Marblehead

Watching The Birds

It's been interesting watching the pigeons jostle for position to get at the bread I throw out each morning.

Self adjusting chaos. Wings fluttering, beaks snatching, bread crumbs flying all around.

It's more akin to watching velociraptors deconstruct a corpse than vegetarians eating grain product.

It's been interesting watching the pigeons jostle for position to get at the bread I throw out each morning.

Self adjusting chaos. Wings fluttering, beaks snatching, bread crumbs flying all around.

It's more akin to watching velociraptors deconstruct a corpse than vegetarians eating grain product.

Hehehe. And there is always the one horny male trying to get every female but all they are interested in is getting some of the food before it's all gone.

this week we've had a delightful visit from a robin, twice in fact.

our wood pigeons have also graced us with their presence too.

always makes me feel good!

Namaste,

gentle

• Like 2

I love Robins. When I was a kid living in northern Ohio I saw the all year except the dead of winter. Here in Florida I see them only when they are passing through headed either north or south to some other place and they are here for only one or two days.

Not much bird activity here right now. Mostly just the sparrows, finches, doves and pigeons.

A couple days ago I was doing something in my workshop and had the door open. I happened to look up at the door and there was a finch (pretty yellow belly), sitting on the top of the door, checking out what I was doing in there.

Still lots of butterflies though. But mostly only on sunny days. I don't see them much when the skies are cloudy.

we only get to see the Robin in November usually, so he's turned up a month early.

The weather here is far from normal, and we have only seen the Sun once in two weeks! Not sure if folks are aware of chemtrails(been researching them for 15 yrs), but what happens is 'they' spray the sky and then soon afterwards these chemtrails morph into clouds; and this coincides with the arrival of the Sun as it journeys towards sunset. Coincidence? No! Geo-engineering is real and has been going on for years.

Namaste,

gentle

I'm not quite ready to accept the chemtrail idea yet. But I have moved from denying it to it being a good possibility.

Seeding wouldn't be a bad idea for parts of the planet that doesn't get enough rain.

I haven't had any rain in almost two weeks and this is my rainy season. I've had lots of clouds though. I had to water the gardens again this morning.

I have no idea how the birds are doing today. Haven't looked for them or even put food out. I guess I should go do that.

I must thank you for reminding me that i dreamt about robins this morning :D

More rain talk.... I must bitch.

Four months no rain... I blame myself for living in the desert...

Yeah, sometimes it really doesn't rain in California.

Ah! Dreams of Robins. I hope they were nice Robins and not like the mean Ravens in the Movie "Birds".

The last few weeks have been revealing as regards to chemtrails! They now expand and become clouds at a quicker rate than ever before. in the last two weeks we have seen the Sun once! As we live near the airport we are well versed in the activities of aircraft, and know the difference between a contrail and a chemtrail!!!

No robin for a few days, sadly!

Namaste,

gentle

Yeah, back to the Robins. I'm not going to let you take this thread to a discussion of chemtrails. You've done a good job with the subject in other threads.

I've been busy today up till 1:30 and haven't even looked for any birds. Haven't even fed them today yet. They eat in the late afternoon so they will at least get supper.

My little tribe of pigeons recognize me walking home now and gather outside our balcony for the daily feed.

Here are a couple of the regulars we see at the beach

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Pigeons are pretty smart birds. They know very well how to take advantage of a situation.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Pigeons are pretty smart birds. They know very well how to take advantage of a situation.

Definitely. They keep an eye on our balcony from a few blocks away.

Often when I step out to water the plants or take a breath break, they'll flock over expecting to muscle me.

My wife and son get no such honor.

I've never been put off by pigeons.

I find the way their neck feathers catch light dazzling; reminds me of the way flourite glows under UV light.

• Like 1

Yeah, back to the Robins. I'm not going to let you take this thread to a discussion of chemtrails. You've done a good job with the subject in other threads.

I've been busy today up till 1:30 and haven't even looked for any birds. Haven't even fed them today yet. They eat in the late afternoon so they will at least get supper.

I was merely responding to your comments regarding chemtrails and wasn't about to derail this wonderful bird thread.

Namaste,

gentle

I was merely responding to your comments regarding chemtrails and wasn't about to derail this wonderful bird thread.

Namaste,

gentle

Hehehe. I know. But I had to stop my responses so that I would not be a part of derailing it. I welcome you sharing what you have regarding the birds.

This may appear as an attempt to derail, but allow me to explain why bird watching and chemtrails do go hand in hand. My favorite bird is the sea gull, I love watching these huge birds fly and soar, kind of like a meditation for me; so with my gaze fixed upon the skies for long periods this crosses over into my other interest - chemtrails, so its like 'killing'(sic) two birds with one stone. And that concludes my digression, from this point onwards I will not mention the 'c' word in this thread again.

Today our feathered guests include blue tits, watching them dart about in nooks and crannies at speed is a joy to behold! I often say to Mrs Gentlewind that I'd be a disaster as a bird as I'm heavy handed and clumsy! I'd be forever in bird casualty!

So here's a question: What bird would you be? And why?

Me, I'd be a sea gull. When I spent four months in hospital some years back I struck up a friendship with a sea gull who would visit me, he had an ulterior motive - food! But until then I'd not realised how big these birds were! I'd spend hours watching these graceful birds flying from building to building. Helped me keep my sanity!!!

Namaste,

gentle

• Like 3

So here's a question: What bird would you be? And why?

Me, I'd be a sea gull. When I spent four months in hospital some years back I struck up a friendship with a sea gull who would visit me, he had an ulterior motive - food! But until then I'd not realised how big these birds were! I'd spend hours watching these graceful birds flying from building to building. Helped me keep my sanity!!!

Namaste,

gentle

I would want to be one of the hawks or vultures. They get up in the thermals and just float around with no effort. See some food, down I go. Getting back up into the air is always a hastle though what with the belly full.

No birds at my place yet that I have seen. Maybe they partied late and are sleeping in.

• Like 1

I know this would be an oddball choice, but , this particular bird has impressed me with its unflappable attitude , it glides effortlessly high above, or skimming the waves , it plunge dives for its meals , and spends most of its time at the beach. So a brown pelican seems like a good choice to me -if I can pick for the next go round.

• Like 3

passenger pigeon is no longer an option.i like that merganser i saw last week. but bluejays have always been there for me and more recently the crow. tough choice, maybe a quaker parrot

ok, this morning a male bluejay when he saw me walking thru campus, really starting screaking at me loud loud loud and he wouldnt let up until i walked into a building. quaker parrots are cool and all.......and i didnt intend to insult bluejays. like i said they have always been there for me and i guess they always will be.

bluejay.jpg

• Like 2

ok, this morning a male bluejay when he saw me walking thru campus, really starting screaking at me loud loud loud and he wouldnt let up until i walked into a building. quaker parrots are cool and all.......and i didnt intend to insult bluejays. like i said they have always been there for me and i guess they always will be.

bluejay.jpg

Although we have amazing birds here we don't have birds here anything like this. So to me this is a very rare and fantastic bird ... I just cant imagine them flying around and being part of it all bluejays have always done that to me .. it seems like something out of a fantasy!

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1