Sign in to follow this  
chegg

Abortion: not for or against but discussion only please.

I am surprised it has made it to page 4... :)

I think most of our perceptions are based on our worldview alone. If one looks at why China instituted a one-child policy about 30 years ago, it is not simply about people being selfish but more like societal survival. I don't think we (particularly in the US) are there yet and so cannot really understand this issue from all sides.

If we break it down to the microseconds one is 'alive' then we miss the aspect of the passing journey of energy in the whole of it. I might say from the perspective of energy, we are all simply selfish to make it about ourselves. Those that have the fate and destiny to pass along longer get to debate it.

• Like 1

What do the actual occult schools teach about abortion, or about various laws which would relate to it?

Ok, lets look at the occult school of the TAO bums. Having nothing but their intiution and a loving heart, they start with a hypothetical scenario.......

Chegg, by some strange means and by occuring completely out of the blue, becomes God.

Chegg, looks down at his children. Hundreds of them are playing. Then thousands, then millions !!!

Chegg, notices something out of the ordinary. Most of the kids then start fighting, killing, drug dealing, stealing, lusting.

Chegg, loves his children enourmously, regardless of their transgressions. He loves them even more than any worldly mother or father would love their own kids.

Chegg, then sees that one of his sons went off, against his father's will, and had a fling with a girl and got her pregnant even though he had no intentions of marrying her. Sort of like going against the arranged marriages that occur in some countries/religions (just another crude reflection of the spirit world perhaps ?).

Chegg, notices the pregnant girl, unaware of the spiritual laws which are crudely reflected in the moral laws which, in turn, are crudely reflected in the man-made civil laws, wishes to terminate the preganancy.

Chegg, notices that all the other children, rather than examining THEIR OWN FAULTS, start damning her, criticising her, wanting to punish her, judging her even beyond anything the father could have thought up.

Chegg, still loves the girl beyond imagination, regardless of what she will or wont do. He gave her life, he gave her free will, he gave her all his love and he continues to do so for eternity because this is HIS daughter and he LOVES HER UNCONDITIONALLY.

And that, right there, is why Chegg is God :wub:

Edited by chegg
  • Like 1

That feels like a personal attack to me, which is totally unnecessary!

Maybe it wasn't intended to be that...but know that when you use sarcasm of any type (even if it's just in a silly way), and repeat someone's name a bunch of times, it seems malicious. Also when you're saying "examining THEIR OWN FAULTS", I take it as if you're insinuating that I (or others who are pro-life) don't already do this...which of course is insulting and also speaking out of ignorance.

But if you were just in a fun kind of mood...no problem.

To address what you said...God (which I am not in any sense of the word) might truly be unconditionally loving, but people still "reap what they sow". There are negative repercussions to abortion, some of which are as simple as experiencing regret and guilt...some might be unseen, such as the result of having taken someone else's (unconditionally loved and free will given) life. And it's very questionable whether God actually is unconditionally loving, if you read just a little bit of the Bible.

"There are six things the Lord hates,

seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

hands that shed innocent blood,

a heart that devises wicked schemes,

feet that are quick to rush into evil,

a false witness who pours out lies

and a person who stirs up conflict in the community." - Proverbs 6:16-19

Even in the New Testament, Jesus' message is to do the will of God...or in very simplified layman's terms, to become a better person.

Part of being better is doing things that don't bring negative repercussions to oneself or others.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 1

God is Love. The Bible says so in 1 John. Someone who says they know God but treats others as filth doesn't know God and is in fact a liar. We as a people have gotten far out of control. We are glued to our smart phones, TVs and other media. We watch shows instead of valuing our families, bodies and most importantly our relationship with God. Abortion is never justified. I think there is some sympathy for the woman who has been raped or the woman who is facing death if she continues her pregnancy but I'm not personally convinced that either scenario is actual justification. This is my opinion. :)

• Like 1

Humans are not the only important thing on earth and there are far too many of us.

If someone wishes to cancel another human coming into the world, well good on them I say.

The Dalai Lama said a while back that he was not anti abortion, because we are quickly approaching a time when there will be too many mouths to feed, which will cause massive horrible death. He said the negative karma from contributing to that, offsets the Karma from the abortion, at this period.

Christians love to think that they define and set all the moral standards, so they grab their megaphones, protest clinics and try to enforce and legislate their stupid views on everyone else.

Talking about Selfishness as bad? They want to force the whole world to be Christian and punish those who don't share their views. That is true selfishness. They should all be flushed with the unwanted fetuses.

Just letting you know i despise Christianity, and legislative oppressive traditions. Christians will destroy this earth. They {generally} refuse to act on environmental issues, as they see all the problems as leading to big Daddy's return who will magically fix all the problems.

Something that has not developed a frontal cortex is merely the building blocks of a human being, and its spirit will easily move on to a more welcome womb.

Death to the unwanted fetuses!

• Like 2

JAJ has some interesting stuff in one of his medical qigong books (think it was volume 3) that one can do (or was that do for one's patients, don't quite recall now) to help the soul/spirit of the unborn baby (and the mother as well). Apparently the spirit can (but not always) hang out for awhile after. I found this quite interesting. He also goes into great detail about what all develops at each number of weeks regarding the embryo. Apparently I need to reread those books, I should have this memorized, arg! lol

Anyways, volumes 1 and 3 of CQMT. If anyone wants page numbers just let me know.

This thread, made it to page 4! Impressive with such a sensitive topic. Smiley2-BowingForward.gif

• Like 2

I like to express my vastly imbalanced perspectives with relish and enthusiasm :D

But I have said my piece, so will leave this thread now, so as not to hijack it further with the 'right or wrongs' of abortion that it was meant to avoid...

• Like 1

I like to express my vastly imbalanced perspectives with relish and enthusiasm :D

But I have said my piece, so will leave this thread now, so as not to hijack it further with the 'right or wrongs' of abortion that it was meant to avoid...

If there was a post which did not go into right or wrong in this entire thread, I think I missed it :). Good discussion nonetheless though.

• Like 1

Hi Turtle Shell, It was a hypothetical, not a real scenario, no malicious intended. :wub:

I only used your name because you were the one asking the question. I changed it back to my username just in case I get curses on the karmic-scale-of-bad-posts :o

It's all good, don't worry...I only misunderstood you.

• Like 1

I sit uncomfortably on the fence on this issue. I don't think abortion is good. I also don't think an early fetus is a human being, but it has that potential. Yet kids will have sex, woman in there 40's who've raised there children will get pregnant. I wouldn't like to live in pre Roe vs Wade days where abortion made woman criminals and many died in back alley operations, especially the poor.

How far are we willing to go to force a woman to have a child she doesn't want. Kill her? Imprison her? Should we impose babies on people at random? Or only to those unprepared or who don't want them?

I wouldn't want to live in a shadowy world where woman who have abortion are convicted of murder and given the death penalty along with the doctor, nurse (boy friend survives scot free?). There's already a country in South America where woman who miscarry can be sentenced to jail if they can't prove to the courts, it was nature.

The common ground is to build a society with increasingly less need and want for abortion.

• Like 2

To me, the concept of sanctity of life is subjective and is fostered by the conditioning of the dominant culture of the individual holding the perspective and summarily by their family.

No one is standing on a street corner these days saying "Save the Mosquitoes!" or "God loves Cockroaches!!"

edit: *in yoda voice* Impartial the Tao is....

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

My head hurts everytime I log on now. It's about time for me to burn the computers and smart phone.

I find your posts here are all in good spirit. Take one gentle back/neck/head massage and all will be well.

You get 4 blessings on the karmic-scale-of-good-posts ! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

I think its a credit to everyone posting that we've kept such a polarizing thorny issue civil. Especially since I've seen threads on Love and Charity go down into The Pit in flames.

• Like 1

JAJ has some interesting stuff in one of his medical qigong books (think it was volume 3) that one can do (or was that do for one's patients, don't quite recall now) to help the soul/spirit of the unborn baby (and the mother as well). Apparently the spirit can (but not always) hang out for awhile after. I found this quite interesting.

Is that the 'soul retrieval' in his materials?

Edit to answer my own question after looking it up: Yes.

Edited by dawei

Sign in to follow this