sree

The Tao of Dying

if you want to know about Zheng Dao you can find more information here http://zhendaopai.com/

I know everything now. Thanks for the lead anyway.

you made a mistake,

真道派 means - "Perfect Dao" or "Way of of Truth" or "Way of Perfection",

Way which helps us understand the Truth [Dao]

道 in Chinese means Way.

真 in Chinese means authentic or true.

派 in Chinese means School.

Literal translation of 真道派 means True Way School.

派 aslo means clique or faction and the Chinese triads use this word to identify their respective gangs.

You have not answered my questions but you seem infatuated with the Chinese style. Are you good in Zhen Dao kung fu?

Maybe we can spar and find out if Zhen Dao can block my Eagle Claws (鹰 派 拳).

道 in Chinese means Way.

真 in Chinese means authentic or true.

派 in Chinese means School.

Literal translation of 真道派 means True Way School.

yes, it is the right translation, but other translations are also correct

You have not answered my questions but you seem infatuated with the Chinese style.

I didn't answer your questions because I don't see any sense in them

Maybe we can spar and find out if Zhen Dao can block my Eagle Claws

Zhen Dao is not martial art.

Daoist School Zhen Dao Pai is a Chinese tradition of spiritual and physical self-improvement where the main role is given to the practices of Inner Alchemy.

Edited by Vitalii
  • Like 1

yes, it is the right translation, but other translations are also correct

Not if you are Chinese.

I didn't answer your questions because I don't see any sense in them

I agree. My questions were related to your Zhen Dao claims.

Zhen Dao is not martial art.

Daoist School Zhen Dao Pai is a Chinese tradition of spiritual and physical self-improvement where the main role is given to the practices of Inner Alchemy.

Shaolin Dao is also spiritual but it also has martial art based on its teaching.

Not if you are Chinese.

you are wrong.

Chinese characters have many meanings, so one term can be translated in different ways.

My questions were related to your Zhen Dao claims.

the practice mentioned above is used in other traditions, for example Tibetan Buddhism

Chinese characters have many meanings, so one term can be translated in different ways.

You are right about that. Despite to "one term can be translated in different ways," the only correct translation for the term is to interpret the character with context, rather than just interpret the character by itself.

• Like 1

Just watched Eben Alexander today, thanks to you, gentlewind. Totally wow, fantastic input. I will order his book. He has a couple of websites, too - this one http://www.eternea.org/ is very interesting.

I would like to tell my parents about these experiences that have been shared. I have it in my consciousness about the dissolution of the body spirits after death, and content from the tibetan book of the dead.. the whole idea that it is a rare and tricky thing to keep oneself integrated enough after death to have a meaningful experience.

I dont know how to reconcile the two types of documentations.

Clearly consciousness has not a lot to do with the brain, as the internet has not a lot to do with a computer. So the questions are about the nature of consciousness in relation to the individual, at which point I come straight up face to face with the need to have a heart that is as light as a feather when it is weighed in the balance.

We are loved, we are loved, we are loved. This is the message. And at the same time we need a heart as light as a feather.. is this because we are loved so much that we keep being sent back to learn lightness, despite the challenges.

Hmm, my post is a bit garbled. ;)

It must reflect my thoughts! :huh:

gentlewind, thankyou for sharing your scanning proccess. My parental downloads were/are so intertwined into my way, that even seeing them at all , myself , was/is a job of work.

I dont want to be like my mother. :wacko: I really dont. Nor my father, come to think of it. How many downloads and pop ups they must be playing host to is ... my mind goes boing..

The parental downloads are a nightmare, well some of them. I have a wacky and weird sense of humor - this I inherited from my Dad; his favorite catch phrase was, 'I'm looking for a bald headed blonde' ! I have probably developed his wacky humor further - hope he likes it ! I do like dark humor, which my wife doesn't appreciate - in fact it freaks her out. I came out with cancer and tumor jokes, which she wasn't impressed with.

My Mum, she is responsible for a lot of my really negative downloads. Especially my harsh judgemental observations - now almost gone :) . She was an emotionally cold woman(product of her strict Belgian catholic upbringing), no hugs or kisses or bed time stories when I was young - or even old :) . My Mum was an alcoholic, she started drinking when I was 11 and my teenage years were chaotic ! I never knew what state my Mum would be in when I returned home from indoctrination camp. My depression was due to my Mum's drinking and the added problems it brought with it, but here I am 40 or so yrs later clear of depression through working on myself.

Yes the work is ongoing, and when progress is rewarding. Even when we fail, we don't really fail. Its another opportunity to try again and complete the task. I used to become frustrated by my failures, and mentally beat myself up, but no more.

Dr Eben's interview is inspirational. I too may get his book ! As you say we are Love, sadly we have forgotten this. We need to rediscover this and quick, and you know what we are ! I can feel the change happening, starting with me. This year especially my heart chakra has become a major focus for me, I am picking up other people's emotions. It took some getting used to - can you picture a 6 ft 1 inch man crying for no apparent reason ! I was feeling the heartache of my daughter who was breaking up with her boyfriend !

We don't need to over complicate the transition process, we need to remain centered and conscious of the process. Some people will become frightened and they will react to the transition according to their conditioning/downloads. Some will go to catholic heaven or hell, some will go to the buddhist realms and so on. But in their own time they will figure out the Truth.

Keep everything simple. Man likes to complicate everything. Ever been to a catholic funeral ? If I ever go to another one I'm taking a pogo stick ! Up and down, up and down !!! Jeez !

Posted this one before, but its a good 'un !

Namaste,

gentlewind

You are right about that. Despite to "one term can be translated in different ways," the only correct translation for the term is to interpret the character with context, rather than just interpret the character by itself.

So, how would you translate 真道派 ?

Vitalii says 真道派 means - "Perfect Dao" or "Way of of Truth" or "Way of Perfection".

I say literal translation of 真道派 means True Way School.

真道 is a powerful assertion that this 派 is "The One True School of Dao". Westerners may not know the Chinese context when calling one's 派 as 真. A Cantonese will not tolerate that and will take them out. :D

Edited by sree

Vitalii says 真道派 means - "Perfect Dao" or "Way of of Truth" or "Way of Perfection".

I say literal translation of 真道派 means True Way School.

you are wrong.

I said "真道派 means - "Perfect Dao" or "Way of of Truth" or "Way of Perfection" or "The True Way"

that this 派 is "The One True School of Dao" ... when calling one's 派 as 真.

you are wrong.

I said that 真道派 is "Way which helps us understand the Truth [Dao]"

I'm not saying that 真道派 is the only true way.

There are many true schools which can lead us to an understanding of the Dao

Edited by Vitalii

How many social revolutions does it take before you see they bring about new forms of the old way of enslaving you?

I dont think I am enslaved by social revolutions.

I meant that Richard Wolffe was blaming the rich for the misery of the poor.

Blame is another abstraction but I wouldnt say that wealth creates poverty.

Ok, so you are saying that dad chooses other than to conform with expectations of mom and the kids and thereby exempt himself? Isn’t that called reneging? You can call it that , but it still isnt any more than an abstraction you may feel strongly about.

If marriage/family as an organization is an abstraction and doesn’t really exist, then every party to the deal is just faking it?

Faking implies that they know the truth ,and are being insincere, but individuals love their illusions , want them , cherish them ,often for good reason,( it doesnt make them stupid to keep those ideas -they just prefer them) .

What does this tell you about the integrity of the individual who forms relationships he knows is real only to other people, and who reserves the right of exemption from honoring mutual promises if he so chooses?

If we were best buddies and I punched you in the nose, for no good reason , you ,ay opt to back out of our best buddy relationship.. you might consider yourself to have just cause,, but you still choose to break out of the buddy relationship. (It is the presence of all these contingent caveats which is a flag that the conceptry is basically abstraction.) Loving the family , its expected that one will honor it , and the individuals choose that over and over again. ( but they could have opted otherwise)

As long as you are part of the organization, you shall be compliant without exemption.

When was that ever true?

This is why organizations like the USA have laws, penitentiaries, and capital punishment for individuals who have opinions of their own at the expense of others in society which such individuals would deign to deem an arbitrary abstraction.

True, Im not contesting that.

The only opinions you may have are on sodas and candy bars in vending machines. And mind the security cameras as you exercise your choice responsibly.

Thats untrue and paranoid.

How can you say the nuclear family works if it doesn’t happen as much as anyone ever thought?

WORKABLE as in feasible not perfect or ubiquitous.

A similar failure rate would spell doom for the model at any business enterprise to stop cash burn.

Yes

What is preventing you from exercising a definitive opinion in this case?

Of what?

You can have whatever abstractions, illusions you want but they dont exist outside the minds of individuals. (like Santa, you know what he looks like , wears , drives to work in ,where he lives , but you also know it is just a fiction ' repeated' by many individuals )

Hitler was a guy who had your feelings about the right to one’s own opinions, and it wasn’t just talk because he acted on his own opinions and made definitive choices. He was an individual and acted like one. He had integrity because he was true to himself: he said what he thought, and did what he said. Now ,now ,sree thats a no no.

You were offering criticisms of the family structure and the questionable attitudes that might be bred by the non-traditional (Hitler-youth) way of raising kids. Isn't a collective responsibility for raising kids properly more effective in ensuring a level playing field for all? Every individual leaves the same starting gate at the same time in a race to the top.

maybe it is , so what?

The Tao of Dying cannot exist in unwholesome societies in which babies are brought into the world to die of AIDS and other diseases, to suffer the sins of their parents. Do professors of economics - like Richard Wolff - factor this into conclusions about poverty and not just use the poor to advance social agendas?

I dont know

The organization is you, the individual, even if you don't see it. It is reality in abstraction.

Yes in the fictive world of shakespeare romeo and juliet are real characters.

Society is the individual. If society is sick, individuals are sick. Is there a cure, a way out?

No

I forget. You did say there is no way out. Everybody dies. And that is an opinion keeping us all in prison.

We are constrained by circumstance -regardless!

you are wrong.

I said "真道派 means - "Perfect Dao" or "Way of of Truth" or "Way of Perfection" or "The True Way"

you are wrong.

I said that 真道派 is "Way which helps us understand the Truth [Dao]"

I'm not saying that 真道派 is the only true way.

There are many true schools which can lead us to an understanding of the Dao

If you are not saying that yours is the only true way (of seeing it) and that there are many other true ways (of seeing it), why do you keep on pointing out to me "you are wrong, you are wrong"?

In the west, there are many true ways.

In China, there is only one true way.

And you are talking like a westerner but acting like a Chinese. :D

Which one is it?

The one that can NOT be told and therefore has no 派.

So, it wouldn't be 真 道, would it?

If it must have a 派, then the appropriate name for that Dao school would not be 真 道 派 (True Dao School).

It would be 無 道 派 (No Dao School).

Foreigners' perception of the Chinese way must not be presumptuous.

Do you know that Marco Polo after spending some twenty years in China did not mentioned two quintessestially Chinese things? They were, (1) The Great Wall and (2) tea. :D

That depends on who you talk to.

:)

What makes you think it can be told by anyone? :D:D

• Like 2

The one that can NOT be told and therefore has no 派.

So, it wouldn't be 真 道, would it?

If it must have a 派, then the appropriate name for that Dao school would not be 真 道 派 (True Dao School).

It would be 無 道 派 (No Dao School).

Foreigners' perception of the Chinese way must not be presumptuous.

Do you know that Marco Polo after spending some twenty years in China did not mentioned two quintessestially Chinese things? They were, (1) The Great Wall and (2) tea. :D

I see no sense in discussing it with you.

Edited by Vitalii

Natalie Sudman's Near-Death Experience Due To A Roadside Bomb In Iraq

Namaste,

gentlewind

As I sit perfectly at peace am I dead or alive? As I am engaged in a very busy environment, things are being done but it does not seem like I am doing them, am I dead or alive? When I look out without judgment and not tangled in emotion, am I dead or Alive? When the universe spins in my hand and separation is gone, am I dead or alive.when I feel deeply and sense the movement of all that is, am I dead or alive.

when consciousness arises and no self appears am I dead or alive. Why do some separate things into individual little boxes and not put it all as one into infinite space? Be one, put down the childish mind and accept all things as one.

• Like 1

I see no sense in discussing it with you.

How can you? You are not Chinese. :D

As I sit perfectly at peace am I dead or alive?

Alive

As I am engaged in a very busy environment, things are being done but it does not seem like I am doing them, am I dead or alive?

Alive.

When I look out without judgment and not tangled in emotion, am I dead or Alive?

Alive.

When the universe spins in my hand and separation is gone, am I dead or alive.

Alive.

when I feel deeply and sense the movement of all that is, am I dead or alive.

Alive.

when consciousness arises and no self appears am I dead or alive.

Alive.

Why do some separate things into individual little boxes and not put it all as one into infinite space?

We need to live at the material level to tend to the body. On the practical level, it is essential to separate things into individual boxes so we know to stuff food into the mouth and not the ass.

Be one, put down the childish mind and accept all things as one.

Why? What is the problem with the ability to differentiate one thing from another?

Edited by sree
  • Like 1

Most of us are poor imitations of being 'alive'

Most of us sleepwalk our 'way' through 'life'.

Most of us are already 'dead',

Most of us will 'wake' up when we leave this physical realm.

The shock will 'enlighten' us back into Life

death really is the kick start we need.

Most of us are flesh robots on automatic snooze control.

Sleeping under the duvet of ignorance.

Lost in the System's indoctrination Camp.

Some of us adopt other ways,

Hoping to be delivered from

Something they know is wrong.

When will you sing your authentic Song ?

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 4

If one wishes to have a living death, just start complaining.

I would rather think the opposite is true. Everybody complains. People who don’t complain are dead.

People, generally, like to be rich. If they are not rich, they would like to feel rich by vacationing in places where rich people go, and buying things that rich people buy. This is their way of complaining about being poor. People who are not rich and don’t like feeling rich are dead.

A healthy body complains, crying out in pain, the moment a pin pricks, and responds immediately to address the complaint. It is natural. A mind that blocks that response, ignore the pain and snuff out the complaint is unnatural.

Now, turning to Chapter 44, I would ask,

Spirit or body, which is precious?

This life or the next, which is real?

Enlightenment or health, which is crazy?

Edited by sree

We all have much compassion for you, We are all trying to raise the dead and bring you back to life. What complains and wants to be rich is what makes you dead to those that are already truly alive.Embrace all, pain, suffering, joy, it is all one. Pain keeps are bodies safe,There is safety in danger, life in death, melt the mental boundaries and be free forever....maybe

This Mighty Mudball of a world burdens us with a body, troubles us with life, eases us with old age, and with death gives us rest. We call our life a blessing, so our death must be a blessing too.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 3