soaring crane

Baolin Wu - 9 Palaces practice discussion

Hi,

I'd be interested in a discussion about the 9 Palaces Qigong from Baolin Wu's book, 'Qigong for total wellness'. What I'm mostly interested in is the nuts and bolts of the exercises themselves; the structure and timing of the meditations/practices. I find the book very inspirational but I'm having trouble putting together a cohesive practice plan based on what I read. Has anyone here got good solid experience with this system? What does your daily (monthly, yearly) practice look like?

• Like 1

The system description that is on his website is pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind hearing from people who have been to a seminar of his.

• Like 1

Just as an FYI, he has an upcoming (June 30) workshop listed in the events thread.

but probably not in Germany ;)

Yes, the ear massage is quite easy to follow along with and put into practice, but the later exercises ... not so much. I'd really like to see what an experienced practitioner looks like when performing them, or an entire routine based on the sequence. That's what's missing in the book (for me); a kind of summary or organised step-by-step chart, some structure of any kind.

I'll dig out some specific examples of what I mean later.

Thank you all for replying :)

I have often thought about purchasing that book after hearing good things about it and the practice.

Especially when I read of Dr. Wu’s Daoist Aunt, Cheng Yu Li who was 140 years old in 2006. I'm not sure if she's still alive but that is a good advert for any cultivation system.

I'd be interested also to hear from anyone who has practiced this for a while.

Good topic soaring crane !

• Like 1

Viator knows the practice and learned it directly from a students of Wu's, not the book. We've chatted in pm.

He's a nice guy I'd ask him about it.

"I studied under one of Wu's direct students for several years, specifically working with the nine palaces. I found the practice to be very beneficial, though I was much earlier in my work. I have actually been looking to start working with it again independently, and picked up Qi Gong For Total Wellness for a refresher to the work. I have attended one of his small lectures on Feng Shui and found the material to be at a level that was a bit over my head at the time. Just for perspective, Wu is, as I understand the matter, the 18th transmitter of the Dragon Gate sect of Taoism from the White Cloud monastery."

http://thetaobums.com/topic/7931-dr-baolin-wu-white-cloud-monastery/?p=361964

Best,

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 2

Viator knows the practice and learned it directly from a students of Wu's, not the book. We've chatted in pm.

good to know, thank you :)

I should add that I did use the search function to see if there was a dedicated thread, but of course didn't see the one you posted here....

also, haha, found this statement in the thread:

"Scotty, thanks for leading me on to this book! This book is awesome and strangely underrated! But I found it somewhat difficult to read. It would take a while to read, extract practicable information, organize it and formulate some sort of a manual. But it seems it is worth doing all that."

Now I don't feel so all alone.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 2

I phoned Wu's office asking if they have dvd on the 9 Palaces. They wrote back that they have video tapes of his seminar teaching the method for $530. This was the best laugh I have had all day during this severe snow storm in south central PA.

Well, time for me to practice Pangu Mystical Shengong.

My aunt is 93 now and I recall she smoked about 3 packs of cigarettes and drank tons of coffee. I will see if can make a video of that method which has served her well and then market it.

• Like 2

I phoned Wu's office asking if they have dvd on the 9 Palaces. They wrote back that they have video tapes of his seminar teaching the method for $530. This was the best laugh I have had all day during this severe snow storm in south central PA.

My aunt is 93 now and I recall she smoked about 3 packs of cigarettes and drank tons of coffee. I will see if can make a video of that method which has served her well and then market it.

What would have happend if she had not smoke and drink coffee and exercised Qigong with that body.

What a waste of potential!

Videotapes......what age we now.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's not such an unusual price for that sort of thing. The system is good, I'm sure. I do my own interpretation of many of the techniques in the book. But as I wrote earlier, I havent really been able to put together a comprehensive set of exercises based on the book.

Still one of the most interesting and valuable books I've come across yet.

I'd forgotten all about this thread btw...

Edited by soaring crane

Forgot - I read a short blurb recently of a snake handler who injected himself with tiny amounts of venom over his career, built up an immunity to snake bites, and lived to be, I think it was 103 years old. I'll have to check on the age.

Sounds like a technique worth investigating ;)

Edit: it was 101 yrs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Haast

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

Yeah, I also just laughed...because $530,00 IS EXTREMELY INEXPENSIVE!!!

IF the DVD's / videotapes in fact teach the complete indoor-student method that Wu's master successfully used to attain RAINBOW BODY, the highest human achievement possible:

http://www.drbaolinwu.com/9palaces.htm

There are 9 degrees to the 9 palaces. The Rainbow Body, a reflection of the highest aspect of this practice, is how the body becomes Qi when a Master leaves this world. Dr. Wu witnessed the Rainbow Body of his teacher, Du Dao Zhang, whose body disintegrated and disappeared in a cloud of red smoke as a ray of ligh t was seen in the direction of the Sun. Dr. Wu’s teacher told him that if he were to forget everything else, the 9 Palaces would be the most important knowledge to retain.

Edited by Dorian Black