got disconnected while typing it out, then lost the message...

long story short: tooltips pop up when you hover your cursor over links and such...

I'm getting random ads popping up at random when the cursor rests in whatever "just the right spot" is.

some ads are article-looking, and some are just a picture.

Is it possibly something on your computer? Is anyone else getting this? Which browser are you using?

In other words I haven't run into anything like that. But I do think one other person has made mention of something similar? (unless that was your report).

• Like 2

If it's not a virus, could be a browser toolbar - check that you don't have some new toolbars in your browser installed.

Is it possibly something on your computer? Is anyone else getting this? Which browser are you using?

In other words I haven't run into anything like that. But I do think one other person has made mention of something similar? (unless that was your report).

Yes it was, that was the first time it was blatantly obvious... there were other times before that but I wasn't paying as much attention... it's how I started noticing.

Im using IE, with absolutely no addons... no toolbars or anything.

But if no one else has had this problem, I might have a virus/trogan :(

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

lol I know its just me, and its gotta be IE related...

but this time I clicked "like" on one of protector's posts and it did not like his post. it took me away from the bums all together.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/z90/2d18be89bf5847683cd2533595066ce0index.html

sue whoever runs that site for nine hundred ninety nine nonillion pounds! :lol:
and give the money to me for the stress they caused me :lol:

Firefox or Chrome with adblock and ghostery ..... and a good anti-virus

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

i dont have this ad problem anywhere else on the entire internet. are you sure its just me?

Okay... so i guess it is happning on the tao uncut as well :lol: crap... it might be a virus after all... but i cant find anything -_- not that its my comp... lol

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Did you try the Spybot or AVG as suggested above? Or Malwarebytes free version. It's likely something easily detectable by most antivirus/antimalware programs.

• Like 1

I use Waterfox (64-bit version of Firefox) but at times I use UltraSurf (a proxy) while DLing stuff and it opens using IE. A few times, I've gotten annoying ads whilst using IE. And AVG sucks. Avast Pro 6 is entirely better and the most used by pir--- Um, professionals.

I use Waterfox (64-bit version of Firefox) but at times I use UltraSurf (a proxy) while DLing stuff and it opens using IE. A few times, I've gotten annoying ads whilst using IE. And AVG sucks. Avast Pro 6 is entirely better and the most used by pir--- Um, professionals.

Does Waterfox have the memory leak problem ... I used to use Firefox but it made my Macbook over heat ...

Does Waterfox have the memory leak problem ....

Not that I know of. I use a Toshiba w/ Waterfox and I've never used Firefox with Macbook cause I've heard of one guy's Pro crashed using it. I haven't had any issues with Waterfox except it takes like 2 minutes for it to start up. Firefox opens instantly though.

Not that I know of. I use a Toshiba w/ Waterfox and I've never used Firefox with Macbook cause I've heard of one guy's Pro crashed using it. I haven't had any issues with Waterfox except it takes like 2 minutes for it to start up. Firefox opens instantly though.

Just checked there's no Mac version :( ... I use Chrome but I don't really want to be a Googleslave.

• Like 1

2 minutes to load? Huh? Windows doesn't even take that long!

Well, it only takes about that much on start up. If I restart it, it loads up just fine. :closedeyes: I dislike Windows anyway. It's such a pane.

• Like 2

Just checked there's no Mac version :( ... I use Chrome but I don't really want to be a Googleslave.

Chrome lags terribly sometimes. I only use it to play game apps and stuff. :D

Firefox takes a few seconds to load...

Any reason it's better than firefox? I'm all curious now. Does the overall system run slower or faster? How is it at handling 30 tabs open at once?