Keith, have you listened to Sifu Max's stories about his adventures and becoming a lama? I've got most of his tapes and they are well worth the money.

While writing this post, I was looking for a link to his tapes but found he is well and alive and teaching. The last time I check he had a rainbow body experience for the 4th time and didn't come back.

Here is his website...

http://www.risingredphoenix.com/aboutus.html

Thanks for mentioning him :)

The "rising red phoenix" name is interesting. The name is interesting because I'm wondering if the secret Heavenly Pool of legend for selecting a Chinese Emperor is true.

Check this trailer out: Lama Thunderbolt

Hi Max

Do you know him personally? Or read his book or something? What do you think?

Some things are a bit weird (perhaps an understatement hehe), like:

His father had been exposed to very high levels of Agent Orange in the military and the result was that his offspring had many physical anomalies and birth defects.

It was revealed that he has 3-strand DNA, high levels of gamma radiation emanating from his brain, and various other anomalies that could not be explained in any conventional way.

:blink:

4.Eckhart Tolle

Have his New Earth book, reccomend it to all. Plan to get his Power of Now sometime in the future (there are so many other things). It`s funny, a Canadian girl I met over the net reccomended this book to me a couple years back. I read a little bit about it, and thought it`s something a little bit like new age nonsense. But maybe also because I was more into microcosmic orbit and stuff...

Anyway, last year my teacher reccomended it and I was really surprised so I decided to check it out, but I got New Earth first. Very good.

1. Zhuangzi

2. Alan Watts

3. Osho

4. The Dalai Lama

5. Myself (whatever that means...)

When you say "Myself" is that your higher self or your Shen?

When you say "Myself" is that your higher self or your Shen?

WHen I figure out who is saying "Myself" I'll ask...

PS Here's my first revision after some thought...

1. Zhuangzi

2. Alan Watts

3. Osho

4. Thich Nhat Hanh

5. Ourself

Adyashanti- Im more than willing to gamble that hes the real deal. He leads the pack for clarifying the Enlightenment idea for me,putting the whole thing in perspective. As the intellect still seems to be an important area of practice for me, thats been crucial. And his style of meditation is one Im always returning to. When in doubt,I sit "Adya-style" :lol:

My Dad-for teaching impeccable ethics without ever discussing the topic (Just as well, coz our actual discussions just lead to arguments :lol: ).Sorry guys,hes not taking students though :lol: Our lineage is strictly Dynastic :D:D:D:D

Yogani- for clarity & accessibilty of presentation,he gets an A+ :lol: I really love him as a "nuts & bolts" guy with a great big Bhakti going on.Groovy combination.

Alan Clements - for an Enlightenment concept that isnt cowardly, & for not being pissed off when I crumpled into a sobbing heap in his workshop.Good sense of humour .

Assorted representatives of the Animal Kingdom,for inspirational levels of coolness.The Flora get a big look in as well.

Regards,Cloud :)

Cloud, enjoyed your five... glad about the dad.!

over and out from china

off to oz to see bob. his offsider elliot is so sweet as well..

Have to make a change just off my experience practicing Kunlun for 3 days.

Lol, I told you so...

It occured to me rating my favorite teachers is a rather silly thing to do. So..no more Top 5! LOL!

Edited by Cameron

Ok I am doing one more top 5, but that's it for the rest of the year!

1.Sifu Max

2.Jeannie Zandi

3.Eckhart Tolle

4.Ken Cohen

5.Master Chen

Ok I am doing one more top 5, but that's it for the rest of the year!

LOL (they heard me out of the campervan!)

You just can't resist, eh! ;)

Edited by Pietro

osho

UG (the grumpy rude recently left the planet one)

Eckhart Tolle

'sailor' bob

nissy

I checked UG out on the internet. The guy is AMAZING.

Ok, last revision this year...

1. Sifu Max

2. Tom Morrissey

3. Jeannie Zandi

4. Eckhart Tolle

5 Adyashanti

Hm... I'm a Philosophical Taoist so um... I have some authors I like... Derek Lin (The Tao of Daily Life, www.taoism.net) and Benjamin Hoff (Tao of Pooh, Te of Piglet). Some blogs I like are Daoist Recluse, Beancurd Turtle and The Useless Tree. The webcomic Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida has some good Taoist/Buddhist themes in it. I also have some favorite Athiests, Deists and liberal thinkers, comedians and philosophers most of whom I've found on youtube. Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher, Pat Condell, "LiberalViewer," John L. Armstrong. I like what Greg Koukl and C. S. Lewis have to say against relativism, though I don't agree with the idea that a moral law requires a moral law giver. The book Siddhartha, by Herman Hesse has been my favorite book since I read it in high school years ago, oops, he's not alive...

Sorry, that was a lot more than five, and not really in list form, and not all Taoists, but that's kinda the point, I just look for my spirituality wherever I can find it. Most of my real spiritual leaders are the Mormons I grew up with, not famous authors or artists, just good people.