Awen

When John Chang says....

http://www.meditationexpert.com/zen-buddhism-tao/z_dhyana-samadhi-10.htm

I am not sure if meditation expert is qualified to have an opinion in this matter.

Even though they are being adulated today, shamanic trances and hypnotic states are examples that fall into this category of spiritual deviation. These roads seem to have great appeal today, especially to academics trying to do research and write papers, but they are actually experiential realms where you are not in control of the mind, and they do not ever lead to spiritual enlightenment or any of the dhyana. They are not the path of Tao in any way, shape or form.

You can therefore understand that the cultivation practice of psychics who fall into trances, such as Edgar Cayce, are considered "outside paths" even though du-yin type abilities have sometimes provided the world with useful information. These are not genuine pathways of spiritual cultivation because they are not pathways to self-realization, and so they do not constitute proper pathways of spiritual practice! In a sense you can simply call them deviant practices. People may desire these things, but they are lusting after the wrong targets.

While the material offered by shamans and those who fall into trances or "channel" information to us may actually at times be quite useful, it is actually a crime to call these "pathways of spiritual cultivation."

• Like 1

Hi More Pie Guy,

Im not trying to shoot you down here. But in the Neikung Book, in the section on training, Kosta mentions that if one does not practice some form of standing meditation, then the qi will become hard in the dantian,making it impossible to pass even level one.

But i have heard many stories, and jim mcmillan being just one, about students who passed level one without any standing practice.

What is your take on this. There could be many more misconceptions in those books. Just a thought,

Vince.

^thats false cause kostas never even completed level 1 cause he never go the two signs.. ask jim anyway

plus you dont have to be standing to circulate qi - but flow you chi - do tai or some moving meditation, itll make your chi way stronger and youll cultivate faster

Thankyou Jascha. I have posted this below just for refference sakes,

Page 134 Of Neikung,Kosta Danaos says....

"For example in the mopai system, if a student were to practice only level 1 seated meditation, without engaging in a method to balance out the Chi, The Yang Chi would eventually gather together and harden in the lower belly of its own accord. Effectively preventing the practitioner from advancing any farther then level 1".

End of Quote,

Vince.

No kosta likes to exagerate. Practioners have been hardening and compressing their chi for years. Tibetan monks who do tummo stuff compress all the chakras. Some start from top down most start from down up.

Level 2a is a standing chi kung type exercise, I can't go into more detail but I believe others might be able to as it's been leaked in public as well. It is my understanding that 2b is a seated meditation, as well as level 4 is a seated meditation etc.

I do not know if later levels have matching chi kung exercises to correspond with them, but would imagine they very well might.

Thankyou Jascha. I have posted this below just for refference sakes,

Page 134 Of Neikung,Kosta Danaos says....

"For example in the mopai system, if a student were to practice only level 1 seated meditation, without engaging in a method to balance out the Chi, The Yang Chi would eventually gather together and harden in the lower belly of its own accord. Effectively preventing the practitioner from advancing any farther then level 1".

End of Quote,

Vince.

• Like 1