which has no mind to seek.

When it is up to you alone

there is no inside or outside to deliberate

neither absolute nor conditional~

Response is naturally so.

Once one establishes the basis

of nothing outside going in and nothing inside coming out

the world reverts to reality

within your own selfless nature~ who is there to know?

The realm beyond decision is the basis

of inherent reality without beginning.

Through thick and thin

you just sink into it in the midst of ordinary situations.

Self-perpetuated agitation never resolving

is the habit-energy of the human mentality.

When you get to sinking in, it is proof

habitual functions have begun to evaporate of themselves.

Self-identity and the basis of reality are mutually exclusive yet mind is one.

The point here is that the one who picks and chooses is the product of habit-energy. Abandoning the self-perpetuating habit is a long process of refining the mind until there is no longer any psychological momentum to manifest its virtual function, whereby one sees its real substance. The death of the self is the life of the spirit. This is the fact of realization.

Thinking is useful for clarifying. When you clear it up, forget it. If instead you cannot stop using insight, you destroy potential and so lose the point of clarification.

This is the inability to dispense with intellectualism at the right time.

If you still have a mind to complain it is because you lack the will to penetrate.

Open sincere intent is the epicenter of completely real human being.

To seek this is to be lost on the point of infinitesimal proportions.

• Like 8

This has to be known experientially. You think you're in silence, then you drop into Silence and then you realise what Silence is! And then after that you REALLY drop into Silence and realise you never had a clue and never will :P

• Like 1

Who realizes? …and then… and then?

This is fine, really~ but are there so many silences, fluidity?

NO ONE REALIZES THERE IS NO CLUE.

THERE IS NO CLUE.

THERE IS NO ONE.

I recall talking with a friend who mentioned meditating to 'forget' (similiar to Zhuangzi's idea of 'sitting and forgetting').

I basically thought: Why not simply forget to forget instead of spending 10 years in seeking some form of silence... which one cannot seem to forget.

Deci: How much of this is fate/destiny vs practice?

I once thought it was all practice/dedication/commitment, etc... and found a disillusionment in the chase/seeking... and instead found it was not about my doing as much as what is already done/destined.

Sinking into it is finding out what happened in the end, which is just finding out one's destiny in terms of perpetual arrival moment to moment. When I ask myself when this begins, how can I answer? Ultimately there is no thing, temporally there are endless transformations. Practice for me is going along with situations without any ideas pertaining to speculative outcomes which can only serve to perpetuate the circumstantial temporal identity~ and that ain't practice!

In essence, when one's practice is just this, one's destiny is up to one's self alone because there is nothing outside of oneself.

Outside of open sincerity, I couldn't say what practice is other than seeing reality as is without projecting psychological interpretations of picking and choosing.

• Like 2

Sinking into it is finding out what happened in the end, which is just finding out one's destiny in terms of perpetual arrival moment to moment. When I ask myself when this begins, how can I answer? Ultimately there is no thing, temporally there are endless transformations. Practice for me is going along with situations without any ideas pertaining to speculative outcomes which can only serve to perpetuate the circumstantial temporal identity~ and that ain't practice!

Sinking and going along... this sums it up for me.

Liezi said it somewhat similarly:

Hence there is perpetual alternation in what constitutes be timing and end, and the underlying Truth is that there is neither any beginning nor any end at all.

• Like 3

If you look outside at the infinitude of what is going on, there is a tremendous potential to shit bricks of all kinds. When you look at reality pixel by pixel it is manifestly clear that every which way is a possible way. This scares me.

Yet likewise this is sure cause for safety. You are safe, because no human can fathom even the pixels that compose their own. Those who plan, can plan but they too are subject to Murphy's law, the very originators of Murphy's law.

You are safe, because of Love. Love is ever-abiding. Many a time I have felt the entire fabric of my Beingness on the verge of ripping apart. A few of those times it even has. Even during all of these occasions, Love has held everything together. Love transcends all our fears, because it knows what we do not know, it knots what we do now, it knows what we do knot know that we do not know. Love abides. Whether it is a panic-filled hurry or a serene sip of tea, the leaves of the trees sway so and so, undisturbed, unperturbed. Even as every day is a new day, there is nothing new under the Sun. Yet it is new, always, such is Love.

There aren't that many silences, just Silence-ing and speaking. A friend calls it the 'atmasphere' because the prevailing speech is no-talk, but no-talk is the perpetual flow of language, interrupted by talk!

Remove every appearance and you may see that we are each walking in an empty Void to our deathbeds. It's a bizarre observation to say the least.

Fluidity.... your honest expression of your awareness is a very positive trait... but me thinks your awareness is of walking a terrifying abyss called living-dying...

Maybe Deci can write about the [negative] awareness of walking such an abyss :)

Oh... that is what Deci's posts tends to be about ;)

Keep going Deci :D

Fluidity, you are making way too much sense here. Reality has no such basis in logic. I would like to see you eventually, over a long period of time, shed these trappings of what passes for reason in terms of recreational philosophy.❤

Complete Reality has nothing to do with philosophy. I can tell by your choice of words that you have no basis to discuss the nature of reality of adepts, buddhas, saints and sages. Really. This is not a matter of intellect. When you don't think, you can be close. Until then, I cannot talk to you. You need to study the authentic ancient classics of the world's great traditions for many years. Please start soon.

The reason mr marbles approves of your views is because it suits his pastime which has nothing to do with the subtle function of enlightening being. He needs fresh energy to carry on his pastime here. We don't do that here on my threads. Know that your approach is essentially off-topic. I have over four years of threads for you to delve into, if you care to familiarize yourself with the nature of what to expect from me and what I expect of you.

I only discuss seeing your nature, or the true self which is already enlightened mind. This is simply not a subject for the average person to take up. Marblehead cannot take this up as it is beyond his ken to do so. This is neither good nor bad. It is simply a fact.

If you want to talk philosophy, this is not the place for it. Do hang out with Marblehead's crowd …your style is welcome there.

Not that it will help, but if you persist, I will notify the moderators that I consider the manner of your posts on this thread off-topic and disruptive.

ed note: typo in 3rd paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

There is a strategy left behind by prior illuminates that a bum helped me bring up in a PM. It shares the same terminology as the system of ranks as developed in aspects of Chan, but its application is unique in terms of Complete Reality taoist practice. It is called setting up the other as host and taking the self as the guest.

I will start another thread called Host and Guest.

A need to resolve this love of sinking...

In this love, I exist and relish and perish.

Sinking until settled.

Constant dropping away.

Sloughing off.

Unused.

muddiest water

undisturbed by the process

rests in clarity

edit: word swap

Edited by silent thunder

Sign in to follow this