Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Horse

For Chinese, the Year of the Horse means a good harvest year.

Second to the dog in earliest domestication, both were eaten, sacrificed, and idolized into straw dogs and wooden horses.

The horses great utility in warfare is second to none in the ancient world and one needs understand that to understand the fear imposed by the Mongols on horseback is unsurpassed...

Their natural beauty, movement, strength, raw talent and playfulness makes the elegance, power and recalcitrance an animal worthy of bowing to... and riding on top like riding a cloud...

• Like 3

It *is* year of the horse stance! :)

Funny you should say this.

Today I went to town and saw a group of people with my old club T-shirts on having coffee. Apparently the Saturday morning park by the river session has been revived and there are new members :) (I'm going next week - hooray! )

Instructor says he is focusing on Naihanchin and applications (as well as the weapons focus ) .

I am SOOOO liking the year of the Horse already! (I live in a rural Fairly isolated area, and such a training opportunity is indeed rare ). :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

For Chinese, the Year of the Horse means a good harvest year.

Second to the dog in earliest domestication, both were eaten, sacrificed, and idolized into straw dogs and wooden horses.

The horses great utility in warfare is second to none in the ancient world and one needs understand that to understand the fear imposed by the Mongols on horseback is unsurpassed...

Their natural beauty, movement, strength, raw talent and playfulness makes the elegance, power and recalcitrance an animal worthy of bowing to... and riding on top like riding a cloud...

A toast to the horse ... like dog; the loyal companion of mankind. Horse 'has it over dog' in that it can be ridden and pull a cart.

(Some anthropological views esteem 'civilisation' as being linked to animals that could , as well as the functions " earliest domestication, both were eaten, sacrificed, and idolized " also assist in harvest, be source of food {while still alive; eg milk products} provide transport and valuable manure ... as 'holy' as the cow IMO .

• Like 1

rbv, i do live in kentucky and have always had a deep fondness for our horses (thus my bias). and as mh reminds us, Chuang Tzu many times used the galloping horse analogy. all of the changes in and of motion in and of that moment.

3 months ago when a neighbor offered to trade a horse for my jeep, i shouldve thought it was the year of the horse coming up and not the year of the jeep.

• Like 1

I thought the green ness of the horse was an example of a colorful association with the grasses the horse would eat. Thusly the grass and the horse , combined could be a presentation teaching that seemingly opposing pairs were conceivably one. The horse feeding on and fertilizing to the grass preserving the relationship and the grass similarly benefitting from the arrangement because without grazers the grasses become dominated by taller shrubbery. In the great cycle of life .

But I guess its just a zodiacal thing.

I dont think those mongolian equines are the horses described as loyal domesticated riding partners though, arent they more like zebras?

Teasing.. so the REAL horses are the ones from NA , developed in arabia and then were imported to china and back to NA improved.

Yeah, and we are fertilizing this thread too.

Looks to me like the horse is taking one last look at the wolves while altering its direction leftward away from them. With those wolves there it wouldn't be a good time to stop and graze.

I have joked with some Native Americans that they ate all the horses when they come over from Asia and only after seeing the Spanish riding the horse managed to get some that ran away from the Spanish and learned how to ride them finally.

Yeah, and we are fertilizing this thread too. Looks to me like the horse is taking one last look at the wolves while altering its direction leftward away from them. With those wolves there it wouldn't be a good time to stop and graze. I have joked with some Native Americans that they ate all the horses when they come over from Asia and only after seeing the Spanish riding the horse managed to get some that ran away from the Spanish and learned how to ride them finally.

How they ever got along before the Spanish got here is beyond me. :)

Incidentally , i thought the horse was on skates.

And ive always wondered about the guy on the other side of the tree, what does he mean? Somebody must have put him there..its not like he was just walking around and ended up in the picture by accident.

Edited by Stosh

.. so the REAL horses are the ones from NA , developed in arabia and then were imported to china and back to NA improved.

Why does this process sound familiar ? Something to do with finances and economics ???

And ive always wondered about the guy on the other side of the tree, what does he mean? Somebody must have put him there..its not like he was just walking around and ended up in the picture by accident.

The guy to the left of the tree is our example of the sage who does not fear wolves in the forest for they have no place to thrust their horns.

• Like 1

Why does this process sound familiar ? Something to do with finances and economics ???

Maybe you were thinking of the story "Around The World In 80 Days"?

Horns? You mean fangs? :D

Hehehe. Well, originally it was about rhinos so I thought I would leave the horns in my story.

Well it has always been one globe..but i wouldnt considet value added concept accurate analogy.

those of you who are going to do horse stance this year, go for it, i will pass on that.

but i will add some practice to acknowledge the year of the Horse. the horsetail whisk

those of you who are going to do horse stance this year, go for it, i will pass on that.

but i will add some practice to acknowledge the year of the Horse. the horsetail whisk

He would be one mean puppy if he had a long dagger in his hand instead of the horse-tail.

I did a solid 30 minutes of cloud hand waving in horse stance out on the fields on Saturday. I don't ordinarily do that kind of thing but I loved it! :D

• Like 2

It's a wood horse. Made of wood.

I read somewhere that a wood horse is strong and combustible and so this will be a year for 'splosions.

Is there a Michael Bay film coming out this year?

transformers-4-age-of-extinction-wallpap

Ahh . . . it all makes sense.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this