Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

How do you report a trolling pattern in a thread rather than a particular post?

But a link to a post and and post number is mute if one is moving the cheese around at will... ;)

Very impressive execution of guerilla cyberwarfare. I wonder who they really work for... ;)

• Like 1

But a link to a post and and post number is mute if one is moving the cheese around at will... ;)

Saw what?

If you mean posts/threads being moved? The links still work.

• Like 1

Saw what?

If you mean posts/threads being moved? The links still work.

I suspect he means the case in which the contents of a post is stripped and is inserted (with or without subsequent "ninja editing") into a later post.
  • Like 2

Some folks live it seems, just to shit in other people's cornflakes.

Ignore works wonders.

And not just the ignore feature that hides the mess from view.

The kind you kindle within and free yourself from the need to feed the trolls.

• Like 1

I suspect he means the case in which the contents of a post is stripped and is inserted (with or without subsequent "ninja editing") into a later post.

Being as the mods have a decent level of intelligence, they would read the word "post deleted to consolidate" then scroll down to the bottom. So all is good ;). Also, the original post does still stay within the report center.

• Like 1

Being as the mods have a decent level of intelligence, they would read the word "post deleted to consolidate" then scroll down to the bottom. So all is good ;). Also, the original post does still stay within the report center.

Interesting! I didn't know that.^^^

• Like 1

OK test complete, yes the original post remains in the report center, not the edited later version :).

To a member, if a the post is blank, there would appear nothing to report on that post.

But what I think your saying is that at the time a post has something and is reported, that gets sent as at that moment there is something in the post. That is expected as it grabs the post at that moment in time (which exists at that moment).

But another issue would be that when someone quotes another, their quoted post has a "return" link to get to that post again... If that post is later 'edited for consolidation', there is nothing to go back to.

There is really no end to the problems it causes to an otherwise default behavior of a forum for posts and replies.

Sign in to follow this