SonOfTheGods

Effective Scrying 101

This is a good bridge between both subforums.

Pack yourself well with Qi. Circulate well.

Close your eyes, and move it into middle of your head.

When you feel the optic nerve pulse, the lights begin to twinkle.

The haze you see when you scry with soft eyes, is the progenitor to this.

At this point, mentally affirm where/what you want to see, or if you are using a sigil, light it up - trace it with light in your mind's eye.

A good tool is to keep a tape recorder, recording next to you. When you speak softly, it serves as an artifical witness/scribe.

• Like 1

This is a good bridge between both subforums.

Pack yourself well with Qi. Circulate well.

Close your eyes, and move it into middle of your head.

When you feel the optic nerve pulse, the lights begin to twinkle.

The haze you see when you scry with soft eyes, is the progenitor to this.

At this point, mentally affirm where/what you want to see, or if you are using a sigil, light it up - trace it with light in your mind's eye.

A good tool is to keep a tape recorder, recording next to you. When you speak softly, it serves as an artifical witness/scribe.

I knew I should have avoided the Magick forum :)

Is when you disappear in the mirror the same thing as scrying? Indeed this probably is better in the occult section, you can request to move it if you so desire.

My 2 cents, Peace

Is when you disappear in the mirror the same thing as scrying?

Yes, then the vision comes.

Sometimes, facial distortion method is used, when your face appears to shapeshift, etc

• Like 1

Yes, then the vision comes.

Sometimes, facial distortion method is used, when your face appears to shapeshift, etc

K cool, thanks for the confirmation. Why do people use all these black mirrors and stuff then?

My 2 cents, Peace

Black mirrors are good focus tools for the beginner. I have several I made, one out of a round glass table top. They are are useful for when more than one person is scrying also.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Not something I ever got around to trying...go over to sonofthegods.com and search/ask, there'll be stuff there about it ;)  

10 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Bump!

Scrying has always fascinated me. Anyone got any info to add to this topic? 

Here's an interesting link, basic info, haven't read it all yet ~

https://lonerwolf.com/scrying/

19 minutes ago, rene said:

Here's an interesting link, basic info, haven't read it all yet ~

https://lonerwolf.com/scrying/

Thank you for the link. I found the following tidbit from that article interesting:

Next, hold your intention in mind. For example, your intention may be to uncover a hidden gift of yours, or perhaps to discover what is holding you back from achieving a dream. As you gaze into the water, let your eyes soften. Relax your entire face, from your mouth to your ears. Breathe deeply from your stomach. At times images may come and go briefly. Don’t try to hold on to them – this will make it much harder to scry. Instead, allow all images and sensations to come and go freely. The goal is to become a passive observer rather than an active participant. Once again, this can take practice.

I added the italics. Is it just me or does this sound... familiar?

• Thanks 1