Sign in to follow this  
三江源

I´ve always wondered about that myself. But is contraction the same as "falling asleep"?

I still miss those nice, expanded moments. Want to let them go.

h

I still lose my awareness when i sleep, but i'm pretty good in the awake hours.

well, if we think of expansion as happening in degrees. and if we think of not being attached to the moments of extreme expansion in wonderful situations , but, rather, managing to be neither micro nor macro exclusively, but somehow inclusive and expansive.. in 'ordinary' sittuations, as a matter of course, so that we function efficiently and see to the heart of the matter whilst being aware of the scope of life.. for the purpose of this here now I am holding to the sense that contraction equates to falling asleep. so asleep would be missing the vastness. asleep would be seeing the human and forgetting the divine, say.

Kudos to you if you can maintain this while "asleep" :)

I was wondering what proportion of the time bums that practice are managing to hold the expanded integrated consciousness, and wether there is daily or moment to moment awareness about what proportion of the time consciousness contracts. Consciousness pulsation!

I'm hoping that talking about it will deepen my connection with the need I have for awareness on this. Tired, as I am, of narcolepsy.

So I'm talking data, here. Does anyone have a sense of their percentages in their fluctuations?

honestly it depends on how well 'in practice' I am. The more diligent I am, the longer and easier it is.

Yes, but the time spent in proper meditation adds angular momentum to awareness in daily life. The quality of practice determines the quality of performance when the game clock is running, so to speak. :)

• Like 1

well, if we think of expansion as happening in degrees. and if we think of not being attached to the moments of extreme expansion in wonderful situations , but, rather, managing to be neither micro nor macro exclusively, but somehow inclusive and expansive.. in 'ordinary' sittuations, as a matter of course, so that we function efficiently and see to the heart of the matter whilst being aware of the scope of life.. for the purpose of this here now I am holding to the sense that contraction equates to falling asleep. so asleep would be missing the vastness. asleep would be seeing the human and forgetting the divine, say.

I like your concept of things happening in degrees. I think of it a clearing obstructions bit by bit or layer by layer. For me, the key is finding those first singular moments of presence/awareness and then growing it to 24/7. With "clarity", one is never really done, expansion is infinite...

• Like 2

Yep, back to "stay in the moment" again.

There is no point to worry if I'm awake/insane/dead/enlighted. Whether I enjoy the moment is more important to me. I'd rather live in a good fancy "dream" than a harsh "reality".

Yep, back to "stay in the moment" again.

There is no point to worry if I'm awake/insane/dead/enlighted. Whether I enjoy the moment is more important to me. I'd rather live in a good fancy "dream" than a harsh "reality".

We all know who took the blue pill now don't we :excl:

• Like 1

We all know who took the blue pill now don't we :excl:

What does the "reality" look like after taking the red pill? The curious minds wants to know.

The curious minds wants to know.

That's the second time i've heard this phrase today :P .

In the matrix? Oh yes the reality was very harsh.

In real life? Well i don't know but from my limited perspective it is absolute freedom.

• Like 1

That's the second time i've heard this phrase today :P .

In the matrix? Oh yes the reality was very harsh.

In real life? Well i don't know but from my limited perspective it is absolute freedom.

You don't know? How did you know that you took the red pill?

The "absolute freedom" sounds fishy. How do you know it's not a trap to mislead you into another matrix?

I remember once I was tumbling down a colouir in Chamonix, pretty sure I was heading for a tuning of the harp...

Vividly, I remember my mind racing, my focus narrowing, time stopping, yet at the same time, I had this eerie sense of expansion, a broadness in my vision.

So I my experience was that there was something more primal in consciouss than both narrowing and expanding. Something just there.

You don't know? How did you know that you took the red pill?

The "absolute freedom" sounds fishy. How do you know it's not a trap to mislead you into another matrix?

Let's stop referencing the matrix as it is getting confusing LOL.

It's not a trap as "absolute freedom" is just a label - it is really no concepts at all.

The whole point of it is that it is concept-less and so can not be fake. It is the complete stripping of all fake-ness.

If you have any concept or anything to hold on to - it cannot be called "absolute freedom".

I always saw consciousness expansion/contraction as being a continuum of either being mostly aware of incoming sense perceptions, without much mind chatter and analysis, or only being partially aware of incoming real-time data, and being more lost in memories/analysis/contemplation/false assumptions/etc. The degree one lives outside of mind = the degree one lives in Taomind. The degree one lives outside of Taomind = the degree one lives in ego-mind. Although I also know that in certain times, the sum entirety of consciousness can expand and include more overall inputs (whether it be internal/external).

I would say that I am usually deeply entrenched in my ego-mind, but with a real ongoing awareness of what is going on in the reality of the 6 senses, so that I don't miss anything. If I need to suddenly be on top of something, I am there quick as a flash...so I definitely am usually internally focused - introverted as they say, yet able to snap back to real-time immediately. I don't know that I can answer your question adequately.

A tip from Inception, if you don't remember what happened hours ago, then you're in a dream. Of course if you have memory problems, that may contribute to your situation.

Well, "real" life isn't a movie. :)

I think Cat spoke in a popular budhist metaphor that we're sleep walking.

My point is that we don't know for sure if we're awake fully at any given moment. We just have different degree of awakening. There are some sign post of different degree according to Taoist and Budhist text.

The well known one is common in both.

The sun is bright by day,

the moon enlights the night,

armoured shines the warrior,

contemplative the Brahmin True.

But all day and night-time too

resplendent does the Buddha shine.

I believe they are real. I don't know if all enlighted ones see these sign posts. But if you can see these, you're very high in the awakening degree.

Ehh you guys lost me. I'll just stick to cultivating haha then trying to figure this out right now.

Good plan.

Don't pay attention to us bunch of crazy people. We see crazy stuff. We doubt our sanity. We desperately seek others to confirm what we've seen. If we happen to find another guy who's seen the same stuff, we feel better. If we find three, we form a secret club. :)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this