Maddie

How do you calculate Karma astrologically

Basically the title says it all. I know that Karma can be calculated by astrological means, I just wonder if anyone here knows how, and if there is a simple way to explain it? I realize this is asking a lot.

You can see astrologically what karma you were born with.

We are born with specific karma which needs to be addressed.

Karma is not fixed, free will and grace give you the way to change it.

The best you can do is do good actions not to create new bad karma.

you can get your birth chart read by Vedic astrologers.

Can you recommend a good one that is available online/by email, alwayson?

I'd like to get a vedic chart done.

There are two different parts. First you have to get a your birth chart printed out by a Vedic astrology computer program. And then you take it to a jyotishi who interprets it. And there are 2 different formats used by jyotishis, so its best to print out both formats.

The jyotishi I know is a local Brahmin priest who doesn't speak English, so I don't have any recommendations for jyotishi.

Edited by alwayson

you can get your birth chart read by Vedic astrologers.

Or a Western, or, a Chinese. There is a vast difference in skill regardless of tradition. dmwatts will not find a genius just by going into a random temple or looking up the yellow pages.

• Like 1

Or a Western, or, a Chinese. There is a vast difference in skill regardless of tradition. dmwatts will not find a genius just by going into a random temple or looking up the yellow pages.

Karma is an Indian concept, so I assume he meant Indian astrology.

• Like 1

My mum said these are really good (20 years ago though), but you know also she is not always right :D:P .

Anyaway you can check it out here:

http://www.maharishiyagya.org/

• Like 1

Hiya.

I don't think that one's Karma can be entirely known through using any type of astrology. It could be thought of as only half the picture....

At this moment there are many many babies being born into this world....

Of course it cannot be said they all share the same karmic make-up, they will all have entirely different lives.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the Taoist term for one's karma is 'ming'-- translating as 'curriculum' or 'fate'. When one is born, the karma is determined partly from the timing and position of the heavenly bodies- this aspect it related to one's Shen. It is also determined from our Earthly inheritance- our parents- this relates to our Jing. So one's Karma/life course/Qi is a coming together of Jing and Shen.

So, to get a fuller understanding of one's Karma we must take into consideration not only astrology but also morphology- the signs that can be read from one's hands, face, bodily form and character. And even if we can find someone skilled enough to read all this, I still don't reckon it's the whole picture. To really get a handle on it takes 'meditation kung-fu', great skill in perception. This is actually considered one of the 5 traditional Buddhist Siddhis.... to know ones karma is not simple matter.

A

• Like 2

You could try numerology?

http://cafeastrology.com/numerology2/

History @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology

Modern numerology often contains aspects of a variety of ancient cultures and teachers, including Babylonia, Pythagoras and his followers (Greece, 6th century B.C.), astrological philosophy from Hellenistic Alexandria, early Christian mysticism, early Gnostics, the Hebrew system of the Kabbalah, The Hindu Vedas, the Chinese "Circle of the Dead", Egyptian "Book of the Masters of the Secret House" (Ritual of the Dead).[6]

Pythagoras and other philosophers of the time believed that because mathematical concepts were more "practical" (easier to regulate and classify) than physical ones, they had greater actuality. St. Augustine of Hippo (A.D. 354–430) wrote "Numbers are the Universal language offered by the deity to humans as confirmation of the truth." Similar to Pythagoras, he too believed that everything had numerical relationships and it was up to the mind to seek and investigate the secrets of these relationships or have them revealed by divine grace. See Numerology and the Church Fathers for early Christian views. However, that does not mean that Pythagoras had coined himself the system one calls numerology. Pythagoras had only paved the way to the observation of numbers as archetypes rather than mere numerals.

In 325 A.D., following the First Council of Nicaea, departures from the beliefs of the state Church were classified as civil violations within the Roman Empire. Numerology had not found favor with the Christian authority of the day and was assigned to the field of unapproved beliefs along with astrology and other forms of divination and "magic".[citation needed] Despite this religious purging, the spiritual significance assigned to the heretofore "sacred" numbers had not disappeared; several numbers, such as the "Jesus number" have been commented and analyzed by Dorotheus of Gaza and numerology still is used at least in conservative Greek Orthodox circles.[7][8] Numerology is prominent throughout Sir Thomas Browne's 1658 literary Discourse The Garden of Cyrus. Throughout its pages the author attempts to demonstrate that the number five and the related Quincunx pattern can be found throughout the arts, in design, and in nature – particularly botany.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Whats that?

Have a look at this http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8774442-truth-of-ups-downs-cosmic-inequality

I've been looking all over for a decent introduction on it but haven't really found what I'm looking for yet. This seems to align with what I've found out about it so far from getting readings. And so far it has been accurate for me.

I also had a Jyotish reading and it seemed to me to be a mix of astrology and cold-reading.

I tend to believe Edgar Cayce on this one -- he asserted that karma is not just individual but collective, and you have to pay for (or balance out, whichever terminology you prefer) what members of your family, social class, gender, age group, country, nation, religion, race, species have done to members of other families, social classes, gender, age groups, countries, nations, religions, races, species. If you take a good hard clear historically accurate look at that kind of math, you've calculated 99% of your karma. The rest, your own minor transgressions, is easy to amend. But try amending the destruction of 99% of indigenous people everywhere... Karma to the rescue.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Karma is a funny thing...

Something bad happens to someone and they say... oh well karma will get them...

But it never seems to occur to them that maybe they are paying a debt?

If we look at Spanish conquest of South America... at the time the Aztec were ritual sacrificing the surrounding tribal communities? hot beating hearts cut from live bodies etc?

If we look at Africa...+ the history of slave trading African kings + cannabilism + witchcraft ... people are still to this day being killed and used in such practices.

More Africa...

According to a Human Rights Commission report submitted to the TRC (Truth and Reconciliation Commission) in 1997 the number of blacks that died during Apartheid (1948 to 1989) was 7 000.
Compared to 14 000 for the period 1990 to 1994.
Compared to 174 220 for the period 1994 to 2000 (under Nelson Mandela)
The report also states that about 92% of deaths were caused by 'black-on-black' violence. (1990 to 1994)

(For some perspective... world wide there are 125,000 abortions per day. http://www.worldometers.info/abortions/ ... // also 150 billion animals are slaughtered every year globally http://www.adaptt.org/killcounter.html... what type of karma do you think this generates?)

I was watching a documentary about shamanism in one of the remaining remote Amazon tribes (from memory) ... still cutting off each others heads... shrinking them and stitching up the openings (eyes, mouth etc) to trap the spirit?

By your reasoning all these beings ^ deserved such. (karma is the only driving force)

What I am saying is the world isn't a James Cameron "Avatar" hollywood flick. Though that is what they want you to believe.

The world is a brutal place and few could claim total innocence (as collective groups)

> I don't believe karma is true... not from what I have seen of this world.

It seems evil goes unchecked and justice rarely done... all peoples, all times.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

In other words, "as long as the wolf does not have his historian, the hunter will always be the hero."

as long as the wolf does not have his historian, the hunter will always be the hero.

I'd say that to be true.

Things are generally more complex.

Ok another question that is kind of related. Is anyone familiar with Planet meditations? There is this one guy at my school who is a yoga instructor. Last fall he taught these planet mantra-meditations to harness the power of the various planets for various purposes. Does anyone have personal experience with this? For example if you want to increase your luck but you don't have a lot of merit and/or you do have a lot of bad karma, is doing a Jupiter meditation going to help much?

Yes I have experience with almost exactly that. If they have the navagrahas, you can do astrological pujas at a hindu temple. I had a Jupiter puja done once, since I have an astrological problem with jupiter. Then I was given the bija mantra for Jupiter, along with a bracelet made of strings, each string being one of the 5 colors.

Edited by alwayson