Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Getting pretty Spammy in here

Damn, when its this bad I wonder if there are some global controls we can use temporarily to control this. This is less spam then a server attack.

• Like 1

We need more moderators who have the capability to remove these posts as soon as they are posted. I am sure there are some young folks here who are on summer break from school who could help out?

What about using one of those "validators" where the person signing up has to type in a word that is written in cursive or some type of font that the 'bots can't read?

Maybe it's good for us to see all this spam once in awhile to greater appreciate what our mods are doing for us!

Ten pages of new posts since yesterday - 8 pages of spam! That was a lot to plow through!

Thank you Viator and JaRPanda!

• Like 2

We need more moderators who have the capability to remove these posts as soon as they are posted. I am sure there are some young folks here who are on summer break from school who could help out?

Zerostao would make a great moderator.. we need some attention here sooner rather than later.. the lack of concierge attention here is very noticeable now. Not good feng shui.

Zerostao would make a great moderator.. we need some attention here sooner rather than later.. the lack of concierge attention here is very noticeable now. Not good feng shui.

Wanna buy some Nike trainers cheap?

At emptyflower.net all registrations are manually validated by the mods. It surely requires a great deal of work and a larger team of mods for a forum like TTB, but I never saw any spam at emptyflower. It may put off some people who want immediate access to the forum, but everything has a cost of some sort.

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 2

no thanks, just the handbag.

they aren't spammers! just a bunch of lonely, sentient handbags that need homes!

Pity them. Give the handbags their own sub-board.

"Handbag Discussion"

• Like 1

they aren't spammers! just a bunch of lonely, sentient handbags that need homes!

Pity them. Give the handbags their own sub-board.

"Handbag Discussion"

In the interests of gender equality I demand a Wallet Sub as well ...

• Like 1

Hey Spambot has a great price on Vigora.

I'd buy some more but it gives me a stiff neck.

• Like 1

i suggest a word filter in the lobby board that autobans certain terms that always show up in spam posts

maybe even forbid links here....idk, just an idea. i feel like disallowing links would almost get rid of the problem entirely

Yeah, something needs be done. It is getting really bad now. More spam posts than member posts.

Just rename the board SpamBums ....

• Like 1

There are a number of entities viewing the board this moment that are spammers. The names are unusual. At least more unusual than what are here normally.

• Like 1

There are a number of entities viewing the board

i thought you were seriously about the blame the spam problem on malicious spirits :lol:

the ip addresses need to be banned manually by going into admin area.

well that sounds more like a problem of the current moderators not having enough power, not a problem of needing more moderators...

Also maybe limit the number of threads one user can post in a set amount of time. There is no reason for 1 user to post 10+ threads in one day.

Ralis and Cat both have valid points. Deal with your problems when they are still small else you will have to deal with big problems.

lulz, I leveled up my filter skillz.

:lol:

Nuoooohh... I wanted those sneakers!

Maybe it's good for us to see all this spam once in awhile to greater appreciate what our mods are doing for us! Ten pages of new posts since yesterday - 8 pages of spam! That was a lot to plow through! Thank you Viator and JaRPanda!

Are you saying the recent flood of spam was a false flag operation created by the mods so we would run to them in our sudden fear and support them rather than criticizing them for how they run the forum before overthrowing them???

I knew it.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this