Forget:

-God

-Buddha

-Allah

-Jesus

-Satan

-Krishna

-Avalokitesvara

-anything else that equals whatever you think you should become...

then.

Who are you now?

(once you have forgotten everything in this mind?)

Once Ive forgotten everything of that kind

I am still an atheist of the philosophical taoist family.

What one could ask instead ,is what happens when you dont have social relationships to suffer over,

who are you then?

Mh isnt feeling well , he forgot what language he speaks.

:)

Edited by Stosh

en espanol?

Hehehe. Well, that's the only video of that song I could find.

Mh isnt feeling well , he forgot what language he speaks.

:)

Yeah, I thought I was in Mexico speaking my Italian with the Mexicans.

• Like 1

In Buddhist practice, the encouragement is to cease dwelling, rather than 'forgetting'.

Liberation occurs when the habit of non-dwelling is cultivated. In other words, whatever arises, investigate the source, and once we gain confidence in seeing that the source (mind) is inherently empty, then dwelling has no foothold.

If dwelling does occur, then we know that the culprit is ego wanting some sort of confirmation or recognition, perhaps some concreteness which affirms its dualistic nature. Recognizing this for what it is, we have a good chance of remaining composed and not be swayed by the myriad attractive or disgusting thoughts which arise from nowhere solid and will dissipate quickly when we do not dwell on them. In this way, there will be no contraction, no grasping, no aversion. This will eventually lead to doing everything without doing anything (a favorite of Taoist practitioners, i believe?) :D

• Like 2

Forget:

-God

-Buddha

-Allah

-Jesus

-Satan

-Krishna

-Avalokitesvara

-anything else that equals whatever you think you should become...

then.

Who are you now?

(once you have forgotten everything in this mind?)

I can't remember.

• Like 1

i think people who need to tell others to abandon their faith don't have much faith in their own beliefs. i don't believe in any deities but i don't need to convince others, because if they want to personify parts of their subconscious that is fine by me.

Marblehead, thats the exact same thing/song that came to mind when I read the post.

Still it may not be so much a matter of forgetting, as much as 1)don't cling 2)follow the best of a tradition, its most humane, charitable form.

I can't remember.

GHOST CAT! You are ghost cat - don't forget!!!

Edited by Songtsan

i think people who need to tell others to abandon their faith don't have much faith in their own beliefs. i don't believe in any deities but i don't need to convince others, because if they want to personify parts of their subconscious that is fine by me.

Its not about that...its an in-the-moment practice to see something (what that is i don't know ;))...this isn't some absolute thing. I am not trying to get everyone to give up their who-they-are-isms...its just a contemplative technique...basically about letting go of mind constructs...for a few seconds is all...don't worry, if you try it, you probably won't lose your self - your self sticks to you like butter on the griddle!

Edited by Songtsan

In Buddhist practice, the encouragement is to cease dwelling, rather than 'forgetting'.

Liberation occurs when the habit of non-dwelling is cultivated. In other words, whatever arises, investigate the source, and once we gain confidence in seeing that the source (mind) is inherently empty, then dwelling has no foothold.

If dwelling does occur, then we know that the culprit is ego wanting some sort of confirmation or recognition, perhaps some concreteness which affirms its dualistic nature. Recognizing this for what it is, we have a good chance of remaining composed and not be swayed by the myriad attractive or disgusting thoughts which arise from nowhere solid and will dissipate quickly when we do not dwell on them. In this way, there will be no contraction, no grasping, no aversion. This will eventually lead to doing everything without doing anything (a favorite of Taoist practitioners, i believe?) :D

It's really about letting go of mind constructs, just for a moment, basically we are saying the same thing...to me forgetting = cease dwelling...or letting go, dropping, etc. etc. you got my point, you are simply arguing with the words I am using. Mind fabrications are illusions. Forgetting the mind fabrications for a split second = dropping them.

Sign in to follow this