Formless Tao

The decline and eventual fall of the USA as world superpower?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6H5nNZb1M

I gotta say I think creationism is a load of explosive horse diarrhea, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in God.

God is a matter of seeing the forest for the trees.

From the perspective of an individual cell in our body, we (our consciousness) is God. Yet were it not for all the individual cells communicating with one another across a vast organic internet (your brain), consciousness would never manifested in the first place.

Right now, we play the role of cells in a body, and our communications give rise to a consciousness every single bit as real as our own consciousness.

This whole universe is a living breathing intelligence, even the dumb rocks.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

Just wanted to comment that the 'Tea Bagger' party is directly responsible for the government shutdown. Millions will suffer needlessly; including nutrition programs for impoverished children, medical care for the poor, no FDA food inspections and education will suffer etc.

• Like 1

Just wanted to comment that the 'Tea Bagger' party is directly responsible for the government shutdown. Millions will suffer needlessly; including nutrition programs for impoverished children, medical care for the poor, no FDA food inspections and education will suffer etc.

the brownshirts.

• Like 1

Ralis as screwed up as it sounds man. This aint gonna get no better till the idiots is pissed off.

Seriously man.

Till people haven't eaten in 3 days, there is no electricity or gas, till everyone is rioting.

This is not going to improve.

People are gonna sit back and watch tv and drink beer and eat food and live life until they can't do that any more, and then they are gonna get mad, and something will change unless the goverment psyops programs can find a way to direct that anger at some external enemy they lay the blame on.

Ralis as screwed up as it sounds man. This aint gonna get no better till the idiots is pissed off.

Seriously man.

Till people haven't eaten in 3 days, there is no electricity or gas, till everyone is rioting.

This is not going to improve.

People are gonna sit back and watch tv and drink beer and eat food and live life until they can't do that any more, and then they are gonna get mad, and something will change unless the goverment psyops programs can find a way to direct that anger at some external enemy they lay the blame on.

Also there is talk that the right wing will hold the debt ceiling hostage once again and if the govt defaults, then the real problems will begin. You are right in that Americans have gotten complacent and numb. Haven't a clue!! Fox News and the media keep feeding them what they want to hear.

Edited by ralis

To be fair to a scientist 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all people who believe in chi are the worst sort of newage ***hats you can imagine.

It's hard to take any thing of this nature seriously with these ***hats representing the culture.

True. Reminds me of my parents. When they hear anything about chi (TV, online, etc.) they automatically associate it with "newage stuff". Really annoys me what newagers have done.

• Like 1

still playing that left right game, ralis? :rolleyes::lol: hasnt struck you that its them vs us and not the bastardized ideas that only serve to drive the populace from one another?

I'm not even going to get into the AGW hogwash. The tr00 believers can sit there and say all they want about CO2, and like Drew said, mother nature's going to behave how mother nature's going to behave - which means that eventually, sooner or later, enough data will have been collected to unequivocally show that CO2 is piss in a pond when you're comparing it to solar dynamics.

• Like 2

still playing that left right game, ralis? :rolleyes::lol: hasnt struck you that its them vs us and not the bastardized ideas that only serve to drive the populace from one another?

I'm not even going to get into the AGW hogwash. The tr00 believers can sit there and say all they want about CO2, and like Drew said, mother nature's going to behave how mother nature's going to behave - which means that eventually, sooner or later, enough data will have been collected to unequivocally show that CO2 is piss in a pond when you're comparing it to solar dynamics.

looks like we're going to have to merge this with the global warming thread as the mind-controlled denial is kicking in.

Is it really necessary to have to repeat the other thread here? I can just copy and paste if necessary.

haha.

Nope -- it's not my problem - if people want to ignore the information even after I have already dug it up. It doesn't matter!

Mother Nature will take revenge.

• Like 1

yup, no point in arguing with the religion's congregation about forcefully induced indoctrination with half baked data and bad statistics....no matter how many times it gets debunked and shown to be but a fraction of what its purported to be, there are those that will believe no matter what evidence is given to them. I'm still surprised someone as intelligent as you accepts such cockamamie crap, drew. you just have such a strong environmentalist bias in you that you're willing to accept anything that puts forth the notion that man is killing the planet, no matter how quick-sandy the ground of the assertion is based on.

if it werent for the potential tax revenue, the government wouldnt give a crap, 1/10,000th of the money that has been put into attempting to prove the co2 hypothesis would have been expended towards such...this is just another potential means to "elongate the decline" via more unwarranted taxation.

• Like 1

cant prove the co2 hypothesis by pointing at all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the behavior of co2, but I digress...as if other entirely unrelated ecological destructions would somehow change the heat capacity of co2 :lol:

all this money has been spent by governments in an attempt to prove they have (yet another) "valid" reason to tax you. and of course who does this hurt most, but the less well off, with winter coming up, who's going to hurt most from energy taxation?

the carbon trading market completely collapsed and died for a reason - while governments are perfectly willing to put other people's money with their mouthpiece is, investors are not willing to put their own money on such shaky ground.

as usual, cui bono???

• Like 1

cant prove the co2 hypothesis by pointing at all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the behavior of co2, but I digress...as if other entirely unrelated ecological destructions would somehow change the heat capacity of co2 :lol:

all this money has been spent by governments in an attempt to prove they have (yet another) "valid" reason to tax you. and of course who does this hurt most, but the less well off, with winter coming up, who's going to hurt most from energy taxation?

the carbon trading market completely collapsed and died for a reason - while governments are perfectly willing to put other people's money with their mouthpiece is, investors are not willing to put their own money on such shaky ground.

as usual, cui bono???

With you it is all about money and you don't give a damn about the human impact on the environment! Get your tin foil hat on.

haha, better or worse than being all about the environment and hell with human suffering induced by runaway governments and other entities raping whatever they may from the populace?

I'm distinguishing between environmental rape and mathematical/statistical rape. you guys are willing to accept the latter so long as it supports the assertions of the former.

• Like 1

haha, better or worse than being all about the environment and hell with human suffering induced by runaway governments and other entities raping whatever they may from the populace?

I'm distinguishing between environmental rape and mathematical/statistical rape. you guys are willing to accept the latter so long as it supports the assertions of the former.

You know nothing about statistical analysis in this regard! What you have parroted here is what you have been told to post, by Anthony Watts et al. Just keep up the deception which you are responsible for.

Edited by ralis

lol, I know enough to see a bastardization of the term "statistical significance" when I see it. *cough*yamal*cough*

True. Reminds me of my parents. When they hear anything about chi (TV, online, etc.) they automatically associate it with "newage stuff". Really annoys me what newagers have done.

Yup, no one will ever be able to take it seriously and if someone like Chang were to win the Randi Foundation challenge all the ***hat newagers would be screaming from the rooftops about how that vindicates their stupid newage bs practices that don't actually do anything.

It's a shame really.

• Like 2

lol, I know enough to see a bastardization of the term "statistical significance" when I see it. *cough*yamal*cough*

Statistical significance is a very basic term. Has nothing to do with absolute certainty which you seem to equate with.

Edited by ralis

Part of the downfall is the lack of excellence in science and math education. Students in general are not well taught to engage in critical analysis. For this reason, the AGW skeptics and creationists with their mythology of 'creation science', are preventing progress in finding solutions to environmental problems, as well as social problems. The 'Tea Bagger' party is pushing for more cuts in NASA, science education, environmental research, the arts and any program that is for the greater good as opposed to selfish interests, where few benefit.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/03/ocean-acidification-due-to-carbon-emissions-is-at-highest-for-300-million-years/

http://www.stateoftheocean.org/

Edited by ralis

too many pervs in the U.S. Sex sells and then turns people into dopamine addicts - hardwired to be fascist brown shirts for corporate imperial U.S.A.

There's no point talking to mind-controlled pervs - they are not going to change their views based on words. Only a serious qigong master spirit rewiring will do it. haha.

The earth is 4.5 billion years old and that is a fact. So far your arguments are not based on anything but conjecture.

What is the so called legit science to creationism?

Not really. People teach it like a fact in schools but that's not really true. I going to be honest with you; I'm not really a creationist or an evolutionist. I see problems with both. Do you know much about evolution? Because if so I have a question for you. I could just be ignorant because I haven't studied evolution in depth but I have basic knowledge; earth is 4.5 billion years old, humanity appeared around 50,000 years ago, survival of the fittest caused life to advance, etc.

Give me a bit and I'll compile some.

Why not stay on point? If you are in the least bit curious, then Dr. Michael Mann's excellent work on AGW is a place to start. However, judging from your insistence that belief and scientific research are equivalent, then anyone can make any absurd claim and call it science. E.g. intelligent design which is religious mythology is not science and can never be equated as such.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/holocene/public_html/Mann/index.php

I not really a big fan of talking about politics, global warming, world events, etc. but I'll look into it. Honestly it all seems like a big crappy mess to me that I'd rather stay out of. I regret posting on this thread. People will ramble on and on and on about this stuff.

humanity appeared around 50,000 years ago, survival of the fittest caused life to advance, etc.

wrong.

Humanity appeared around 100,000 years ago and the original human culture lived peacefully until modern civilization with the iron age intervened, the Bantus enslaving the Bushmen Khoisan, after the Bantus developed iron technology and chariots, etc. from the Western ASian civilizations.

"survival of the fittest" - the most misunderstood concept of ecology and evolution.

Read E.O. Wilson's new book "Social Conquest of Nature."

But I doubt you would want to invest the effort.

Anyway here's a good doc on "survival of the fittest" scam:

• Like 1

wrong. Humanity appeared around 100,000 years ago and the original human culture lived peacefully until modern civilization with the iron age intervened, the Bantus enslaving the Bushmen Khoisan, after the Bantus developed iron technology and chariots, etc. from the Western ASian civilizations. "survival of the fittest" - the most misunderstood concept of ecology and evolution. Read E.O. Wilson's new book "Social Conquest of Nature." But I doubt you would want to invest the effort. Anyway here's a good doc on "survival of the fittest" scam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FmEjDaWqA4][/url]

100,000 years whatever.

The idea is that the evolution of life occured through random mutations and survival of the fittest right?

I studied evolution in biology class and have watch Richard Dawkins a lot. I'm not going to talk like I'm an expert and know exactly what I'm talking about because I'm not, but that's pretty much what I've always heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by KenBrace

Is this thread still abou the decline of the USA? If it is, I was there not long ago and the anxiety behind the eyes of virtually every person I met was palpable. People here in Germany are stressed out, worked to death and all that, but they're still grounded in the real world. Americans have lost contact to reality. They're floating, like kites without strings.

I don't know when it happened but I assume 9/11 played a role.