SonOfTheGods

Hot Yoga guru raped students in cult-like training

IME, sometimes it diminishes and sometimes it blossoms. In a similar vein, sometimes beauty is only skin deep and sometimes it glows from the inside (and sometimes both at once...) Applies to men and women equally, I think.

Doesn't the word come from Greek and relate to 'ripe' or 'at its right time' and a (Greek ideal ?) that a mature woman trying to look young and a young girl trying to look old are NOT beautiful ? ... I read that somewhere ... prob wiki

In your eyes, does the 'gorgeous' quality diminish with age?

No, absolutely not! Thank you for calling me on it. I meant that as a cliché and could have, should have put it in quotation marks. The beer bellies are beautiful too :-)

In fact, there's a lot less 'sexiness' in the spa than at the swimming pool where the sexy bits are covered.

Edited by soaring crane

Yikes, another yoga scandal! Why can't these dudes just get laid the natural way.....go to a bar meet and some cute chicks that are looking for a hot night. That way everyone's happy.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

I read an interesting article the other day which speculates about why so many of these Yoga gurus end up in these sex scandals: http://www.healingdao.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&articleid=35

Was this seemingly compulsive sexual behavior by enlightened masters a kind of crazy wisdom, an intentionally paradoxical Tantric behavior that we morality-bound Westerners could not understand, or was there something else going on here? Thousands of followers would testify to the spiritual powers of these men. For me, it raised a new question: is it possible to be spiritually enlightened, and at the same time be an emotional and sexual midget? Over time, my later study of Daoist subtle body development suggested this was likely the case. Muktananda and Rama were trained by Tantrics that emphasized austerities, including abstention from sex, while driving all energy into the head to nourish the spiritual body. They likely had no previous sexual experience in India.

These head centered (third eye and crown) practices are typical of "fire" school methods for achieving rapid enlightenment, which often suppress physical body urges to achieve this expanded head-enlightened state. These repressed sexual urges can later suddenly emerge powerfully, amplified by the active fire energy of the adept's spiritual body seeking to ground itself in the sexual waters of the earth plane/physical body. The trigger activating this release could have been the shift from the sexually repressive culture of India to the free-sex culture of New York. The unconscious desire of the young female devotees to have sex with their guru may also have been a factor; to Rama and Muktananda's opened subtle vision these sexual desires may have been perceived consciously, and they may have been simply unable to resist an opportunity to seek balance for their excess spiritual fire.

Not that that excuses exploitative behavior but it's an interesting perspective.

Before my first reply I'd read the article very carefully to see if it was actual rape, or perhaps just a bit of easy coercion... Rape in this case.

I know of some very sex based groups, nothing wrong with that in my personal opinion, especially since everything is up front. People know what it's all about going in.

But raping, several women... that goes far far beyond sexual imbalance imo. (if it was just one, perhaps they lied, but several?)

Though definitely an interesting perspective to see why some of this goes on. Makes you wonder if something is missing in the practice? Either some better grounding stuff, some better self control stuff, or some purposeful partner work stuff?

• Like 1

Before my first reply I'd read the article very carefully to see if it was actual rape, or perhaps just a bit of easy coercion... Rape in this case.

I know of some very sex based groups, nothing wrong with that in my personal opinion, especially since everything is up front. People know what it's all about going in.

But raping, several women... that goes far far beyond sexual imbalance imo. (if it was just one, perhaps they lied, but several?)

Though definitely an interesting perspective to see why some of this goes on. Makes you wonder if something is missing in the practice? Either some better grounding stuff, some better self control stuff, or some purposeful partner work stuff?

Also have to wonder, when said "guru" first started out, what was his original intention? Did fame over take him? Or was his original idea to be like a rockstar?

Has any one read 'Karma Cola' , its a little 'exposition' on how certain easterners see stupid westerners as ripe fruit for the 'spiritual' money making market.

I don't even want to read about such awfulness.

The real illuminates are humble men who live quietly and anonymously on little means, and little thought for self.

Well, probably.

For the most part.

I still don't want to read about the awfulness.

I'm celibate to varying degrees.

Sorry. I didn't read the thread, only the title.

Certainly it reminds one of other stories, doesn't it?

It doesn't bear thinking about.

I bet there are some genuine adepts out there on welfare benefits just trying to er be of benefit.

Who live like poor lonely hermits still.

Vestal virgins on the radio.

Turning a whiter shade of pale.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell