Just went to a back to school party my Frat was putting on last night. The theme was school girls and professors, all the guys were in shirt, and ties and the girls were wearing those short school girl skirts with there favorite push up bras on, it was a pretty fun and kinky party, we drank a lot, played beer pong, took shots of goose, had lots of guy talk with my bros, danced and flirted with some school girls as well.....its probably the last place you think you might find a practitioner.

But still it was all groovy, shield yourself, pace yourself in drinking and be conscious of your body......and perhaps the most important things is to not pass judgement on others because they aren't on the path....the only way I have been able to keep my friends of which none cultivate is that I never pass judgement (or I atleast try my best), everyone's at a different place in their development as a human being.

Either way, after practicing internal alchemy for awhile, your friends and environment will start to shift on its own....often quite subtlety.....and it will become apparent that its not what is "Good" or "Bad" but what is most conducive to your practice, raising of your energy and what currently reflects the state of your microcosm....and at the end of the day what makes you feel "lighter", what makes you feel "heavier" and like shit, and what kind of experiences you want to have while your hanging out on this plain. Best of luck to you, I hope this was in some way helpful.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Thanks OldChi! Yes the general intention was to be a part of a collective and accept them for who they are. I still managed to train most mornings so I guess the main issue was that I let the guard down when partying and temporarily ended up on the destructive path.

So perhaps I can still party and not fear alienating myself...but moreso, control myself! Will power and all that....

• Like 1

My dad was schizophrenic, jumped off a building. I've done a lot of drugs like him mostly hallucinogens including 15 years of weed smoking (which I don't want to do anymore so I don't), and I'm not schizophrenic then again I don't talk to western doctors / pretend Christians who do so out of fear. Not that I am better, there's plenty of better people than I, I just don't pretend. Am I strange, most probably. Which is fine with me, considering how "not strange" people act. Weed is also a strange thing, it cannot be classified. It's not a stimulant, depressant, or psychedelic. Some sort of combination, depending on the person and on the moment. It makes one of my friends energetic and talkative. It usually makes me quiet and lazy and subject to fear.

Deep meditation no matter the technique, that will make you "schizophrenic". Open up your third eye (or your third ear) or your second body, become psychic, etc. see / hear / experience all of the spirits (good bad and neutral) that are living around us and sometimes IN us tell your doctor, get medicated. All of those things can happen on accident without meditation (and is common in young children, seeing ghosts). So if you are afraid, if I were you I'd just never meditate. But you're going to have to face it sometime (death).

Shamans / healers / various people have been using psychedelic drugs for thousands of years.

Personally I intend to take some salvia when I end up somewhere it is legal again, soon. She's a very nice and wise being, if you respect her...or maybe if she just happens to like you. I've asked her to take me back before, and she willingly did so. One moment in a jungle, next moment back in my room. Which no other substance has allowed me to do. The plant appeared out of nowhere a few hundred years ago, the natives said it was a reincarnation of the Virgin Mary. Originally growing only in one location on the planet. Doesn't reproduce, only replicates itself. Doesn't affect your brain like any other drug. Very much an individual being / entity, unlike any drug I've taken. It is extremely powerful though, not to be abused or taken lightly. People who don't know what they are doing, who have no respect or knowledge, have taken it and committed suicide immediately afterwards so yeah...not for the faint of heart. I'm not sure I can recommend it to anyone.

Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the soul killer. That and excessive anger / sadness.

Just wait til you die and you no longer have a seemingly fixed and solid reality to call home, just remember what you believe is what is real. The spiritual plane(s) (and your yin spirit body, and everything's spirit) are much more easily affected / transformed by your consciousness. All of it illusion until you are unified with everything, both being and non being. Nothing at all keeping you from "that" except yourself and all of the information and misleading you've been subjected to and still believe. Doesn't matter who you are or what you do or what you've done, you're one with the universe if you can forget yourself. If you can let go of everything, including love. Which I cannot do, I love this planet and these people so much I can't let it go. I must help if I can, even though everything I'm working towards will be made meaningless.

You already are one with the universe, so am I, and that's why there is such a thing as karmic law. Now until that point, what you do does matter. And treating yourself like **** will make you feel like ****. Too much smoking that's bad for your lungs. Too much alcohol bad for your liver. Too much other toxins bad for your kidneys and whatever else.

Probably would be best if I didn't talk a lot of **** in my current state of low awareness. I'm sure I'll get some negativity for all this unacceptable by most information spreading. Oh well.

Edited by DeadDragon
  • Like 1

My dad was schizophrenic, jumped off a building. I've done a lot of drugs like him mostly hallucinogens including 15 years of weed smoking (which I don't want to do anymore so I don't), and I'm not schizophrenic then again I don't talk to western doctors / pretend Christians who do so out of fear. Not that I am better, there's plenty of better people than I, I just don't pretend. Am I strange, most probably. Which is fine with me, considering how "not strange" people act. Weed is also a strange thing, it cannot be classified. It's not a stimulant, depressant, or psychedelic. Some sort of combination, depending on the person and on the moment. It makes one of my friends energetic and talkative. It usually makes me quiet and lazy and subject to fear.

Deep meditation no matter the technique, that will make you "schizophrenic". Open up your third eye (or your third ear) or your second body, become psychic, etc. see / hear / experience all of the spirits (good bad and neutral) that are living around us and sometimes IN us tell your doctor, get medicated. All of those things can happen on accident without meditation (and is common in young children, seeing ghosts). So if you are afraid, if I were you I'd just never meditate. But you're going to have to face it sometime (death).

Shamans / healers / various people have been using psychedelic drugs for thousands of years.

Personally I intend to take some salvia when I end up somewhere it is legal again, soon. She's a very nice and wise being, if you respect her...or maybe if she just happens to like you. I've asked her to take me back before, and she willingly did so. One moment in a jungle, next moment back in my room. Which no other substance has allowed me to do. The plant appeared out of nowhere a few hundred years ago, the natives said it was a reincarnation of the Virgin Mary. Originally growing only in one location on the planet. Doesn't reproduce, only replicates itself. Doesn't affect your brain like any other drug. Very much an individual being / entity, unlike any drug I've taken. It is extremely powerful though, not to be abused or taken lightly. People who don't know what they are doing, who have no respect or knowledge, have taken it and committed suicide immediately afterwards so yeah...not for the faint of heart. I'm not sure I can recommend it to anyone.

Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the soul killer. That and excessive anger / sadness.

Just wait til you die and you no longer have a seemingly fixed and solid reality to call home, just remember what you believe is what is real. The spiritual plane(s) (and your yin spirit body, and everything's spirit) are much more easily affected / transformed by your consciousness. All of it illusion until you are unified with everything, both being and non being. Nothing at all keeping you from "that" except yourself and all of the information and misleading you've been subjected to and still believe. Doesn't matter who you are or what you do or what you've done, you're one with the universe if you can forget yourself. If you can let go of everything, including love. Which I cannot do, I love this planet and these people so much I can't let it go. I must help if I can, even though everything I'm working towards will be made meaningless.

You already are one with the universe, so am I, and that's why there is such a thing as karmic law. Now until that point, what you do does matter. And treating yourself like **** will make you feel like ****. Too much smoking that's bad for your lungs. Too much alcohol bad for your liver. Too much other toxins bad for your kidneys and whatever else.

Probably would be best if I didn't talk a lot of **** in my current state of low awareness. I'm sure I'll get some negativity for all this unacceptable by most information spreading. Oh well.

First of all, sorry to hear about your father. But your open mind towards marijuana certainly shows that you have given this a lot of thought, and you echo many things in my mind anyway. So no, you won't get any heat off me anyway. I'm about to agree with a lot of what you just said!

As far as taking western doctors' advice, well, I take it with a pinch of salt. Weed and mind problems became a great topic in the UK tabloids a few years back...and soon enough it went away. Like most things...nothing is REALLY a problem. Just scare mongering.

Why do I take it? Because when I began on with my entertainment career almost 10 years ago, I suddenly developed insomnia. No regular sleep patterns and a mind that was constantly wired. Even to this day, all I want to do is keep active...I had zero problem with motivation. The weed just reminds me that sleep is needed daily. Without it, I'd be crazy. I'd never sleep.

I've tried meditation to help but it still just keeps me awake because I'm still concentrating on something. Still motivating my mind somewhat. SO I meditate still only to train my focus and apply practically to every day life. Also, the benefits of chi breathing - a great way to stay wholly calm yet energetic.

You have also answered a question that I almost answered myself. YES the meditation makes us "schizophrenic" - because we are becoming aware of the mind - and what is that? Voices in the head! Anyone who denies this is in, er, well denial haha. Thank you for raising this!

Worry not, I have no fear. I've already been through my phase of fighting my demons over a year ago and I now know all as far as dealing with this all goes. Strangely enough, I can cope with the spiritual world better than this one at times...but hey, not freaked out by ghosts anyway!

Which exact Salvia are you referring to? It's a broad term...

Your words about Karmic Law also interest me. I am debating in another thread (or was) this, and "cause and effect". Writers of our own story, as opposed to some higher force dictating. AND vice versa....but this is too much to go into for now.

In relation to this thread topic though, that is just it. Simply do something if I want to, and don't if I don't! And find tactful ways to "not do" in order to maintain my friendships with close friends for the values that we still share in common.

Thank you for your response @DeadDragon - you're valuable to this forum :)

And thanks to everybody who has responded to this. All of your views have collectively helped me through he last few weeks. I hope to return the favour as and when!