Sign in to follow this  
Dzogchen

Energy affected when sneezing?

I got into Qigong many years ago, but when for a long period where it was sporadic. I fairly recently started back into an everyday type of practice, but have been taking notice of sneezing and how it effects energy.

Tried to search online but did not get many results.

Can anyone share their experiences, opinions, or links on how internal alchemy is affected when sneezing? Sneezes seem to be quite powerful IMO!

Edited by Dzogchen
  • Like 1

In my experience, sneezing affects the Wei Qi. Expands it and also strengthens/ activates the immune system.

Yawning releases blockages, sick qi etc. Yawning also opens the breath up and can, depending on the type of yawn(longer inhale/ exhale) open space for more energy or bring more energy in.

It does change both if you infuse awareness into them. Active participation does help to refine and unfold.

Just some thoughts.

Peace.

• Like 4

Good question.

Like burping, farting, yawning, vomiting, etc, sneezing a symptom of the body trying to restore equilibrium. A healthy body doesn't need to sneeze. And a sick body doesn't might not have the energy.

Like Uroboros said, sneezing can be understood as an action of weiqi. Weiqi is the body's border patrol. It's job is to resist invasion. Some people always have barbarians at the gates. They're strong enough to keep them out most of the time. But they're not strong enough to really teach those barbarians a lesson. This kind of person sneezes a lot because they're constantly repelling little invasions.

Yawning also activates the lungs and barrier tissues but has more to do with the Ying. In old Chinese medicine Ying and Wei are the Yin and Yang of the immune system. Think of it like this, if Wei is the border army, Ying is the logistics branch that maintains the army camps and supply lines at the border.

That's why yawning is energizing and snzeezing gives you goose bumps. Atleast that's a traditional energetic explanation.

• Like 3

normally I can just redirect the energy potential of a sneeze, if I catch it before it hits a threshold point of no return. but sometimes it feels good to completely relax into a sneeze and let it rip! :lol:

• Like 2

Isn't sneezing supposed to stimulate the same part of the brain that's activated during orgasm? Then there's the guys who sneeze when thinking about or just about to engage in intimacy.

AT THE START OF SNEEZING, DURING FRIGHT, IN ANXIETY, ABOVE A

CHASM, FLYING IN BATTLE, IN EXTREME CURIOSITY, AT THE BEGINNING

OF HUNGER, AT THE END OF HUNGER, BE UNINTERRUPTEDLY AWARE.

THE PURITY OF OTHER TEACHINGS IS AN IMPURITY TO US. IN REALITY,

KNOW NOTHING AS PURE OR IMPURE.

says the vigyan bhairava tantra

actually just like there are gapes between breath when you are actually very close to the the natural mind, TAO

just like that before sneezing and after sneezing , there is a short period when you can see the natural mind, or at least you can go close to it

• Like 1

JoeBlast- I can do that sometimes with sneezing, too. I go into the feeling fully and the sensation/ energy moves but there is no explosive contraction/ exhale.

Not sure if thats actually a good thing for me, though. hah!

What do you think?

Res- Ejaculating is pretty much the same mechanism as a sneeze. Both are hard contractions that result in the expulsion of something.

Orgasm is different then ejaculation, though.

Maybe the guy sneezes because he feels threatened by intimacy on a deep level, so his body is preparing to defend itself against perceived invaders.

NineTailedFox- I have noticed the gap in sneezing. Same with yawning. Yawning requires more....awareness to experience the gap, I find. It feels deeper to me, though.

Isn't sneezing supposed to stimulate the same part of the brain that's activated during orgasm? Then there's the guys who sneeze when thinking about or just about to engage in intimacy.

IMO any kind of strong "release" is coated with sexuality.

My 2 cents, Peace

Honestly, this is one of the best threads I have seen in a long time. My knowledge bank just became rapidly expanded in mere minutes.

Honestly, this is one of the best threads I have seen in a long time. My knowledge bank just became rapidly expanded in mere minutes.

I don't know how I surmised you'd say something like that. :blink:

• Like 1

I don't know how I surmised you'd say something like that. :blink:

I am a mind addict, my self is addicted to mind stuff

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:lol:

stop laughing - NO!

YOU!

stop laughing

NOW

JoeBlast- I can do that sometimes with sneezing, too. I go into the feeling fully and the sensation/ energy moves but there is no explosive contraction/ exhale.

Not sure if thats actually a good thing for me, though. hah!

What do you think?

central channel openings will help the ability to redirect. same with yawns, more centrally focused because of the diaphragm's involvement. an ear ring is a little different but done properly I can still absorb and redirect that potential also...easier to do pointing sword fingers upward and moving across the eyes/ears while bringing the potential to the niwan as opposed to just arresting the potential at the niwan with nothing else, but I just found that out experimenting.

• Like 2

No, use your brain power to make me stop laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The question is- what prana or chi makes us laugh?

You're asking me as if I'm Captain Obvious. :glare:

Well, obviously you are Captain Oblivious, so all I have to do to make you stop laughing is ask you a question that you don't know the answer to, and you will immediately go into a trance state... :D

Nice, see if you can get me to care. :closedeyes::D <3

Well, obviously you are Captain Oblivious, so all I have to do to make you stop laughing is ask you a question that you don't know the answer to, and you will immediately go into a trance state... :D

Nice, see if you can get me to care. :closedeyes::D <3

Well, now that you are 'Silent Abderian' I won't ever hear you laugh, so I won't know when to try to make you stop laughing - no fair!

Better luck next time. <_< This ma favourite face.

Well, now that you are 'Silent Abderian' I won't ever hear you laugh, so I won't know when to try to make you stop laughing - no fair!

Sign in to follow this