Songtsan

Superimposition of views on reality

I have spent a lot of time at the Nityananda Institute in Portland, OR, which is headed by Swami Chetanananda, who was a disciple of Rudi and who spent some time with Muktananda...so I have some connection with the Shaiva and Siddha Yoga lineages. Add that in with my connection to the Kriya Yoga path and it obvious that I am a 'fool for Shakti.' I don't really know what the relationship between Shakti and Taoism is though....Deci Belle suggests that as part of the Complete Reality School, one should not hold ideas about such things and just practice Direct Seeing. This makes sense to me. Holding an idea that there is 'someone else watching through my eyes' is still holding onto a mental perturbation, and so regardless of whether or not Kundalini is there, without the idea of 'me' and 'her,' there exists only suchness, and so this would seem to dissolve the difference. It would seem that this would be the union of Shiva-Shakti, but I cannot be sure. It has come to my mind that wu wei and spontaneous kriyas may be one and the same - especially if the mind gets dropped. The non-action actions would simply be part and parcel of Taomind, which may be none other than Shakti... What do you think?

Edited by Songtsan

I have spent a lot of time at the Nityananda Institute in Portland, OR,

jesus Christ

oh forget it

Edited by RongzomFan

jesus Christ

oh forget it

yes, yes....I know - but that's as close as I have gotten....what's a guy gonna do? ;)

yes, yes....I know - but that's as close as I have gotten....what's a guy gonna do? ;)

Yeah I don't think you have anything decent in Portland going by the Wikipedia list.

I'm not in Portland now - that was then - I am in Rochester and they have this place: http://www.hindutempleofrochester.com/

...maybe some others - who knows?

Yeah, Portland is more Asian style than Hindu, though they do have a Bhangra night at the university, as well as at one of the clubs downtown...