What happens when you have let go of almost everything, when you become indifferent to nearly every worldly affair. Then what? Do you just sit and slowly erode? do you eventually commit suicide?

I don't want anything else but to do die. I'm sick of everything.

Why put up with all these buildups ad letdowns if I don't have to, I'm sick of pretending I actually want to be here on this planet anymore.

I don't really judge as often as I used to, I just find myself not caring. I've lived enough.

• Like 1

Try some dopamine re-uptake inhibitors like wellbutrin, seriously - it saved my life....PM for more detailed discussion. I have been where you are just a few months ago - like three. no joke.

What happens when you have let go of almost everything, when you become indifferent to nearly every worldly affair. Then what? Do you just sit and slowly erode? do you eventually commit suicide?

Why put up with all these buildups ad letdowns if I don't have to, I'm sick of pretending I actually want to be here on this planet anymore.

I don't really judge as often as I used to, I just find myself not caring. I've lived enough.

What you are experiencing is called 'anhedonia' I think I have said this before to you...if you simply get some dopamine and serotonin in your system you will feel much better - the first few weeks when starting these prescription meds are funny - but find a safe space and make it through it. You will want to live again, I promise you. Please don't make yourself hurt anymore. I can help you, I have been through this, you can make it. It's an illusion of chemistry. Believe me. I know what I am talking about.

What you are experiencing is called 'anhedonia' I think I have said this before to you...if you simply get some dopamine and serotonin in your system you will feel much better - the first few weeks when starting these prescription meds are funny - but find a safe space and make it through it. You will want to live again, I promise you. Please don't make yourself hurt anymore. I can help you, I have been through this, you can make it. It's an illusion of chemistry. Believe me. I know what I am talking about.

you may have some mania too- but you have to learn to live with it...as long as you can keep it above a certain level you will be OK. Don't go killing yourself over something that has nothing to do with you. It's not about you, it's about passion - you want to feel it again right? I do, I know how it is...you will, trust me...just listen to the advice you get here - stop fooling around - you need to stop listening to your self and listen to us for a change. You can make it, I swear. People will help you, everywhere you look. Don't give up just because it hurts, everyone here is good and will help you.

When you let go of everything......then you simply observe, enjoy and take in the beauty and glory of creation. You listen to your higher self and follow your path. The void/emptiness can be scary and depressing at first.....but you get used to it and will eventually find it to be a truly blissful way to live.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 1

All things have power or momentum of their own, if you let go of attachment of your body you will still have a body until its power is exhausted and it dies, if you let go of attachment to emotions you will still have emotions like anger and sadness until their power is exhausted, there just wont be any resistance to any of it from your mind. If you let go of attachment life will just flow through you more easily but it wont stop flowing just because you have removed your mental concepts around it.

But if your going to go all the way you have to let go of your attachment to wanting to not exist any more also

• Like 1

neutrality is not the same as detachment

detachment can be confused with aversion to thoughts and self etc etc

sometimes different words trigger different reactions inside of people.

I agree destroying the ego, thoughts etc can be very nihilistic

so maybe just take a break from that.

I reccomend dancing, ecstatic dance it gets the heart involved, everything makes sense.

Some sense of detachment is cool though too, then it becomes neutrality a mix of both, as one is just extreme in my opinion.

Source: was feeling down, and decided to try and do the whole who am I stuff end up blocking the heart, joy feel depressed, maybe do this sometimes....

also try smiling from the heart too, you will feel less depression

There many ways to "meditate" and work with what feels right for you, writing can be a great way to connect and see thoughts.

Also in India I tried to look at creating some technique with shaking medicine so I would start dancing, and connect to feelings of desire/joy then move on to appreciation and love, then more "Who am I" "everything is a dream" or "emptiness" even playfulness or kindness, once the heart opens the other stuff is way more powerful, kind of like the tibetan buddhists who emphasise working with compassion, generating love, or in native cultures where they would emphasise working with the heart and soul, laughing, dancing, art, being in nature, sillyness, playfulness. Serious meditator syndrome is often ignored lol

• Like 1

Imitating animals is also a great way of mediation detachment etc.Form is void, and void is form

Don't get to ahead of yourself. Your indifference and state of disgust is just another state letting you know you didn't get it yet. You may have become awakened to what you have constructed as a reality, but true awakening doesn't leave you feeling as you do, with the views you have.

Keep practicing, let go of these views...it gets better.

Peace and Blessings,
Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 2

Why do you feel you should detach yourself from everything? That's no way to live.

Attachments are fine as long as we understand that they are just temporary things, just as is our life - only temporary.

You were given life so you could live. It's time to do that. In fact, every minute you are alive you should be living. (Yes, even sleeping to restore your mind and body is living.)

Now please excuse me while I go live.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

It's not something I'm doing on purpose, It's just kind of happening.

Okay. I can accept that. But please don't detach yourself from life and your Self. Fall in love; get a broken heart; let the heart heal; do it all over again. Go hug a tree and talk with a flower.

• Like 2

Turn your attention inwards.

The 'thinker' inside is the trouble maker. It is pure imagination. It is not real unless you believe in it.

Okay. I can accept that. But please don't detach yourself from life and your Self. Fall in love; get a broken heart; let the heart heal; do it all over again. Go hug a tree and talk with a flower.

Precisely. I care not anymore. I'm over this realm. I can't help but to sound juvenile when I say 'I've lived enough, I'm sick of life', but I feel that way- and I have for awhile honestly, maybe 6th grade. I just don't care anymore. I wanted a girlfriend/wife for so long, now I just don't care anymore. I've been around women enough to know, I've been around men enough to know, I just don't care for any of it anymore, or anything else here really. The whole emotional rollercoaster- I don't care anymore. Seeing the sights and sounds of places afar- I don't care anymore. Meeting new people, trying new things/food, I don't care. I just couldn't care less about all of it. Not really aggressive at all, just a heavy passive I don't care about anything though. The birds are cool, trees are wise. I don't know, I don't even care about relationships anymore, I know the ins and outs- I found the wave anyway, it tends to fulfill most of my wants.

I feel like such an alien at work and out about with people/acquaintances. I just don't care about any of it. I work for no reason but to give the appearance i'm working for something to people/my parents. People all around me care so much, I feel them- I just don't care anymore. When not helping others(the few/little times I do) I'm just doing nothing somewhere lost in the wave. I don't do anything, I just want to die finally. The same themes keep playing and I see what it is, I can't stand it- I feel like I'm trapped, because I am. I wanted to write a book since forever, at a point I felt I could- then with k's unsolicited help I realized what books really were, and I just want to leave. It's not fair. I feel like I'm dying when I go outside. People look at me and catch it and I hate it, it just feels like I'm dying and I don't care about anything. I can't help it :(

Nowadays it seems quite common to allege all unfortunate states of being to an activated kundalini.

So much misinformation leading to so much unnecessary woeful tear-jerking self-defeating dramas.

Why people dont choose simple and safe spiritual practices is beyond me. The basics are more effective long-term than any so-called advanced practices. With basic practices, one can afford to dabble and not get into difficulty.

Best to get proper guidance to see yourself out of this mess. (to OP)

Nowadays it seems quite common to allege all unfortunate states of being to an activated kundalini.

So much misinformation leading to so much unnecessary woeful tear-jerking self-defeating dramas.

Why people dont choose simple and safe spiritual practices is beyond me. The basics are more effective long-term than any so-called advanced practices. With basic practices, one can afford to dabble and not get into difficulty.

Best to get proper guidance to see yourself out of this mess. (to OP)

What are you talking about? I prayed a couple times and smoked weed and this happened. I wasn't trying to bend time or questing for superpowers. Dabble in what? Electricity swimming through my brain almost blocking off my air.

Living is such a burden, for nothing. I can't help but to have this knowing in me that has quit living already. There is nothing more I want physically or spiritually. Nothing else I want to know/learn/try/experience, I'm quite done. Suicide seems so drastic but there literally isn't anything else to do.

From now on I'll only allege fortunate states of being to an active kundalini. Who cares. I'm just fed up with waking up everyday for no reason. I don't want any of this.

I can't help it :(

I am at a lose for words. I have never felt that way so I can't even empathize with what you speak of.

As I have said before elsewhere, I love life and when the Grim Reaper comes for me he is going to have one hell of a fight.

I can only wish that you find something that puts meaning into your life.

Precisely. I care not anymore. I'm over this realm. I can't help but to sound juvenile when I say 'I've lived enough, I'm sick of life', but I feel that way- and I have for awhile honestly, maybe 6th grade. I just don't care anymore. I wanted a girlfriend/wife for so long, now I just don't care anymore. I've been around women enough to know, I've been around men enough to know, I just don't care for any of it anymore, or anything else here really. The whole emotional rollercoaster- I don't care anymore. Seeing the sights and sounds of places afar- I don't care anymore. Meeting new people, trying new things/food, I don't care. I just couldn't care less about all of it. Not really aggressive at all, just a heavy passive I don't care about anything though. The birds are cool, trees are wise. I don't know, I don't even care about relationships anymore, I know the ins and outs- I found the wave anyway, it tends to fulfill most of my wants.

I feel like such an alien at work and out about with people/acquaintances. I just don't care about any of it. I work for no reason but to give the appearance i'm working for something to people/my parents. People all around me care so much, I feel them- I just don't care anymore. When not helping others(the few/little times I do) I'm just doing nothing somewhere lost in the wave. I don't do anything, I just want to die finally. The same themes keep playing and I see what it is, I can't stand it- I feel like I'm trapped, because I am. I wanted to write a book since forever, at a point I felt I could- then with k's unsolicited help I realized what books really were, and I just want to leave. It's not fair. I feel like I'm dying when I go outside. People look at me and catch it and I hate it, it just feels like I'm dying and I don't care about anything. I can't help it :(

what is it you want to do?

go and follow that wish, watch the film too, its all about that.

Edited by skydog

What are you talking about? I prayed a couple times and smoked weed and this happened. I wasn't trying to bend time or questing for superpowers. Dabble in what? Electricity swimming through my brain almost blocking off my air.

Living is such a burden, for nothing. I can't help but to have this knowing in me that has quit living already. There is nothing more I want physically or spiritually. Nothing else I want to know/learn/try/experience, I'm quite done. Suicide seems so drastic but there literally isn't anything else to do.

From now on I'll only allege fortunate states of being to an active kundalini. Who cares. I'm just fed up with waking up everyday for no reason. I don't want any of this.

So, let's create a hypothetical scenario: let's say you do a line of good quality cocaine, or smoke some crack...(I am not actually suggesting you do this - its just a teaching tool), do you honestly think you wouldn't have a good time? Honestly? Really? If you believe this you are straight up lying to yourself.

Cocaine is a dopamine agonist/re-uptake inhibitor....this is why I am recommending Wellbutrin for you...it does the same thing and is cheap as hell. I used to be anhedonic JUST LIKE YOU...I wish you would believe me....I was anhedonic for years - felt detached from everything - couldnt get a date - quit doing good things for myself, all that.

Sometimes its simply time to bite the bullet and go do something instead of complaining about it over and over....

Sometimes its simply time to bite the bullet and go do something instead of complaining about it over and over....

I think that's where we differ, I legitimately couldn't care less about any of this anymore. It's scary to an extent, but i don't care. No goals besides dying. I hate having to live it's stupid. I'm sick of going through the motions.

I think that's where we differ, I legitimately couldn't care less about any of this anymore. It's scary to an extent, but i don't care. No goals besides dying. I hate having to live it's stupid. I'm sick of going through the motions.

well you are going to die eventually anyways...might as well go out with a bang then - start doing some LSD, go for a trip to India - go skydiving, get some credit cards and rack up a bunch of bills with no intent to pay them - time to get loco then.

• Like 1

well you are going to die eventually anyways...might as well go out with a bang then - start doing some LSD, go for a trip to India - go skydiving, get some credit cards and rack up a bunch of bills with no intent to pay them - time to get loco then.

lol