roger

a very powerful affirmation

For anyone who wants to easily increase awareness and become more deeply aware of unconscious and superconscious data, I recommend the following VERY powerful affirmation:

I am aware.

Try it!

• Like 3

Btw what should I call you? Marblehead?

Marblehead will be fine. Some members have tried to make it sound nicer than it does at face value but it's just another one of those labels that have no value of their own.

(Or, if you want to reduce the amount of your typing MH will work too.)

Edited by Marblehead

lol. i don't do mantras with "I" in them anymore

esb_dagobah.jpg?w=396

And that is why you fail.

Edited by rene
  • Like 1

how can i fail if i don't set any expectations or goals? :lol:

I do something similar with respect to others - if I don't expect anything from anyone, I'll never be disappointed...

• Like 2

Along the line of Steve's and using other "a" words, I like: Accept and Allow. It breaks down boundaries or limitations which seek to define an "I" (nod/bow to Rene).

I do something similar with respect to others - if I don't expect anything from anyone, I'll never be disappointed...

I honestly do try this but I'm not very successful at it.

"Demand much of yourself and expect little of others. Thus you will be spared much vexation."

Confucius

Edited by Chang

lol. i don't do mantras with "I" in them anymore

When I tried to adopt this I became demotivated :( I was so carefree that I just stopped doing things...

What is the 'I' referring to?

You're limiting awareness by processing it through a preconceived conceptual framework. Explore the possibility that awareness happens with no 'me' owning it.

Try 'awareness illuminates'. B)

What is the 'I' referring to?

You're limiting awareness by processing it through a preconceived conceptual framework. Explore the possibility that awareness happens with no 'me' owning it.

Try 'awareness illuminates'. B)

Hmmm, I think I understand.

I need to stop saying I at this point lol

When I tried to adopt this I became demotivated :( I was so carefree that I just stopped doing things...

Well, I think that this could not be considered something bad or negative. But, if there are things that need be done then they should be done. That too is Wu Wei.

Cat,

I think it depends on your intention. Do you HONESTLY WANT to be aware?

We will manifest our true desire, always. When you repeat the affirmation, you have to mean it.

I agree you can repeat this affirmation all day long, but unless you're sincere, it might only end up hurting you.

• Like 2

Well, I think that this could not be considered something bad or negative. But, if there are things that need be done then they should be done. That too is Wu Wei.

Well that's just it. What DOES need to be done?

Say for example I have an ambition to "become something in life" ... I dunno, say I'm Bruce Lee at this point. What if I then start to take "I" out of my affirmations. Will I still become a worldwide martial arts, action film hit?

Well that's just it. What DOES need to be done?

Say for example I have an ambition to "become something in life" ... I dunno, say I'm Bruce Lee at this point. What if I then start to take "I" out of my affirmations. Will I still become a worldwide martial arts, action film hit?

Hehehe. I can't answer your personal questions. We each must decide "what needs be done" regarding our own life.

I think that the best we can do is to be aware of our inner desires. Yes, our true inner desires. "What do I want this life of mine to represent after I am gone?"

When and if we find the answer to this question we will know what needs be done.

Hehehe. I can't answer your personal questions. We each must decide "what needs be done" regarding our own life.

I think that the best we can do is to be aware of our inner desires. Yes, our true inner desires. "What do I want this life of mine to represent after I am gone?"

When and if we find the answer to this question we will know what needs be done.

Sounds quite contradictory doesn't it?

So you see how deleting "I" from the equation can lead to such confusion? This is a bit like the existence vs non-existence debate in the other thread hehe.

Surely if we are aware that "I" can be used in the context of perception, it's can't be too harmful? So far, I understand not using it as it relates to the ego, but surely once we have this firmly understood, we should go back to using "I". Otherwise, how am "I" going to help anyone else?

MINDF***!!

• Like 1

Do you HONESTLY WANT to be aware?

Yes, I do. Roger, do you think there are many degrees of awareness.. or a wide spectrum of awareness, so that this affirmation is a one size fits all that opens a person to the degree they are ready for ... over and over again... all the way to... where...

Well, God says in one of Neale Donald Walsch's books that we can be aware, we can be aware that we're aware, we can be aware that we're aware that we're aware, and we can be aware that we're aware that we're aware that we're aware.

The final level is what he calls the "unobserved observer."

I think one could just repeat "I am aware," and as you said, move to the next level.......or, you could repeat, "I am aware that I am aware," "I am aware that I am aware that I am aware," and so on.

I've tried this and in my experience it works well.