Songtsan

Superimposition of views on reality

continued...

the way to view 'my system' is thusly:...

All is Mind is a view used in looking at a single moment of reality, moment from moment. It simply states that in this moment, you are that, which is that moment and wherever you are with it. As everything experienced is a perception, and the mind is the mirror upon which the game of perception plays out, you are that awareness of Mind which is inclusive of all reality present in that which you perceive.

Neti neti is a view which is used to look at chained moments of time, which form patterns which become labeled.as identities, things, etc. - so it applies to the fabrications. It is used to break attachment to views of identity, permanence, absolutist ideals and so on

So to me, All is Mind is used to be aware that time doesn't exist, just the eternal moment, and that that moment is what I am then. It is more based on inclusion of all percepts as self when reality is viewed as only existent in the present.

Neti neti is used to defuse delusions of permanence, delusions of non-momentary existence (i.e. past/future ideations/plans), and various ego constructs - it is used 'in time' - i.e. in views which take place in chained events.

Neti, neti = affirming negation. You negate that which is the conditioned, dualistic, differentiated identity i.e. superimpositions of nama-rupa, to reveal that which is the unconditioned, non-dualistic, undifferentiated Atman/Brahman, which in nature is Sat-Cit-Ananda. Cit is sat i.e. real (ignore the large paragraph, on Buddhism, on the top part of the page: it is a very inaccurate distortion) -- http://www.vedantaadvaita.org/Appendix_1.htm:

(B) Another approach is to say that Sastra does not reveal Brahman in positive terms. (there is no vidhimukha bodhana). Cf. Brhadaranyaka Upanishad II.iii.6 – “Now, therefore the description (of Brahman) – ‘Not this, not this’. Because there is no other and more appropriate description than this ‘not this, not this’”. Internally, we negate all names and forms like the body, sense organs, the mind and intellect and arrive at the unnegatable pure Consciousness (Cit). Externally we negate all names and forms and arrive at the unnegatable pure Existence (Sat). And we learn from Sastra that Sat is Cit; Cit is Sat and through the Mahavakyas like “Tattvamasi” one owns up one’s true nature as “aham brahma asmi”. In other words, Mahavakyas do not reveal any new entity. The consciousness available in us, the Atma, is self-evident. What mahavakyas do is to remove the wrong notion that it is limited and equate it with the infinite Brahman.

• Like 1

This is just physicalism.

You can call it that, but it is something else :)

We were discussing this a while back..

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30447-my-great-realization/page-2

see the links in post #29

I don't consider it physicalism so much as the way reality works...physicalism suggests a mechanistic view - but reality is really composed of force, energy, movement, etc. - so it is certainly not crystallized...

I like to conceptually separate the reality of perception-experience (Mind & awareness) from its root - 'being,' 'nature,' for illustration purposes..

sat-chit-ananda

being bliss awareness

being = 'physical reality' which is energy/force, time and space

bliss = perception...the living energetic act of experience, the 'taste' of suchness

awareness = the experiencer of the suchness

these three, all intertwined, create each moment...I am that

I = perceiver

am = being

that = suchness

Mind is part of reality too.

Mind is not illusion.

Mind is real.

Real is illusion

Illusions are following me

I am the illusion that follows my self

there is no one else here

but me-self

My self takes the form of the container

It is a shape shifty thing

The love exists in the marriage between universe and self

self thought it was separate from universe

until it knew itself as the universe

then it began again to love in a circle

looking back at itself

it saw all itselves wherever it looked

Inhaling itself

it felt at one, then got lonely

and split into a few

for fun and sport

to make more love

• Like 2

You can call it that, but it is something else :)

We were discussing this a while back..

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30447-my-great-realization/page-2

see the links in post #29

Sorry, but this is just a bunch of proliferations. Dharmic religions will not make sense and cannot be wholly appreciated when viewed from the framework of the physical sciences. Of course, as a matter of convention, it can be accepted that our CNS acts as a switchboard, so to speak, for the functioning of our senses and body. Though, regarding the CNS as the sole originator of consciousness, will conflict with the experiential descriptions and dialectics of Dharma.

Sorry, but this is just a bunch of proliferations. Dharmic religions will not make sense and cannot be wholly appreciated when viewed from the framework of the physical sciences. Of course, as a matter of convention, it can be accepted that our CNS acts as a switchboard, so to speak, for the functioning of our senses and body. Though, regarding the CNS as the sole originator of consciousness, will conflict with the experiential descriptions and dialectics of Dharma.

All attempts to find truth, when earnestly pursued and without selfish goals, will eventually converge into the great view....all systems will merge into one - throwing off their false skins - this will happen in a few thousand years or so - mark my words!

3 blind men looking at an elephant

• Like 3

All is Mind = radical acceptance of all things without prejudice - merging with the movie - understanding the relationship between mind and all 'things' - all percepts occur in and are of the mind, merged with the 3-D screen of awareness

Neti neti = radical letting go of all labels, views, and concepts of self - detaching from the movie to see its illusionary nature - dropping falsifications, avoiding unconscious patterning, avoiding identification

the marriage is an ever inflowing/ever outflowing pf reality without grasping at or denial of attributes...

same shit, different moment

So you are creating some new hybrid system, which you have also mentioned in previous threads.

Will your new system have direct introduction?

If so, are you going to travel all over the world giving direct introduction?

So you are creating some new hybrid system, which you have also mentioned in previous threads.

Will your new system have direct introduction?

If so, are you going to travel all over the world giving direct introduction?

I don't know that I intend to be some "great teacher" or anything - that sounds too stressful - it's mainly for me and anyone else who is interested...mainly I will just be doing the shit everyone else does :) basically being aware and whatnot....

there is a concept called 'hybrid vigor' - usually used in genetics and breeding of plants...basically it states that hybridizing produces stronger progeny if you marry the right genetics. Genetics are basically like programs or codes, as are mental cultivation systems. Therefore I am aiming to create a 'best of the best' type of system - through study of what has been most effective in correlation with what I find will work best for me in my specific circumstances.

A big issue is that I have this other 'presence' who has access to my consciousness, which I will call Shakti or a Djinn or possibly multiple Djinni. So, although I am heavily influenced by Buddhism, due to the fact that they don't talk much about Kundalini and whatnot (I believe they would call it 'Mara'), and because of the significance of the 'presence,' I have to look within various systems. Also, Shamanism has dealt extensively with spirits and inter-dimensional beings... and, since I am a user of entheogens as spiritual aids as Shamans are wont to do, I must also incorporate this. This is why I am so attracted to Tibetan Buddhism, which evolved from the shamanistic-like Bon religion in that region as you likely know.

So my explorations will be complete with an in-depth study of the various Taoist systems, followed by Vajrayana (very interested in Vajrasattva as well as the practice which views the world as a mandala and all beings enlightened deities/demons)

The Djinn/shakti will be my dakini/consort for internal tantric practices, until I achieve union with self..

I have a sort of "5-year" plan actually..

A 'fuzzy' style view of it is:

-Practice bagua/zhan zhuang/spontaneous qigong/MCO

-explore various Taoist schools, especially Deci Belle's style of Complete Reality Taoism

-after appr. 2 years of this I will seek initiation into Vajrasattva, etc.

I am moving to the country in appr. 1 month - living on 40 acres of woods and wetlands...there will be farming, possibly a business forming around certain ideas which could be patented.

I will not have to work a normal job - my work will be my own self-cultivation - exercise, nutrition, preventative health, meditation, martial arts, etc.

I will be writing a book over that time - the book of me and what I 'know'

I will be teaching my girlfriend and her 10 year old son my systems as well, so I will get some more experience as a teacher. I was a personal trainer, I taught yoga, did massage and stuff - I aim to combine my experiences into a system of living that works for me. If it can benefit other people that would be cool too, but I am not attached to that...whatever evolves will be what it is...

Edited by Songtsan

I will be writing a book over that time - the book of me and what I 'know'

I will be teaching my girlfriend and her 10 year old son my systems as well

Books are useless.

We have direct introduction.

Edited by RongzomFan

Also, are you going to have sexual yogas?

I am! My lover is interested in Tantra and I have been teaching her some stuff...plus I will be doing the internal yab-yum with my Chandralini...

So, although I am heavily influenced by Buddhism, due to the fact that they don't talk much about Kundalini and whatnot (I believe they would call it 'Mara'),

Kundalini and candali are the exact same thing.

Kundalini is found under many names in Hinduism, so the name isn't important.

Kundalini and candali are the exact same thing.

Kundalini is found under many names in Hinduism, so the name isn't important.

All I am saying is that they don't discuss it as much as they do in India...you really have to search for it!

I am! My lover is interested in Tantra and I have been teaching her some stuff...plus I will be doing the internal yab-yum with my Chandralini...

You keep emphasizing Shakti, but you haven't mentioned the ultimate Shakti practice i.e. shava sadhana

All I am saying is that they don't discuss it as much as they do in India...you really have to search for it!

No, its pretty basic Vajrayana

I am heavily influenced by Buddhism, due to the fact that they don't talk much about Kundalini and whatnot (I believe they would call it 'Mara'),

4926612_orig.jpg

• Like 2

This is why I am so attracted to Tibetan Buddhism, which evolved from the shamanistic-like Bon religion in that region as you likely know.

I don't know why people think this. Its completely false.

I will be teaching my girlfriend and her 10 year old son my systems as well, so I will get some more experience as a teacher. I was a personal trainer, I taught yoga, did massage and stuff - I aim to combine my experiences into a system of living that works for me. If it can benefit other people that would be cool too, but I am not attached to that...whatever evolves will be what it is...

Your 'system' already exists in the form of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) http://www.mbct.com/Index.htm.

4926612_orig.jpg

well..what am I supposed to think? Here I am started off in the direction of yoga and worship of Shakti, and then I get into Buddhism and as far as I can tell from the actions of the Kundalini, it's Buddhist equivalent is described just like that of Mara - or Maya - I have my theories about that - Kundalini is the coyote trickster! yep! sent to entice you with your own subconscious desires...lol - in a formative way

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1