sree

The Tao of Dying

So the guy comes back, and then he became a christian priest. He is where he needs to be. Without knowing more details about him, his upbringing and religious tendencies etc, I can only guess as to why he swallowed the religious propaganda. Maybe he had been to church as a child, or had friends who were christian. Maybe he still has past life issues connected to a life/s as a christian. Somewhere in his infinite Consciousness was something connected to christianity, and due to the event of him dying his Consciousness latched onto it - a reaction to the shock possibly ?

Synchronicity.

Love that stuff man!

Have an awesome day Bums and thanks for the great flux of bones for my mind to chew on!

I'm off to a BBQ with the family, but a part of me will be mulling over all this great stuff all day long.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

Wow, that is one whopper of a NDE. I don't even know how you call it 'Near'.. three days is about as in depth as you can get!

George gives a good description of his experience of non-duality.

"God, I believe, is even more than the light, because God is also darkness. God is everything that exists, everything - and that is beyond our ability to comprehend at all."

^^^I prefer the term Source as the term/word g_d has been defiled by they clergy.^^^ But, yes I love this !

While I don't have a sense of a God with a personality. I get what he's talking about, his description of the Void is something I experienced in an OBE.

Agreed.

"I didn't experience any sense of guilt or remorse for things I'd done. I didn't feel one way or another about my failures, faults, or achievements. All I felt was my life for what it is. And I was content with that. I accepted my life for what it is."

Here is where it gets so tricky when trying to discuss the non-dual state. Because the mind gets involved and we're mired in association with Yin/Yang and the non-dual state is lost in this.

His lack of guilt or remorse over failures or faults, his lack of joy in the triumphs... allude to this state of being beyond either yin or yang. It's incomprehensible when engaged in the identifying with anything process. But the sense of everything being right, or perfect is there and it's undeniable when you experience it, even when you can't give 'an answer'. There is no need for an answer, the reality is that all is right.

Absolutely ! When this is remembered by each soul on this planet then we will be in for an amazing ride. I have experienced this state a few times and words cannot convey the Eternal Beauty of this.

Rilke is one of my favorite poets, not surprising to me he would lean on her to aid his attempt to describe his experience.

In the end, live the questions. Live in love.

What a great story, thanks for finding that link gentlewind.

My pleasure :)

Namaste,

gentlewind

Edited by gentlewind
  • Like 1

You are the observer on one end, while ultimate reality us on the other. You are connected and essentially the same.

Between you stands something else, the collective of your sense consciousness.

It's function is to obstruct the direct perception of reality, by distorting it. Like a light prism.

This is why in BUDDHAOISM we are instructed to detach from the senses and cut off the 5 thieves.

Ok, the premise here is that the senses are in the way and they distort perception. What are the instructions for cutting off the 5 thieves? (I tried web searching "Buddhaoism" and couldn't find it.)

When the senses are out of the way you will not simply perceive original reality unobstructed, but you will realize your are one and the same and instead of experiencing reality, you become aware of the fact that you ARE reality.

A person born blind and deaf could still smell, taste and touch. There are three more senses in the way and need to be knocked out.

What is the benefit of becoming reality if it entails bestowing upon oneself total disability?

Synchronicity.

Love that stuff man!

Have an awesome day Bums and thanks for the great flux of bones for my mind to chew on!

I'm off to a BBQ with the family, but a part of me will be mulling over all this great stuff all day long.

Have a wonderful time Silent Thunder, and thanks for your contribution. You've added to the thread and I am learning more from you !

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 1

When you get back from the barbecue, tell me more about your love of other cultures. Have you visited many places abroad? And did your wife cook that spicy shrimp curry herself or took it out of an Indian restaurant?

Ok, the premise here is that the senses are in the way and they distort perception. What are the instructions for cutting off the 5 thieves? (I tried web searching "Buddhaoism" and couldn't find it.)

A person born blind and deaf could still smell, taste and touch. There are three more senses in the way and need to be knocked out.

What is the benefit of becoming reality if it entails bestowing upon oneself total disability?

Reality Unfolding,

unarguable.

Perfect. It is 'what is'.

We are That Is,

in miniature form,

experiencing 'what is' and being 'what is'.

We attach our ideas and arguments for and against living in such a way

Never knowing the full facts. It is beyond our comprehension.

Namaste,

gentlewind

You wanted some evidence regarding the Russian man's story and you still have a gripe !!! You now want more information - sree, go and Google whatever further information you want.

I don't need further information. The Russian was not dead and woke up the moment he was cut.

So the guy comes back, and then he became a christian priest. He is where he needs to be. Without knowing more details about him, his upbringing and religious tendencies etc, I can only guess as to why he swallowed the religious propaganda. Maybe he had been to church as a child, or had friends who were christian. Maybe he still has past life issues connected to a life/s as a christian. Somewhere in his infinite Consciousness was something connected to christianity, and due to the event of him dying his Consciousness latched onto it - a reaction to the shock possibly ? The power of conditioning). So an explanation has been offered.

So, going Home does not wise people up? If after all that near-death experiences of Home we still come back as bozos, what is the value of going Home? It's so depressing. We might as well all just drop dead with no afterlife and be done with it.

You are now reminding me of someone from my distant past ! Funny enough he was an annoying christian whom I defeated in an argument about reincarnation) ;)

I do look forward to being defeated by you, Gentlewind. I've never been beaten at the game of poker. I don't think I can ever lose. How's that for self-confidence?

I don't need further information. The Russian was not dead and woke up the moment he was cut.

OK dr sree :blink:

So, going Home does not wise people up? If after all that near-death experiences of Home we still come back as bozos, what is the value of going Home? It's so depressing. We might as well all just drop dead with no afterlife and be done with it.

Each 'case' is different. Their isn't a set manual sree. Some come back and live exemplary lives, others may not; this is the human race after all. Wouldn't expect it any other way. :)

I do look forward to being defeated by you, Gentlewind. I've never been beaten at the game of poker. I don't think I can ever lose. How's that for self-confidence?

I don't play poker. I wasn't trying to give you false hope of my engaging in this poker game you want so badly, it triggered a memory in which I defeated a pesky christian.

As for self confidence how about self deluded :D

As for poker players, I knew some back in the early 80's who would take you to the cleaners sree ! They were good.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Reality Unfolding,

unarguable.

Perfect. It is 'what is'.

We are That Is,

in miniature form,

experiencing 'what is' and being 'what is'.

We attach our ideas and arguments for and against living in such a way

Never knowing the full facts. It is beyond our comprehension.

If it is beyond our comprehension, then we don't understand it. Until we get the full facts, we will just have to dump it. Correct?

If it is beyond our comprehension, then we don't understand it. Until we get the full facts, we will just have to dump it. Correct?

Of course it is beyond our comprehension and the result is what you see unfolding before your eyes. We are a mess, a big huge monstrous mess(but its still perfect). So much is beyond our comprehension

like how war doesn't result in peace.

But, we must soldier on and attempt to discover the full facts, this is part of our Journey.

I threw a couple of 'puns' in just for you sree :D

Live from the Heart, make decisions based on Love.

Spend time looking within.

Laugh often.

Smile at trees, say hello and even hug a tree. I have. Wonderful.

We are All One.

Family.

We just haven't comprehended this.

Meditate on the art of dying. Visualize those loved one's you want to see. Be prepared, but not stressed.

Just Be.

Namaste,

gentlewind

By the way, Gentlewind, do you do your 5-hour thing around the same time? Give me the time window. I will drop in and help you pass the time. :D

When you get back from the barbecue, tell me more about your love of other cultures. Have you visited many places abroad? And did your wife cook that spicy shrimp curry herself or took it out of an Indian restaurant?

Hey Sree. I have traveled extensively but only in America, Canada and Mexico.

My experience with other cultures has come mainly from living in NYC for 7 years after college and then spending the last 13 in LA. We are blessed now to have 3 families from Pakistan, 1 from Macedonia and 2 from Mexico living right nearby. Our neighborhood is also heavily Asian and Middle Eastern. Makes for a great mix of people and smells around dinner time.

Never have made the trip across the pond, but it will happen.

My son is old enough now to remember things (the first trips I recall well were when I was about 7), so we're planning on going to Europe in the next year or two. My wife has a house on the North Sea that was her Oma's. The family rents it out during the summer, for folks coming to take advantage of the health benefits of the area, so we'll go hang out there, then catch a boat and do some camping up in Norway.

I have a few other places on my bucket list. Tibet. Wu Dang Mtn. Thailand and Machu Picchu. We'll see how things play out.

As for the spicy shrimp, the one she was eating the night I was posting was from a Thai restaurant we always go to when we see a movie. But she makes a killer coconut milk curry for me from time to time that makes me melt. I'm really blessed.

Dang, even after stuffing myself with grilled veggies n pie, my stomach is telling me to get some of that going right now lol.

Well, time for a brief sitting meditation and then hopefully some killer lucid dreams.

Cheers!

By the way, Gentlewind, do you do your 5-hour thing around the same time? Give me the time window. I will drop in and help you pass the time. :D

Do you like the 'night shift' sree ! :D

I do enJoy listening to the dawn chorus.

Bliss.

Namaste,

gentlewind :)

As for self confidence how about self deluded :D

As for poker players, I knew some back in the early 80's who would take you to the cleaners sree ! They were good.

No one can beat me at poker when I am certain that every card in the deck is a blank card.

Is my self-confidence a state of self-delusion?

The Tao Te Ching says that, in life,

Three out of ten who don't know, want to know

Three out of ten who don't know, don't care to know

Three out of then who don't know, claim to know.

I am playing against the three who claim to know. They are the theist, the atheist, and the spiritualist. They want me to believe that they are not holding blank cards and have higher hands than mine.

Quite right ! Spin your head around again Pretty please.

Wow, I wish you had not reposted that youtube link in your reply. That's one horrid picture.

• Like 1

No one can beat me at poker when I am certain that every card in the deck is a blank card.

you can never be certain.

Is my self-confidence a state of self-delusion?

you are the victim sree.

The Tao Te Ching says that, in life,

Three out of ten who don't know, want to know

Three out of ten who don't know, don't care to know

Three out of then who don't know, claim to know.

I am playing against the three who claim to know. They are the theist, the atheist, and the spiritualist. They want me to believe that they are not holding blank cards and have higher hands than mine.

sree, always competitive ! always certain of being the winner, and here is the card for you - the one you dread -your the Loser.

Step onto the court certain that you'll be the best you can be, that is all that is required. their are no winners or losers.

Once your mind hooks onto the bait that I am a winner, then all is lost and you have failed before you've started.

I don't play games sree. I leave that for those who wish to be disconnected from the flow.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Hey Sree. I have traveled extensively but only in America, Canada and Mexico.

My experience with other cultures has come mainly from living in NYC for 7 years after college and then spending the last 13 in LA. We are blessed now to have 3 families from Pakistan, 1 from Macedonia and 2 from Mexico living right nearby. Our neighborhood is also heavily Asian and Middle Eastern. Makes for a great mix of people and smells around dinner time.

Diversity is a liberal value. This is not the universal principle of the Dao that celebrates no culture.

As for the spicy shrimp, the one she was eating the night I was posting was from a Thai restaurant we always go to when we see a movie. But she makes a killer coconut milk curry for me from time to time that makes me melt. I'm really blessed.

Do you think that a man's life is not complete without a woman? I am not talking about sex. I am talking about a natural balance that draws the two together?

Dang, even after stuffing myself with grilled veggies n pie, my stomach is telling me to get some of that going right now lol.

Well, time for a brief sitting meditation and then hopefully some killer lucid dreams.

What is the significance of dreams to you?

Diversity is a liberal value. This is not the universal principle of the Dao that celebrates no culture.

Do you think that a man's life is not complete without a woman? I am not talking about sex. I am talking about a natural balance that draws the two together?

What is the significance of dreams to you?

mmm toast is yummy!

Whats the rush?

A-players always rush.

Our reality is the prison that I need to get out of without delay. Silent Thunder and others here talk about lucid dreams. Isn't this reality lucid enough of a dream? You don't wake up even if you bang your head on the wall in great pain and blood streams down your face.

I don't think one can break out of this reality prison in a sudden Zen awakening. If this is true, according to the Mahayana Buddhist, we would all have been freed 2,500 years ago when the Buddha awakened to the truth that the self is an illusion. But I am not free and still stuck in this space-time lucid dream even though I do realize that the self is an illusion. I know there is only the body walking around. It will eventually breakdown and die.

I don't want to die a bozo. We are like mountain climbers who never get to reach the top but fall off the rock face - all of us. Does that make sense to you? Every time some other climber goes whizzing past me on his way down, I hear that sickening thud and ask why? I am told there are now 7 billion bozos in existence climbing up the mountain side. With an average annual death rate of 5%, that means there are one million bozos dying every day and about 11 every second. Thud, thud, thud...I could be next.

I think this lucid dream reality prison has a lock with multiple pin tumblers and not a simple lock with just one pin. Opening this lock is like cracking a safe with multiple combinations. The Buddha discovered the first combination: the self is an illusion. And that was only the first step to cracking the safe. There was no liberation, no Nirvana. This is why we are still locked in.

We need to find the next combination to the safe. This lock may have only two pin tumblers and the next combination could free us all.

Edited by sree

You don't wake up even if you bang your head on the wall in great pain and blood streams down your face.

When I was in first grade I held my breath till I passed out, thereby hitting my head on a couple tile walls and the cement floor and I woke up with blood streaming down the back of my skull.

Then I read that according to Western science what I did was impossible - the intention to hold the breath till you pass out is supposed to be over-ridden by the anterior cingulate gyrus - which is part of the deeper limbic brain - so it overpowers the cerebral cortex intention to hold the breath.

Only somehow in first grade I disproved science.

So then my book friend told me he came across an anthropology book on the first sherpas to climb mount Everest - to get hired for the job they had to hold their breath till they passed out. Showing they had the will power for breath control. So that meant obviously this ability was well known in non-Western cultures but the Western mind is too weak to consider it a possibility.

So I meditated on how, as a first grader, I was able to do what is still considered scientifically impossible. Then I read this book by Professor Michael Lesy - called Heroes - it's about totally normal people who are basically underachievers but lurking inside them is some seriously repressed emotional energy. Then out of the blue an emergency circumstance appears requiring some human to display supernatural powers - and presto! These people suddenly come to life. He had investigated their backgrounds and in each case the person has some serious trauma that they had emotionally repressed and so they had all this stored up emotional energy.

It's like the story qigong master Chunyi Lin tells about how there was an earthquake in China and this old lady was trapped under rubble for a week and when she was saved and asked how she survived - she said she had been so mad at her neighbor that she wanted to stay alive to get revenge. haha.

So then upon meditation I realized that what happened is that in first grade this girl had this crush on me because I used to stick my chest out when I walked around the classroom to try to impress the girls. I didn't like this girl but she kept saying my name backwards spelled "Weird" and so I had to ask the teacher if this was true. Then the older females -- the mothers and my older sister -- conspired to force me to go on a date with this girl - we went ice skating and then I went to her apartment and I ate goldfish crackers on her carpet. I was nice about it of course but I felt like I had been treated like a piece of meat. I had no choice in the matter. If the girl is out there reading this - hey nothing personal - it wasn't about you - it was just I was given no choice in the matter. haha.

So I was too young to realize how I had processed and repressed my anger and then one day the boys as we walked down the cement hallway to the other end of the school we had a contest who could hold their breath the longest. Let's just say I won the contest by a long shot -- as I was at the urinal I was still holding my breath while the others had long forgotten there had even been a contest. haha.

Anyway so of course I didn't die but I was told to never hold my breath again and so for a long time I didn't swim underwater since I was very literate and that is what I had been told - when you have a bunch of nurses yelling at you then you tend to take their word seriously.

But I would say sometimes people do die when they have this serious repressed emotional energy that breaks their heart and then they end up expressing that energy in a way that cracks open their skull to send out their spirit - so to speak. One time I pulled an old lady's spirit right out of the top center of her skull and she immediately bawled for at least 15 minutes - it felt like a heavy electromagnetic blob when I pulled it out of her.

The secret to transcending death while staying physically alive is the secret of yin and yang energy dynamics -- and this secret is detailed in the book "Taoist YOga: Alchemy and Immortality" - http://www.mediafire.com/?1owotofjjzr this teaches how to create yin spirits that transcend death. I have seen qigong master Chunyi Lin do this when he heals people and also he even heals dead people! So the qigong masters communicate and heal the spirits of the other world - not just heal people who are physically alive.

I know the Tibetan monks will feel a person's body right after they die - the part of the body that gets cold last is the part where their spirit left their body and this indicates the holographic parallel of where their spirit goes - just as taught in Taoism - if our spirit -- the electromagnetic energy -- is stuck in our lower chakras then we live a life of hell while physically alive and then we go to hell when we die. If the electromagnetic energy is stuck in our upper chakras then we live a life of heaven while alive and we go to heaven when we die.

And so qigong masters can also read our past lives by looking into our eyes since that expresses our spirit energy which includes our past lives. But the energy is always transforming and so this process of eternal transformation never changes since it is from the yin-yang dynamics of reality. Consciousness - the spirit light energy - is always going into Emptiness as pure formless being of the spacetime vortex. Consciousness as spirit energy can travel into the past to change the past energy blockages and thereby change our present condition and consciousness as spirit energy can travel into the future to prepare us for how our desires -- our emotional energy -- will play out. The emptiness is this eternal spacetime vortex that creates the rainbow light astral energy that is our spirit consciousness.

So death is kind of like waking from a dream but much more powerful - in fact precognitive dreams are MORE REAL than being awake!! So if a precognitive dream comes true three years later in detail as happened with me - what does that mean about our present waking state? It is obviously a type of dream state. And so death is like deep dreamless sleep - a portal or gateway to higher frequency energy as a different type of spirit consciousness. We normally can't see spirits but if we increase the frequency of our spirit consciousness in our body then we can see spirits - dead people - as they interact with the physical living - we can also have perception that is more powerful than normal - the pineal gland third eye is the spirit light energy that then will translate into the other senses as smell, sight, etc. And so we can have super amazing smell that can smell cancer as rotting death smell.

Normally smell is activated by the theta dream state consciousness and so smell is only activated by new sensations while awake but when we have the one breath between dreaming and waking then we can smell old smells from the theta dream consciousness. So this proves that our sense of linear time perception is not the real connection to our senses. We have to dream to process all the higher frequency light information that is subconscious while we are in the waking state with linear thinking using language - planning intention. So dreaming is the REM processing that has to happen to integrate the new subconscious perceptions with our old memories. So achieving a higher frequency consciousness means being aware of the subconscious perceptions while in "real" linear time - a waking dream state. And so when we die this is also a waking dream state that also enables super-perceptions that occur directly through the pineal gland light awareness - the coherent light spirit energy. You can read about this or watch it through the Near Death Experience reports - the cable show: "I Survived: Beyond and Back" is a great source.

There are many more of these on youtube.

• Like 2

A-players always rush.

Our reality is the prison that I need to get out of without delay. Silent Thunder and others here talk about lucid dreams. Isn't this reality lucid enough of a dream? You don't wake up even if you bang your head on the wall in great pain and blood streams down your face.

I don't think one can break out of this reality prison in a sudden Zen awakening. If this is true, according to the Mahayana Buddhist, we would all have been freed 2,500 years ago when the Buddha awakened to the truth that the self is an illusion. But I am not free and still stuck in this space-time lucid dream even though I do realize that the self is an illusion. I know there is only the body walking around. It will eventually breakdown and die.

I don't want to die a bozo. We are like mountain climbers who never get to reach the top but fall off the rock face - all of us. Does that make sense to you? Every time some other climber goes whizzing past me on his way down, I hear that sickening thud and ask why? I am told there are now 7 billion bozos in existence climbing up the mountain side. With an average annual death rate of 5%, that means there are one million bozos dying every day and about 11 every second. Thud, thud, thud...I could be next.

I think this lucid dream reality prison has a lock with multiple pin tumblers and not a simple lock with just one pin. Opening this lock is like cracking a safe with multiple combinations. The Buddha discovered the first combination: the self is an illusion. And that was only the first step to cracking the safe. There was no liberation, no Nirvana. This is why we are still locked in.

We need to find the next combination to the safe. This lock may have only two pin tumblers and the next combination could free us all.

I share a good bit of those opinions, and I resolve the bozo issue with the simple fact that you have to put the value on your own life, you get to choose a lot of it , you just dont get to choose all the cards. People put those mountains in front of themselves and chase the summit , because it helps answer that ultimate question I keep going on about. "what do I do now"

because there really nothing one needs to do ( one chooses to avoid death, chooses to eat, and breathes automatically)

So all those folks who put a summit of nirvana in front of them do succeed in their immediate needs ,though they fail from the (invalid )point of view that they had to get to it.

Im not so sure rushing

is a way to savor things ,but I suppose it could be,, savored.

If one misses out on the enrichment they couldve had ,

they have missed the target, IMPO

,whether they achieved some stupid arbitrary goal or not.

Gentlewind has some sucky cards dealt to him , and he isnt the only one,

but he tries to make the best of this go round, (whether there is another or not is moot.)

and I see nothing but savvy in that.

I think we all try to do that ,,( make the best of things),,

its just that some of us dont really know how

because we just cant get out of our own way.

At the end of it we all break down and die, thats the deal, no way out but that.

So I reitterate what is the rush ?

One only rushes to get away from dissatisfaction ,either experienced or expected,

and one wants to remain where they are happy and satisfied.

Are you or I, "A players" if we arent happy? ( the rhetorical answer is supposed to be NO)

:)

Wow, that is one whopper of a NDE. I don't even know how you call it 'Near'.. three days is about as in depth as you can get!

George gives a good description of his experience of non-duality.

"God, I believe, is even more than the light, because God is also darkness. God is everything that exists, everything - and that is beyond our ability to comprehend at all."

While I don't have a sense of a God with a personality. I get what he's talking about, his description of the Void is something I experienced in an OBE.

"I didn't experience any sense of guilt or remorse for things I'd done. I didn't feel one way or another about my failures, faults, or achievements. All I felt was my life for what it is. And I was content with that. I accepted my life for what it is."

Here is where it gets so tricky when trying to discuss the non-dual state. Because the mind gets involved and we're mired in association with Yin/Yang and the non-dual state is lost in this.

His lack of guilt or remorse over failures or faults, his lack of joy in the triumphs... allude to this state of being beyond either yin or yang. It's incomprehensible when engaged in the identifying with anything process. But the sense of everything being right, or perfect is there and it's undeniable when you experience it, even when you can't give 'an answer'. There is no need for an answer, the reality is that all is right.

Rilke is one of my favorite poets, not surprising to me he would lean on her to aid his attempt to describe his experience.

In the end, live the questions. Live in love.

What a great story, thanks for finding that link gentlewind.

WOW! YES! This is exactly HOW I SEE people when I dream at times. For some, they are not concerned about anything, they are simply existing in the life they have created for themselves and quite honestly it is strange some times because it seems some people never truly found what they were looking for, as if they never had enough time to find all of the Truth. They settled for whatever it was that they were living at the time and sometimes these 'self-creations' are very dark or they are very benevolent. This place beyond yin/yang is what I believe to be the Kingdom of God, or nirvana. Beyond duality.

I guess that explains this verse very well,

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

What truly matters in this non-dual state is who we truly are on the inside, what qualities we have cultivated on the inside. Hence, alchemy. Whether one was seeking to live certain standards or even practicing The Dharma. What we think, we ultimately become. Religion does not matter, unless you understand WHY you practice your religion. Then it is all the same. If one's religion is simply to ease the ego from being annihilated at death, one still has a lot of inner-work to do. If one has yet to experience the vast profoundness of the void and what is possible there, my words are probably in vain, because it is something that one must experience for themselves. Where 'mind over matter' is a simple truth to understand and experience. Where one can fly, levitate, teleport, shape shift, etc by simply believing or having 'faith' that one can do so. Where the God's play and create world's innumerable.

Another fun verse for the Astral surfers to ponder...

"He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."" Matthew 17:20

The only thing that 'scares' me about death, is did I love enough? Did I give it my all concerning this time on the merry go round? Did I reach my fullest potential? If I were to die today, I could go willingly, but it seems my heart would not be satisfied knowing that anything is possible.

• Like 2

Gentlewind has some sucky cards dealt to him , and he isnt the only one,

but he tries to make the best of this go round, (whether there is another or not is moot.)

and I see nothing but savvy in that.

I think we all try to do that ,,( make the best of things),,

its just that some of us dont really know how

because we just cant get out of our own way.

Compared with some of the folk I've helped look after in the 80's and 90's my life is a veritable picnic. A young man I looked after was physically and mentally disabled, and was unable to speak; and he was blind. Talk about 'sucky' cards. I have never looked at my situation and thought what a poor deck of cards I've been dealt(just for you sree :D ), I have never played the sympathy card either; and when I was a patient in hospital the nurses developed a soft spot for me on account of my never moaning ! Working with children and adults who have severe physical and mental disabilities is very grounding. A friend of mine represented his city at basketball - he was wheelchair bound, I was invited to take part in a training session - they were all amazing, I was hopeless. Play basketball and manouvre a wheelchair at the same time - are you crazy !

By embracing my health problems I have become more centered and experience beautiful 'bliss' moments. Another positive is I never get bored - Life excites me.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 4

Compared with some of the folk I've helped look after in the 80's and 90's my life is a veritable picnic. A young man I looked after was physically and mentally disabled, and was unable to speak; and he was blind. Talk about 'sucky' cards. I have never looked at my situation and thought what a poor deck of cards I've been dealt(just for you sree :D ), I have never played the sympathy card either; and when I was a patient in hospital the nurses developed a soft spot for me on account of my never moaning ! Working with children and adults who have severe physical and mental disabilities is very grounding. A friend of mine represented his city at basketball - he was wheelchair bound, I was invited to take part in a training session - they were all amazing, I was hopeless. Play basketball and manouvre a wheelchair at the same time - are you crazy !

By embracing my health problems I have become more centered and experience beautiful 'bliss' moments. Another positive is I never get bored - Life excites me.

Namaste,

gentlewind

That is profound. Always happy to be alive. Indeed.