Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

What is humble?

Thing is, that they would get smug about it , if they did.

Yin and Yang are relative

The natural state of a humanoid is to assert themselves , look at any young kids. They are totally egocentric , the world revolves around them , none are born meek , they have meekness thrust upon them .

Same goes for tiger cubs ( Ive played with some) they are very single minded , and a human is just another object in their sphere. ( still really cool though)

Edited by Stosh

My teacher used to say that children badly need to receive from others and the world to grow up. If children can receive what they need, they will sooner or later be able to realize that their desire is unlimited and that nothing/no one external can fulfil it completely.

Then they are able to give, they are able to look at the world/people without projecting on it/them the delusions coming from their wounds, and they are able to find freedom in themselves instead of believing that there is freedom and happiness when the world conforms to their desire.

Yes. My experience is that the more parents decide their children are little ego's demanding and manipulating with a sophistication that they dont posses, the more those children grow to resemble the projection.

reap what you sow, eh.

220px-RWS_Tarot_11_Justice.jpg

• Like 1

Be with your children like you would like them to be if their life was under your will.

Be listening, patient, caring, loving, always open to discussion, walking your talk etc...

Be with your children like you would like them to be if their life was under your will.

Be listening, patient, caring, loving, always open to discussion, walking your talk etc...

.... then run screaming into the back garden shouting 'what about ME! I have no time for ME anymore!'.

.... then run screaming into the back garden shouting 'what about ME! I have no time for ME anymore!'.

You have time when the children are sleeping and when they have their own activities. And it does last for a decade.

But eh, it's a real way to make the world a better place. it's a spiritual practice in its own right.

• Like 1

You have time when the children are sleeping and when they have their own activities. And it does last for a decade.

But eh, it's a real way to make the world a better place. it's a spiritual practice in its own right.

You are an inspiration (seriously) forgive my light heartedness ... I am in a frivolous mood.

This is totally innacurate. In the formation stages of an ego and sense of self one is not 'egocentric', that would be quite impossible, as one is only in a state of ego formation.

To be 'egocentric' is only possible once an ego has been formed.

The 'centric' that is a child is the same as any nurturing and growth pod. The centre is around growth of a nature which has a sense of self, as the child moves out of mergedness with the mother.

"Growthcentric" would be more accurate.

Many many children, and tots, are naturally timid in the face of the world and are not developing a sense of self that has ego strength.

Ok maybe

natural

Edited by skydog

I'm not totally sure what "humble" is, but I'll tell you one thing that's for sure:

Only people who feel GOOD about themselves can be humble. Arrogance and negative pride are traits of people who are insecure.

• Like 3

Grace is the secret ingredient to spiritual development, that elusive requirement that gets you over seemingly impassable boundaries on your path. That credit that flows from Above, unearned, to speed you on your way.

When you fully experience that Grace, and know deeply that it comes not of your own accord or accomplishment, then you will know humility, then you will truly be humble. That's how your ego becomes transmuted and that's how you approach Wu Wei.

Or maybe I'm misinformed, but I oh so love to muse!

I feel as if humblity in the sense of "trying to be humble," or even thinking to myself "I'm pretty humble" is in itself not humble. Therefore, I would only use the word to describe people who have less of an ego than the norm.

Sign in to follow this