silas

Wirathu: The Face Of Buddhist Terrorism

Has anyone read the Time magazine article about the Monk Wirathu from Burma:

20130701_600.jpg

not the facial language of one who stands on the side of peace.

Wrathful Buddha...Angry Buddha...Destructive Buddha...Terrorist Buddha...Flying Buddha of Death...Buddha of Terrible Vows...The ANTI-Buddha Buddha!!!

• Like 1

Every person has a dark side...even if its the size of a grain of sand; when our focus is placed on it, it grows in power as our chi energy feeds into it. The demon grows on milk of chi focus. When the demon gets big enough, it can overtake the angels of holy vows, through its sheer might...The demon dominates the angels, the angels run and hide from the terrible Demon of Hate. This Dark Demon comes to the fore and becomes the 'I' self...its power keeps the other 'I's from coming forward, it consumes the mind mirror, spreading like a cancer, until the angels are now the size of a grain of sand. They are now angel seeds, forced back into pre-germination stage. All selves exist in every wo/man. None of us are free from any demon/angel. All seeds exist in any mind. Don't water the wrong seeds with milk of chi.

Has anyone read the Time magazine article about the Monk Wirathu from Burma:

I say Fuxk You Western media.

For a different perspective:

"A genuine ruby will shine," said Wirathu at his monastery in the city of Mandalay, "even if you try to sink it in mud."

New freedoms of speech have made it easier to disseminate radical views, while exposing deep-seeded feelings felt by much of the population toward Muslims and other minorities.

The social networking site Facebook was alight with criticism.

Dozens changed their profiles to mock-covers of Time with the word "Boycott." One person lamented that the image of his country — and faith — was being tarnished.

Most said that Time's article was further evidence of media bias. The monk has repeatedly called on Buddhists to unite against the "threat" Muslims pose to the country and its culture, accusing them of breeding too fast and hijacking the business community.

The Time article quoted him as saying this was not the time to stay calm.

"Now is the time to rise up, to make your blood boil," he said.

I say that Western media has been very biased on this story, as if being presured by Islamic oil money. I hope that Myanmar does not submit to Western ignorance, arrogance, and faith-based tolerance. Real compassion is not tolerant of Muslem belief. We are not our beliefs,...although the faith-based believe they are.

• Like 2

Ashin Wirathu, the leader of the 969 movement, encourages Buddhists to only shop at Buddhist owned shops.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpict ... 07914.html

I wonder if things remained as they were before this year, that Buddhism may be in the minority in Myanmar within 20 years, with the $millions in conversion funds being funnelled in from Saudi,...and once that occurs, in Islamic fashion, the Buddhist temples and chedi's will be destroyed.

Although I consider myself a Buddhist of sorts,...mostly within the Prajnaparamita variety,...I favor the banning of the Abrahamic religions from Myanmar,...with perhaps an exception within tourist zones for those dishonest foreigners who live by those faiths. Buddhist compassion should dictate that Evangelism should be a capital crime, to protect people from those religions stepping between the people of Myanmar, and their direct spiritual experience.

Perhaps another solution for Myanmar would be to establish lying as unconstitutional. If lying was unconstitutional, all Abrahamic religions would be instantly illegal.

The last thing, IMO, that Myanmar should do, is submit to the insane Western influence of religious tolerance. To me, that mentality is no different than pedophile tolerance, rape tolerance, slavery tolerance, or a tolerance of misogyny.

• Like 2

The threat is real... how about media coverage of all the Muslim atrocities against Buddhists 100s+ of years...?

... There is only so much people can take... how many times do you have to be attacked before retaliation is acceptable?

The only solution really is separation.

I don't believe in "religious freedom..."

If you move to a foreign country you adopt that countries founding / native traditions... or have none // or practice on your own in private.

There is no need for Islam to be in Thailand...0

and so on.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Has WIrathu written any books, any sutras, any treatises?

Wirathu says he is a man of peace, a Buddhist of Theravada tradition.

The philosophy behind his teachings:

“You can be full of kindness and love, but you cannot sleep next to a mad dog,” Wirathu said, referring to Muslims. “If we are weak,” he said, “our land will become Muslim.”

Edited by silas

two, a hundred million, seven billion, all the same

I see... what I am saying is...

One group wages a "holy war" against you because you don't believe in their God etc...

Are you going to just sit there and be hacked to death?

Or prevent such a situation from occurring in the first place by taking the necessary precautions? laws and so on.

It isn't about revenge it's about self preservation + your right to exist.

If you are just going to yield from the very start... and present no defense... you may as-well start digging a grave for every Buddhist.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 2

I see... what I am saying is...

One group wages a "holy war" against you because you don't believe in their God etc...

Are you going to just sit there and be hacked to death?

Or prevent such a situation from occurring in the first place by taking the necessary precautions? laws and so on.

It isn't about revenge it's about self preservation + your right to exist.

If you are just going to yield from the very start... and present no defense... you may as-well start digging a grave for every Buddhist.

Nicely said.

I focus on the distinction between revenge and protection. That distinction (however semantic), is the fulcrum for me to remain on the path, while engaging in violent behavior (verbal or physical). Verses 31 and 74 DDJ say it better than I do.

For me intention is so vital.

I engage fully in defense because of love. I cultivate discipline for protection so that I may avoid violence if possible, overpower it if necessary.

For me, protection does not include preemptive measures.

Prepare with the hope of peace, but prepare.

I use weapons (verbal and physical), with utmost restraint and I feel no joy in victory, but a kind of forlorn sadness at the conditions that made such violence necessary.

I'm projecting onto Wirathu my own assumptions of his intentions, hence my sorrow for the situation. So difficult to see beyond one side being right and one wrong. Both are parts of the whole, yet seem incongruent.

Sad, difficult, nasty quagmire it seems to me.

• Like 2

Sometimes, people who hate, may purposefully enter into religious institutions, realizing the power that those institutions have to further their agenda. It is always possible, and highly likely that he was as he was far before he entered monkhood. Not that I know anything about him, or have even read the article. But the same thing certainly has happened in most any other religion.

• Like 1

Sometimes, people who hate, may purposefully enter into religious institutions, realizing the power that those institutions have to further their agenda. It is always possible, and highly likely that he was as he was far before he entered monkhood. Not that I know anything about him, or have even read the article. But the same thing certainly has happened in most any other religion.

Really good point. Instinctively there is an awareness of that power within the religious mind form. The hate exists, prior to the religion. The religion provides a source of power from which to feed the hateful premise.

Really good point. Instinctively there is an awareness of that power within the religious mind form. The hate exists, prior to the religion. The religion provides a source of power from which to feed the hateful premise.

I think religion is every bit as powerful as government...someone who knows that they have no chance to get into a position of governmental power could easily choose the path of religion to that same ends, deviously working his/her way up to the top.

Edited by Songtsan

Here's a video about Wirathu:

"We are not destroying islamic culture. i am preaching this as a means of protecting our people, religion, culture and country for national security, I don't believe i am creating or contributing hatred towards muslims. i am not working for any parties organizations or persons. these are my own beliefs and resolutions. the local muslims are crude and savage because extremists are pulling the strings, providing them with financial, military and technical power."

r-DALAI-LAMA-MEETS-SUU-KYI-large570.jpg

Aung San Suu Kyi does not know what to do about Wirathu either.