roger

every choice counts

If you're having trouble with your willingness to come from your integrity or to consistently make loving choices, try seeing EVERY choice you make as having supreme importance.

I thought of this today when I was tempted to complain about an employee at a restaurant I went to.

I realized that everything I do MATTERS, and so I decided not to complain.

• Like 7

from smallest to largest

ripples flow ever

outward

and

inward

from intention

both from one

one in all

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

how do you decide that you know what is the loving choice.

what if the loving choice was to speak your truth and complain, so that truth coud be perceived and improvement made, and how loving it would be, if your complaint meant that other people didnt have to complain in future.

I think as long as there is no hatred feeling but more of a concerned compassionate feeling, instead of "complaining", one could nicely critique, when one feels hatred/ complain, it generates negative energy

Edited by becomethepath

In my experience, the place where the important distinction is made is not what choice to make, or act vs not act , good vs bad choices etc.

Choice is an explanation of what has allready happened. Before you act, there is no choosing. After the fact, what happened is what happened. How do we know if there is a causal link between an action and our choosing?

I have no clue as to when I am acting from the truth, or when I am just trying to be good, or when I know I am being an ass.

Sometimes, the right thing feels contrived and forced. Other times, it takes tremedous effort not to be a victim of your darker impulses.

But does every choice matter? What if we have allready chosen long before any alternative presents itself. I often feel that from a grander perspective, no choice we make matters at all, as it is such a tapestry of all the other choices that is co-creating every second of existence.

h

• Like 1

Cat,

My opinion is that you already know in your HEART.

It goes back to honesty. Do you honestly want to do what's right?

Deep within, in our hearts, we already know. We need to be utterly honest with ourselves.

• Like 1

"every choice matters" and "no choices matter" seem like two sides of the same coin. imo, "only some choices matter" is where the energetic tension lies

I have no problem with making choices. Afterall, I think I can say that I am the supreme supporter of choices and free will on this board. (At least I think I talk about it the most. Hehehe.)

The only way I know of to get beyond the aversion of making choices is to get beyond the concepts of success and failure. If you're not perfect yet you are going to make mistakes. But if you make a mistake because of your own choice at least you have had a learning experience. If you make a mistake because someone else told you what to do then you will still take the blame. No blame, no shame.

the choice that makes me feel strong, keeps my heart open, my channels open is the one I make, the one that is right according to my higher self and intuition.

Sometimes my intuition tells me something after I do it, but If I do something from a place of love even rebellion/complaining it is usually the right thing, whereas something done from fear/hate is usually wrong, one can still make boundaries etc with an open heart.

This is my understanding.

• Like 1

by mindfully making each and every choice count, we give inertia to the idea that every choice counts, and thus the ripples of intent sent out into the universe will reflect back more thoroughly, coherently, with that mindful intent by which they were sent out. it accepts more fully that the universe's reactions to our intents comes back to us via events and not some fluke of quantum decoherence by which the probabilities manifest - each and every choice is "creating conditions."

wrt those who think no choice matters...he who does not apply his rudder and engine to the water, becomes pushed around by the waves. unless you're ok with going wherever the waves push you, of course.

• Like 1

I'd say the best beginning is to be aware that every choice counts. That's a huge start. Then start working on making sure each choice is the correct choice...But it all starts with awareness, and intentions do matter.

• Like 1

I sometimes forget to live by this very simple yet important philosophy. You never know how the little things you do might effect the future!

• Like 1