voidisyinyang

Buddhist fascism as Bhutan happiness

governments almost always seek arbitrary and capricious exercise of powers, delegated or undelegated, lawful or not. the bigger they are the worse they get.

• Like 1

governments almost always seek arbitrary and capricious exercise of powers, delegated or undelegated, lawful or not. the bigger they are the worse they get.

It was a monarchy and by definition arbitrary and capricious. They were defending against a perceived threat to their way of life. I'm not excusing it ... just saying. Just being Buddhist is not some kind of special pill that makes you harmless ... the Tibetans were the same ... they stayed isolated for centuries to preserve a way of life based on feudal oppression and class.

• Like 3

they stayed isolated for centuries to preserve a way of life based on feudal oppression and class.

This is Chinese propaganda. Show me a western scholarly book that says this.

• Like 1

What have the Buddhists of Bhutan said about the Lhotshampa and their suffering? I can find nothing online. They do have beautiful mountain temples high up in the clouds.

TigersNestMonastery02.Gif

• Like 1

This is Chinese propaganda. Show me a western scholarly book that says this.

I discussed this with a Kagyu Rinpoche and he agreed .... they should have changed but did not heed the warning signs ...

• Like 1

I like the “One Nation, One People” policy,...mostly because of the sickening scenes I've witnessed of Abrahamic proselytizers polluting peoples in Central America.

I have a trip planned for Bhutan in September,...from what I know, Westerners can only enter with a guide. If that is what it takes to keep Christians and Muslims out,...so be it.

Remember,...Bhutan is not a Theravada country like Myanmar or Thailand,...but a Vajrayana Buddhist country. Very important distinction.

Interesting, how would you apply that to the USA?

I like the “One Nation, One People” policy,...

• Like 1

You wouldn't. This idea may be relevant for some (usually small) countries, not for the others.

I didn't see a single referrance to fascism anywhere in that Western bias article.

Of course,...if this thread said Muslim Fascism,...it would have been tossed into the pit,...or just deleted all together.

Still I wonder,...when the problem gets reduced,...why are Westerners so upset that Myanmar Buddhists advocate not engaging in businesses with Muslims, and protect Myanmar from a real "Muslim threat" in their country.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-07-08/india/40442452_1_rohingya-muslims-sittwe-central-myanmar

What have the Buddhists of Bhutan said about the Lhotshampa and their suffering? I can find nothing online. They do have beautiful mountain temples high up in the clouds.

TigersNestMonastery02.Gif

Although very pretty, i don't think i could meditate in a place like that. Would be too scared of falling of the mountain! :lol:

Vmarco, you seem to have a lot of hatred for Muslims and Christians. You should try to fix it. Meditate on it. You don't need Abrahamic Proselytizers to pollute you. You are polluting yourself with this hatred. Stop it.

• Like 1

Vmarco, you seem to have a lot of hatred for Muslims and Christians. You should try to fix it. Meditate on it. You don't need Abrahamic Proselytizers to pollute you. You are polluting yourself with this hatred. Stop it.

Timefulness,...you are fully blind to my posts,...how often do I need to repeat that I harbor no hate towards Muslims or Christians,...your own fear of seeing that everything you thought to meaningful, is actually meaningless, has you duped. It is your belief in moderatism and faith-based tolerantism that enables the hate in the world.

I very much appreciate your point of view,...calling me hateful is akin to calling the Tea Party just, or a Bodhisattva compassionless,...an absolute oxymoron. Let me repeat,...saying VMarco is hateful for Muslims and Christians is an absolute oxymoron. And thus highlights your own ignorance.

Although you will continue to cling to your obviously media-ted beliefs for your identity, discussions like these are helpful in shining light on the truer sources of hate in the world,...people like yourself,...through what the groupthink tells you is the best of intentions,...to make the inside of the box, fine and prissy,...a box where reason and enlightenment are seen as enemies to all within the box.

Yes TimefulOne,...just as a Theist will kill the Truth, if Truth will Kill his Theism,...you attack any messenger whose message upsets your beliefs.

Interesting, how would you apply that to the USA?

One Nation, One People doesn't apply to the USA. Christocrats cleverly removed the original national motto, E Pluribus Unum, “out of many, one,” which was coined by Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams, from U.S. currency and public places. These Christocrats successfully proselytize that the U.S. was founded as “One Nation under [their] God” and one nation under their religion. However, the historic truth is, according to people such Herman C. Weber, DD, an expert in religious censuses and statistics, that few early Americans were members of a Christian church. In the 1933 Yearbook of American Churches, for instance, it says that just 6.9% of U.S. citizens belonged to a church in 1800. By 1850, religious membership had risen to 15.5%. By 1900, Christians had doubled their percentage to 37%. However, not until 1942 did Christian affiliation exceed 50% of the U.S. population,...and McCarthyism, Moral Majority, and the Tea Party (all the exact same ilk) revised how America sees itself.

Vmarco... I don't know you... I have never read your other posts where you said you don't hate Muslims or Christians. But first couple of your posts in this thread seem to show that you obviously have some negative feelings towards these people. But If say you don't, so be it; even if you do, God bless you. Peace!

It was a monarchy and by definition arbitrary and capricious. They were defending against a perceived threat to their way of life. I'm not excusing it ... just saying. Just being Buddhist is not some kind of special pill that makes you harmless ... the Tibetans were the same ... they stayed isolated for centuries to preserve a way of life based on feudal oppression and class.

Hit the nail on the head. Humans, like other apes, naturally form large organisations and the ones at the top will likely abuse thier power.
I'm both Buddhist and a voluntaryist. Wake up and hcose whether or not you want a ruler.