like my consciousness is aware of two persons thinking about the same event all at once. This simultaneous consciousness sensation of being conscious of 2 minds...this sensation was manifested in Star Wars symbols (Luke and Vader fighting). Luke killed Vader. I was seeing Luke and Vader twice but both experienced different events. The next morning I was reading the news and read about the coup and how the opposition party stormed the Kiev government building and taking over the pro-Russian govt. It dawned on me that not only the country will be split in the two but also within the opposition, which most political commentators aren't talking about that.

Last night I couldn't sleep. My mind was still trying to figure out what would happen in Ukraine. I begin to worry if maybe something is happening in Ukraine and that was why my mind wasn't at rest. Well, this morning, unidentified heavily arm guards speaking Russian stormed the Crimean government building and took over regional government. The regional govt decided to have a referendum on the autonomy status of Crimea. Most likely Crimea would secede from Ukraine. This will get decided on May 25, the same day the Ukraine govt will elect their new president. Sorry about all the political talks.... :)

You may ask what is the big deal about Ukraine being split into two, along the ethnic line. It was important enough that my mind was really bothered by the Star Wars vision.

In a discussion regarding the kind of energies coming into the picture come Chinese new year, I made this prediction on February 1 -- post No. 23

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33235-get-rid-of-the-snake-already/page-2

"It's a stallion, by the way -- a yang year we have, yang wood in the heavenly stem and yang fire in the earthly branch. Throw strong wood into strong fire, see what happens. Fire is the destructive phase of wood, wood is the mother phase of fire, but this time around we have fiery mother and she will discipline rather than nourish -- and the wood she meets with her fire is headstrong, stubborn, defiant, and powerful. All in all, it will be a year of rebellious moods involving people who are actually close and similar and related. This is the mood of civil wars. "

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

Throw strong wood into strong fire.

I'm sorry that's making me laugh!

You hadda be there.

IC.

Do you?

Ha ha ha!

gotta edit this in a min

Of course I see it, Marvel. Supplementing intuition with Chinese astrology does not eliminate one's sense of metaphor -- if anything, it expands it.

It means we are fucked.

• Like 2

I didn't look into the Ukraine issue in detail, but what's going on in Venezuela lately is more entertaining than any fictional political thriller. Some of the news made me laugh, and it's so much more enjoyable since the bad guys are tragically dumb.

A mild fever every now and then helps the immune system stay strong. It is very wise of the Venezuelan government to allow the criminal opposition to continue their game on a low flame.

• Like 1

The best part about this news:

Four days before April 1st.

Well, I have been sensing another disturbance in the force :)...something about to happen soon...not sure if it is about my life or some other world events.

Well, I have been sensing another disturbance in the force :)...something about to happen soon...not sure if it is about my life or some other world events.

I sense it, too. ... Something vague is going to happen. :lol:

• Like 1

One of my all time favorite synchronicity stories.

Man lost touch with his daughter for over 10 years after a divorce.

He travels to the old city to find her but fails, then thinks to try the local paper who run his story with his picture to help him find her. It works.

Turns out his daughter is in the picture the photographer took of him. She and his ex-wife are crossing the street behind him.

They are reunited.

http://www.67notout.com/2010/06/photo-taken-of-father-showed-his.html

• Like 2

One of my all time favorite synchronicity stories.

Man lost touch with his daughter for over 10 years after a divorce.

He travels to the old city to find her but fails, then thinks to try the local paper who run his story with his picture to help him find her. It works.

Turns out his daughter is in the picture the photographer took of him. She and his ex-wife are crossing the street behind him.

They are reunited.

http://www.67notout.com/2010/06/photo-taken-of-father-showed-his.html

I witnessed something similar too. At one point, my husband and I were entertaining some friends at home, and people got interested in seeing some childhood pictures. We produced an album or two, and the first photo to come up showed my husband at the age of about 10 having lunch with his parents and his brother at a cafe, during a summer vacation. One of our guests, his college friend, looks at the picture in total disbelief and goes, "and here, at that table behind yours, another family with two young boys having lunch -- that's me and my brother with our parents." Both families were on vacation in a location hundreds of miles away from their respective homes, and the future friends in that picture never met till years later.

• Like 2

I witnessed something similar too. At one point, my husband and I were entertaining some friends at home, and people got interested in seeing some childhood pictures. We produced an album or two, and the first photo to come up showed my husband at the age of about 10 having lunch with his parents and his brother at a cafe, during a summer vacation. One of our guests, his college friend, looks at the picture in total disbelief and goes, "and here, at that table behind yours, another family with two young boys having lunch -- that's me and my brother with our parents." Both families were on vacation in a location hundreds of miles away from their respective homes, and the future friends in that picture never met till years later.

Wow. To have witnessed that had to be awesome.

I work with a set painter who responded to me sharing my above story with his own.

He was on vacation in Germany and visiting an art gallery and saw himself in the background of a picture taken in Los Angeles over a decade before. He didn't know the photographer and just happened to be walking by when the shot was taken. He had no memory of it.

Then just happened to attend the gallery on another continent, a decade later, where it was on display.

Wild.

• Like 1

As I hinted at earlier, these stories, while having subjective meaning for the individual, can be explained with confirmation bias. Ther's bound to be events like those happening, and people will talk about those of course.

I'm very curious about experiences where statistical likeliness for the individual is not given. Repeating patterns over time and such.