KenBrace

What would it feel like to tear the lower dan tien?

I disagree - Qi is not muscle, Qi is not physical stuff, Qi is not even energy as the word is usually understood in English.

Qi isn't something that can be restrained or restricted, it can't be contained.

You are comparing apples to oranges...

Qi is much closer to you than you think, it is inextricably related to awareness and sensitivity.

Daoist cultivation (and Buddhist, for that matter) is ultimately more about letting go than adding on.

Every atom in your body already has the energy of the sun within it.

It is always already there. It is more about connecting with and learning to manifest what is always, and has always been, already there.

Energy is not a good English translation of the characters for Qi (氣, 炁) in my opinion, that is one reason why Qi is so misunderstood.

It conjures up too many expectations and preconceptions for the English speaker.

I really like the Tibetan word lung (sounds like loong), which means wind.

It's also very instructive to keep in mind that the commonly used character, 氣, is also the character for breath or air.

The other, more archaic character, 炁, is only found in old Daoist charms and writings but refers to the subtle "energy" or life force that is distinct from air or breath, so the concepts are not equivalent but they are closely related.

Anyway, all this is just my opinion and I acknowledge that most folks will disagree.

I just like to hear myself lecture sometimes...

:D

Sorry for that.

Be careful with the Mo Pai methods if you don't have an experienced teacher.

Good luck with your practice.

Thanks! While I still disagree, I respect your opinion. Anyway good luck on your own path. :)

I haven't experienced the ability to 'pack energy' into any dt.

I don't get the sense that I am a bucket or a battery that can be full or empty.

I have the very definite sense that I am a series of hoses and channels through which energy flows.

Constriction and blockage are the issues to be opened and cleansed.

For me there is no full or empty, only varying degrees of open.

I don't get the sense that I am a bucket or a battery that can be full or empty.

I have the very definite sense that I am a series of hoses and channels through which energy flows.

Cleaning and opening your energy channels is important but it won't do much more than make you healthy, stable, etc.

Did you practice any kind of Chi Kung (功) at all......????

Most people dont understand what that "packing the energy" is doing and the harmful effects. Id say your view will keep you out of trouble and healthy. Packing is a sickness

What makes you think packing yang chi into the LDT is harmful?

Ummm...

Maybe this?

"It's completely safe as long as you have a valid training system and you obey the warning rules."

Logic suggests that it is therefore not completely safe unless you have a valid training system and you obey the warning rules, correct?

Edited by A Seeker

Ummm...

Maybe this?

"It's completely safe as long as you have a valid training system and you obey the warning rules."

Logic suggests that it is therefore not completely safe unless you have a valid training system and you obey the warning rules, correct?

This didn't seem to be what MooNiNight was suggesting. Pretty much any chi training can cause bad effects if the techniques are incorrect. Cultivating chi in the LDT is no different than anything else.

What makes you think packing yang chi into the LDT is harmful

Tearing tissues and nerve fibers...yes, I have heard that about chi packing in the ldt. The nice quality about safe/safer systems is that there is often an "auto" protection built in.

Personally, with a system that involved forced and long term chi packing, I'd be more worried about tearing my sanity.

Best to you in your practices, Ken.

This:

I'd be more worried about tearing my sanity.

You can also irreversibly damage your physical health, cause impotence, or end up dead, by doing certain qigong methods without close supervision. If you are young (and not truly aware of your own mortality) and healthy, it is easy to be blase about such things. When things go wrong though you will understand the meaning of terror.

And yes, Ken, I have met John Chang, in Indonesia had dinner at his home, have been tested by him, (when he visited Greece and also in Indonesia), consider myself to be the very fortunate friend of the author of 'The Magus of Java' and 'Neikung' (which I got to read before publication) and can be found in the acknowledgements of his latest book on Pammachon. So you could say I know something about the Mo Pai. On top of that I have studied Neigong with a Chinese master who can 'light you up' at a distance, amongst other things.

In short, unlike yourself, I'm not speculating on such things. I know, from experience, what I am talking about. The Mo Pai is a dead-end for non-Chinese students and you are wasting your time. If you want to learn neigong, then find a teacher and method that is accessible.

What to do then? Different practices work for different people, so I will offer several suggestions.

I've made clear in the past my high regard for Stillness Movement neigong, which is a high level energetic, and therefore spiritual, system.

You could look at the Longmen Pai training being offered by Wang Liping and his disciples. Longmen Pai neigong is also taught by disciples of the late Wang Peisheng.

If you absolutely, positively, must learn how to 'zap' someone, then perhaps Cimande pencak silat ( Santiago Dobles learned the internal work of Cimande and teaches KAP energy work as well ) or Bagua (http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/bagua/machuanxu.html). The Sufi spiritual practices, which are part of Cimande silat, are exceptionally deep.

P.S. PM's or questions about the Mo Pai from anyone will be ignored and/or deleted. I stated years back I don't want to discuss the school or my experiences. I have only good wishes towards the Mo Pai and respect the school's desire to be left alone in peace.

• Like 4

This:

You can also irreversibly damage your physical health, cause impotence, or end up dead, by doing certain qigong methods without close supervision. If you are young (and not truly aware of your own mortality) and healthy, it is easy to be blase about such things. When things go wrong though you will understand the meaning of terror.

And yes, Ken, I have met John Chang, in Indonesia had dinner at his home, have been tested by him, (when he visited Greece and also in Indonesia), consider myself to be the very fortunate friend of the author of 'The Magus of Java' and 'Neikung' (which I got to read before publication) and can be found in the acknowledgements of his latest book on Pammachon. So you could say I know something about the Mo Pai. On top of that I have studied Neigong with a Chinese master who can 'light you up' at a distance, amongst other things.

In short, unlike yourself, I'm not speculating on such things. I know, from experience, what I am talking about. The Mo Pai is a dead-end for non-Chinese students and you are wasting your time. If you want to learn neigong, then find a teacher and method that is accessible.

What to do then? Different practices work for different people, so I will offer several suggestions.

I've made clear in the past my high regard for Stillness Movement neigong, which is a high level energetic, and therefore spiritual, system.

You could look at the Longmen Pai training being offered by Wang Liping and his disciples. Longmen Pai neigong is also taught by disciples of the late Wang Peisheng.

If you absolutely, positively, must learn how to 'zap' someone, then perhaps Cimande pencak silat ( Santiago Dobles learned the internal work of Cimande and teaches KAP energy work as well ) or Bagua (http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/bagua/machuanxu.html). The Sufi spiritual practices, which are part of Cimande silat, are exceptionally deep.

P.S. PM's or questions about the Mo Pai from anyone will be ignored and/or deleted. I stated years back I don't want to discuss the school or my experiences. I have only good wishes towards the Mo Pai and respect the school's desire to be left alone in peace.

I understand that Mo Pai is most likely a dead end, but the first two levels are common to many nei kung systems. I'm only forced to make a decision once I complete these levels. In a way, when practicing the first two Mo Pai levels, you are practicing several systems at a time.