Taiji Bum

Chinese language questions.

我们有一位中国老师,可是她英语说得还可以。有一个同学, 他去年去中国,今年他回家, 他汉语说得很流利。我汉语说得太慢。 可是我真喜欢写字,学字。有别的同学, 他们已经认识很多中国人, 有中国朋友,每天跟他们练习练习。。。

(i hope i didn't make a fool of myself trying to write these:))

We have a Chinese teacher, but her English said is alright. Some schoolmate, his went to China last year, this year he goes home, his Chinese said very much fluently. My Chinese said too slowly. But I like writing really, studies the character. Is able to discriminate schoolmate, they already knew many Chinese, has the Chinese friend, every day practices with them

I hope I was able to translate it.... thanks to babble fish :) With the advent of computers I don't even attempt to spell English properly anymore perhaps technology will one day make it all irrelevant.

I know a small amount of Cantonese and would like to learn more, although I should probably learn Mandarin instead. I have a dream of one day going to china and teaching English as a second language, basically so that I can afford to go there for a few months.

The Chinese section idea is interesting and worth thinking about IMHO. If anyone ever has any ideas for TTB just send us an email, always interested in continual product improvement :)

We have a Chinese teacher, but her English said is alright. Some schoolmate, his went to China last year, this year he goes home, his Chinese said very much fluently. My Chinese said too slowly. But I like writing really, studies the character. Is able to discriminate schoolmate, they already knew many Chinese, has the Chinese friend, every day practices with them

I hope I was able to translate it.... thanks to babble fish :) With the advent of computers I don't even attempt to spell English properly anymore perhaps technology will one day make it all irrelevant.

I know a small amount of Cantonese and would like to learn more, although I should probably learn Mandarin instead. I have a dream of one day going to china and teaching English as a second language, basically so that I can afford to go there for a few months.

The Chinese section idea is interesting and worth thinking about IMHO. If anyone ever has any ideas for TTB just send us an email, always interested in continual product improvement :)

Hey Mal,

I speak Cantonese so would be glad to help if i can in any small way! :)

Cheers!

CT

I hope I was able to translate it.... thanks to babble fish :)

:lol:

That's pretty close Mal! What babble fish are we babbling about?!

I'm learning Mandarin...

babel fish is a cool online translation program.

Great! The translation was quite impressive, compared to what Google can do. I'll add it in my wizard kit.

Thanks!

Chinese characters each have a root aka radical character inside them and there are over 200 radicals.

I've sort of taken this to mean that these were the 200+ root ideas or building blocks of the written language. Of these the most used ones are the radicals that symbolize:

Grass, Water, Tree, Hand, Mouth, Heart, and Insect. (in that order)

What Chinese has "root" is similar to English has its roots: mini, tele, post, sub, pscho....similarly not few of them . Of course, starting from the roots , you get the fastest way to identify the Chinese characters, and then master them . The roots , such as :

弓, 木,口,大,金,火,戈....

are in fact also the basic components of most Chinese characters . In traditional form of Chinese, there are quite a lot of them , and the sequence of writing them, putting these building blocks together maybe quite challenging to most foreigners .