Sign in to follow this  
niveQ

Ghee.

I stayed in northglenn, Colorado for two weeks. I got back home a week ago. It was a huge growing experience. :)

While there, I visited an Indian supermarket where I met one of the friendliest people I have ever met. He is a retired dietitian and now runs his supermarket. In my opinion, he is changing the world.

He told me what to eat and how to eat it. He gave me free food. Also bought some stuff, including ghee. He told me to not use olive oil and use ghee instead. He said when under high temperature, olive oil is not healthy. He explained why and I don't quite remember.

He told me that the only way to get the full benefits from spices and other nutritious foods is to cook them in ghee.

I believe he told me to boil vegetables first, while cooking spices in ghee, then mix the two together. I don't remember if that is the correct procedure, though.

What should I know about ghee? I read up on it and found that it should obviously be eaten in moderation, but, you can also apply it to joints.

What is the best way to mix this with vegetables? What about quinoa? Is it a good idea to mix with eggs? Can one make an omelette with it (I eat eggs now)?

This man was different than many others that I have met. Well, many were out in Colorado. Everyone was supportive of each other. Art and culture was everywhere. I felt as if. As somehow actually from there.

He also gave me some split moong beans.

• Like 4

Eat good food=Awesome medicine in my world.

My friend, would ghee constitute as good food? I have read semi-conflicting reports.

Seems every culture throughout history have recognized value in fats, including animal fats -- and especially clarified ones. Now we do unnatural things to fats (research the homogenization process, for instance, or artificially hydrogenating vegetable oils) or make them predominant in our diets and then claim they are "bad." In the meantime, we build a "food pyramid" (guess they've stopped calling it that now, right?) based on things our bodies aren't even equipped to handle without extensive processing and we claim they are "healthy."

• Like 1

i have plenty of ghee here, but i never eat it

i dont like its smell, i think its a evil eye effect from someone because in my childhood i used to eat a lot of ghee

in india mostly people use ghee on Chapatis

and i have also read that ghee also somehow helps in making energy flow better in energy channels

"Can one make an omelette with it (I eat eggs now)?"

Yes, this is my preferred way of cooking eggs. I eat day old instead of month old eggs which also makes a difference.

• Like 4

"Can one make an omelette with it (I eat eggs now)?"

Yes, this is my preferred way of cooking eggs. I eat day old instead of month old eggs which also makes a difference.

Sure thing. I loved ghee.

I use coconut oil now for cooking instead of ghee, but that is only due to my wife's extreme sensitivity to any dairy.

Sign in to follow this