Sign in to follow this  
deci belle

The potential for enlightenment

Without the kind of independence which eschews social cliques promulgating otherness, or reactive, stream-of-consciousness associations (which are essentially imitative in nature), there is no possibility for an individual to be free from these psychological and social attachments which they fear casting off from.

If people have not yet seen what isn't them in terms of the absolute …all their howling isn't going to help them at the moment the matter of birth and death is sitting on their chest.

Unless you people can be independent in the absolute sense, DON'T KNOCK IT.

• Like 3

Without the kind of independence which eschews social cliques promulgating otherness, or reactive, stream-of-consciousness associations (which are essentially imitative in nature), there is no possibility for an individual to be free from these psychological and social attachments which they fear casting off from.

If people have not yet seen what isn't them in terms of the absolute …all their howling isn't going to help them at the moment the matter of birth and death is sitting on their chest.

Unless you people can be independent in the absolute sense, DON'T KNOCK IT.

Oh, I thought you was telling a Joke, I found it pretty funny.

What was the first thing you did when you realized that desi belle?

;)

• Like 1

Maybe one has to stop being a people.

Some already have, I think.

Oh, I thought you was telling a Joke, I found it pretty funny.

So did I.

gah.

Edited by skydog

everyone has functional selves, even so called "enlightened people" whatever that means

Desi likes to mislead people, to put herself on a pedestal and suck other peoples energy.

Enlightenment means being filled with shen, a golden light body.

Self denial is not the only way one can achieve this.

Many "enlightened people" no such thing really do not advocate self denial

and there are many levels of this.

She says she has attained enlightenment "who is this I?" is she going to say this I didnt exist, that she didnt write that thread.

Its just misleading people.

Reminds me of osho.

• Like 1

everyone has functional selves, even so called "enlightened people" whatever that means

Desi likes to mislead people, to put herself on a pedestal and suck other peoples energy.

Enlightenment means being filled with shen, a golden light body.

Self denial is not the only way one can achieve this.

Many "enlightened people" no such thing really do not advocate self denial

and there are many levels of this.

She says she has attained enlightenment "who is this I?" is she going to say this I didnt exist, that she didnt write that thread.

Its just misleading people.

Reminds me of osho.

gah.

A Bodhisattva and Buddha have hypothetical selves so that they can interact with people who haven't reached the point of

damn, and here i was thinking that they were just regular people like everyone else

guess i'm not egliginmentid yet

• Like 1

gah.

Zazen the instructions are just sit.

Taoism is about harmony and balance of opposites.

Native Americans talk about Inner silence

Telling people they dont exist, and they are fools etc etc is really starting to irritate me.

• Like 2

She's talking about anatta:

In Buddhism, the term anattā (Pāli) or anātman (Sanskrit: अनात्मन्) refers to the notion of "not-self" or the illusion of "self". In the early texts, the Buddha commonly uses the word in the context of teaching that all things perceived by the senses (including the mental sense) are not really "I" or "mine", and for this reason one should not cling to them.

I think if you say you can't be without self then how could there ever be a selfless act?

There is a shift in perspective there if you see it, rather than try to understand it. Self is what you cling things to and own things with, and yes, I agree that it is nearly impossible to be both functional and selfless in this day and age (imo).

But if she did it, then good for her!

Telling people they are fools

i've come to the conclusion being a fool is about the only value i have as a person, so i try to embrace that and transcend all the seriousness

• Like 1

I mean there is still an I as a reference point, but you don't consider things as yours or belonging to you, ultimately, and how can atoms really own atoms, what is doing the owning?

(Only an Idea is owning)

A change in perspective isn't really enlightenment, impo.

It is the Golden Rule, and allows you to consider other perspective besides a personal one, generally.

Check out Kant's Universal Maxims if you want a philosophical take on the Golden Rule.

Edited by Dagon

There is a big difference between philosophical enlightenment and energetic enlightenment.

Edited by skydog

Also there are infinite levels of energetic enlightenment

The theories of non existent enlightenment are almost a hoax/myth.

The idea that thoughts, actions are meaningless etc is innaccurate. There is a book called Buddhahood without meditation. It is more of an energy thing.

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

Haha enlightenment is the flip of the hand says Hsuan Hua. What I would say, investigate it. I'm merely replying from my own false thoughts haha.

How do you know?

Read the Shurangama Sutra and it'll make sense. Most people don't even know what they're talking about and are making concepts from their discriminating mind. At least reading the Shurangama Sutra gives you something to work with.

Im not confused here, I dont need to read anything, I am sharing my view on the whole "non existence philsophy" and its ability to attain energetic enlightenment.

Edited by skydog

i would rather not read any ridiculously long (buddhist i think?) texts that essentially repeat themselves a billion times with a few gems of knowledge sandwiched in between all the pointless fluff

• Like 3

I see that the bullshit has come out of the crack(s) of the serial speculators who have never seen their nature.

Actually, there is no person in substance or in function. But none of you can fathom that perspective.

This is why seething speculators such as yourselves can do nothing but fuck up your own threads with endless drivel. Parasites.

ed note: change "fact or in the actuality" to "substance or in function" in penultimate line

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

I see that the bullshit has come out of the crack(s) of the serial speculators who have never seen their nature.

have YOU seen MY nature? i don't like this cliche but i feel like it applies here:

You don't know me.

Just like i don't know you.

Allow me to introduce myself, and possibly my "nature":

i am the guy that sees someone being super serious and intense, i see that as a flaw - energetic tension. i do what i can to correct what i see as a drastic character flaw that you have, "hyper seriousness" and try to bring some humor to the situation

this is me, and my path :wub: Maybe try thinking about why you take so much issue with people being themselves, and i will think about why i see your type of attitude as a character flaw. We -both- have a lot of thinking to do.

until you can laugh at yourself, expect me to show up in all of your threads and try to lighten the mood with my laughter

• Like 4