sree

The Tao of Dying

I know. You are zero looking out for himself.

yes pal you may be on to sth there and maybe Tao looks out for me as well,,,,

last nite's bagua was smoooth the 3 dragons of Kunlun never better for me personally

they tested out marvellous

i acknowledged the 5 elements

shen gong was alive

meditation had a new wrinkle, my eyes were open but i didnt see anything (literally)

i could see nothing

sleep was peaceful and a couple of dreams

this morning when i woke and began my shen gong i decided after i opened up the communication

to go outside and let Taoyin , let the Tao just lead me

all the fragrences of flowers, bushes, and trees of June

the sweet sweet morning air and the quietness

it is what Yang smells like, so yangy and fragrent

i did some bagua and it wasnt as smooth as last nites but it was ok

LOL a robin circled over head as i did one of my ccw circles

i went for a stroll , some early morning immortal walking

another new wrinkle for me this morning

was

an oak tree i had never noticed halted me as i was passing him by

he beckoned me to stop there with him

and do some tree qigong

first time i ever did tree qigong with an oak or before daybreak

then a little more circle walking

such a Yang morning

and Taoyin led me to find a rise on this landscape

so i could see where the most Yang\the Sun would be rising

i made my way up a rise to where i could see some soft pink clouds dawning

i changed directions towards those soft pink clouds

and found a clearing in a field of mostly clover

there i went barefoot and tasted the early morning dew

such deep breaths up from my heels

and i found a spot where i rested into wu chi

and waited

as the Sun rose up and made the dawn

i gently stretched into my qigong

as the morning light revealed the landscape before me

i could see between myself and the Sun

a graveyard

i couldnt help but to think, is this sth to do with the Tao of Dying?

i stilled my mind

but there before me was the rising Sun and a graveyard

it was still and quiet

Yang and Yin there together in obvious symbol

obvious even for a fool like me to see

as i was walking back

there were red and white flowers in large bushes

so i walked over to them

and pressed my face, my nose into the petals

and i exchanged a few breaths with them

as i left the flowers i noticed i hadnt seen a single crow this morning

there were robins everywhere

so , anyways made my morning coffee , and no a 1$ cup it isnt

i made a pot and with sugar and cream, and thankyou sree,

for reminding me that is a luxury that i enjoy, sipping coffee

i feel like i am easy like sunday morning

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 4

Very nice zs - I wish I could show you my friend's qigong - golden eagle shares a vision

It really integrates beautifully into the bagua.

Now concerning the market... This is why the stock market is BS.

SP500_Max_630_378.png

What happened in the 1990s? It's called the 401k. Pensions use to be simple and easy. Not anymore. Now it is just rise and repeat. PUMP and DUMP. PUMP and DUMP on prices for the last 20 years.

The markets (not just the stock market) affects me as long as I live in a reality driven by money. But man cannot live on bread alone, said Jesus Christ. Quite right. I need to know where I am going after the body dies. He said that the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand (not after the body dies); seek and ye shall find. Thus,I am seeking the Tao of Dying that bypasses the bodily suffering and death of conventional spirituality

Market forces move the world and price every necessities of material reality. If you think the stock market is BS, then you are viewing it as a means to make easy money without having to work for it. The likelihood is, you also seek the easy route to spirituality.

Life is both material and spiritual. When one separates the two – pick one and diss the other – then, the life one lives becomes unwholesome. And one's mind is cracked, and a cracked mind is a devil’s workshop.

Edited by sree
  • Like 1

I wonder if we could ever definitively catalogue what constitutes a cracked mind.

Yes, most definitely! Look for signs and start with the body.

Is your body out of shape and unclean? Is it uncared for and abused in anyway? Is it healthy and free of disease?

If you answer, yes, yes and no, then ask why the mind is out to lunch?

A mind that does not care for the body as a first and only priority, is like a mom who does not see that her role is to be devoted to her kids. Such a mom is a cracked mom. :D

Edited by sree
  • Like 1

I am not talking about your body. I am talking about you. Do you know how to die? Or are you flying this plane till it hits the side of the mountain, riding this barrel till it goes over the waterfall?

The point I am getting at, is there a way to live that is in tune with the body? Or are we disconnected with it and even in opposition to it? Even when you are long gone in a coma and the body is checking out, we still would put it on life support. Where is the Tao in all this?

Do you get what I am saying?

Mind thought body is subjectivity, as thought dissolves body goes with it. True Tao cannot die. It is this invisible space between the two dashes on your tomb stone. We are space or nothing. ♥

• Like 1

yes pal you may be on to sth there and maybe Tao looks out for me as well,,,,

last nite's bagua was smoooth the 3 dragons of Kunlun never better for me personally

they tested out marvellous

i acknowledged the 5 elements

shen gong was alive

meditation had a new wrinkle, my eyes were open but i didnt see anything (literally)

i could see nothing

sleep was peaceful and a couple of dreams

this morning when i woke and began my shen gong i decided after i opened up the communication

to go outside and let Taoyin , let the Tao just lead me

all the fragrences of flowers, bushes, and trees of June

the sweet sweet morning air and the quietness

it is what Yang smells like, so yangy and fragrent

i did some bagua and it wasnt as smooth as last nites but it was ok

LOL a robin circled over head as i did one of my ccw circles

i went for a stroll , some early morning immortal walking

another new wrinkle for me this morning

was

an oak tree i had never noticed halted me as i was passing him by

he beckoned me to stop there with him

and do some tree qigong

first time i ever did tree qigong with an oak or before daybreak

then a little more circle walking

such a Yang morning

and Taoyin led me to find a rise on this landscape

so i could see where the most Yang\the Sun would be rising

i made my way up a rise to where i could see some soft pink clouds dawning

i changed directions towards those soft pink clouds

and found a clearing in a field of mostly clover

there i went barefoot and tasted the early morning dew

such deep breaths up from my heels

and i found a spot where i rested into wu chi

and waited

as the Sun rose up and made the dawn

i gently stretched into my qigong

as the morning light revealed the landscape before me

i could see between myself and the Sun

a graveyard

i couldnt help but to think, is this sth to do with the Tao of Dying?

i stilled my mind

but there before me was the rising Sun and a graveyard

it was still and quiet

Yang and Yin there together in obvious symbol

obvious even for a fool like me to see

as i was walking back

there were red and white flowers in large bushes

so i walked over to them

and pressed my face, my nose into the petals

and i exchanged a few breaths with them

as i left the flowers i noticed i hadnt seen a single crow this morning

there were robins everywhere

so , anyways made my morning coffee , and no a 1$ cup it isnt

i made a pot and with sugar and cream, and thankyou sree,

for reminding me that is a luxury that i enjoy, sipping coffee

i feel like i am easy like sunday morning

that is flipping beautiful.

thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

when death comes, it comes; no need wanting it or not wanting it.

just do and pay attention to what is infront at the moment.

the relevancy or irrelevancy is what is now, it differs on circumstances.

Death-Life is "Thought" that dies. And, were not thought. Thought exist in time, beginning and end, functioning as a tool within opposites from 'hot-cold, up-down, on-off, she-he, female-male, here-there-, us-them, war-peace, love-hate, health-sick, wet-dry,etc., Life is knowing the difference, but not taking anything 'personal'. Let go of my 'lego'. haha!

• Like 1

gentlewind, that's a very good analogy re. the popups and the unwanted downloads.

How do you do your tri - daily scan... can you share?

Certainly cat.

Daily Scan. Thrice times daily.

To be done in a place where you will not be disturbed. Turn all phones off/silent.

1. Then sit or lie - comfortably ! Close eyes. Gentle breathing for about 2 minutes until the body/mind is calm and relaxed.

2. With your mind's eye slowly scan your body, you will pick up where the trouble spots are located.

3. When you find a *trouble spot purify it with your White Light, and then return to scanning the body and when you find another trouble spot repeat step 3.

4. Do the above three times.

5. Then visualize yourself (physical body and aura) in a cocoon of pure White Light.

6. Take a few minutes before coming out of this scan, how long is entirely up to the individual's discretion.

* Trouble Spot. The area may feel physically 'tight' or sore, even tender; the key is 'you' will know. The Trouble Spot may not have any physical indications but you will sense something is wrong - like a psychic blockage, again repeat Step 3. You will know how long to apply the White Light, it is an inner knowing.

My other practice.

I also try to remain aware throughout the day of how 'I' speak/react to people and to situations, and old memories which surface.

I have discovered a lot of my reactions are influenced by the conditioning I have received, for example I 'inherited' my Mum's highly critical reaction - and I could be very hurtful to the person concerned. By being aware of this I have now deleted this completely - PHEW !!! I was guilty of out bitching my Mum, and she was an Olympic Champion - ouch.

The mind is a greedy sponge !!!

I hope this helps. This practice has really helped me. I've never shared this before, so I'm hoping I've explained it properly. If anyone has any further questions please feel free to PM me.

Blessings All.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 3

Certainly cat.

Daily Scan. Thrice times daily.

To be done in a place where you will not be disturbed. Turn all phones off/silent.

1. Then sit or lie - comfortably ! Close eyes. Gentle breathing for about 2 minutes until the body/mind is calm and relaxed.

2. With your mind's eye slowly scan your body, you will pick up where the trouble spots are located.

3. When you find a *trouble spot purify it with your White Light, and then return to scanning the body and when you find another trouble spot repeat step 3.

4. Do the above three times.

5. Then visualize yourself (physical body and aura) in a cocoon of pure White Light.

6. Take a few minutes before coming out of this scan, how long is entirely up to the individual's discretion.

* Trouble Spot. The area may feel physically 'tight' or sore, even tender; the key is 'you' will know. The Trouble Spot may not have any physical indications but you will sense something is wrong - like a psychic blockage, again repeat Step 3. You will know how long to apply the White Light, it is an inner knowing.

My other practice.

I also try to remain aware throughout the day of how 'I' speak/react to people and to situations, and old memories which surface.

I have discovered a lot of my reactions are influenced by the conditioning I have received, for example I 'inherited' my Mum's highly critical reaction - and I could be very hurtful to the person concerned. By being aware of this I have now deleted this completely - PHEW !!! I was guilty of out bitching my Mum, and she was an Olympic Champion - ouch.

The mind is a greedy sponge !!!

I hope this helps. This practice has really helped me. I've never shared this before, so I'm hoping I've explained it properly. If anyone has any further questions please feel free to PM me.

Blessings All.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Thanks for sharing.

Diggin it!

• Like 2

Sree,

,--Then, individuals don’t count. They are like bees that populate the hive which is the organization, the abstract entity.

To whom , would they not count?

What is the organization of no-individuals?

All organizations are of no individuals. YOU don’t count. How many roads does a man walk down, before you call him a dumbass? How many social revolutions does it take?

Just this morning, I had to listen to some nutty professor blaming minimum wage on American capitalism

Deviants are individuals, within the organization, who cannot measure up to the expected norm.

Basically true in conventional terminology. (maybe they dont want to, or exempt themselves)

Social deviants exempt themselves? How do they do that? The organization either exists or it doesn’t. If dad cheats on mom, he doesn’t have a marriage. If mom isn’t devoted to her kids, she doesn’t have a family.

Evil done by members is not arbitrarily judged to be so. Evil is a direct cause of the demise of the organization.

Evil is an arbitrary term , if I consider something OK , its not evil to me.

You need somebody to judge a thing evil ,

(and though many people are ready to point fingers , they dont usually point them at themselves..likewise,

Society creates a collective morality , and deems some individuals behaviors as evil,..

Let’s keep the organization’s concept simple to avoid bifurcation and forked tongues.

As I said, evil destroys the organization. The nuclear family is based on a collective morality. If dad considers fooling around with an intern is OK, then he needs a head check. If we consider evil is an arbitrary term, then we need a head check. Charles Manson does consider evil an arbitrary term and that we are pointing fingers at him without just cause. He needs his head checked.

Such expectation, as in keeping the faith, is the foundation of social relationship in organizations. Dads are supposed to be faithful to moms, moms are supposed to be devoted to kids, and kids are supposed to be filial to parents.

Well they often arent ,and it depends on the judgement of a given society or individual whether the supposition is "right" to have.

For instance ,Kids have been raised by relatives , communes , foster parents , to be independent Spartan thieves, loyal slaves and Hitler youth. (loyalty was expected to go to the state or party rather than family)

And some places are just fine with concubines.

I was talking about a nuclear family comprising dad, mom and kids. Perhaps, the concept is unrealistic in expecting dad to be faithful and compliant with mom’s ridiculous idea of monogamy.

I would support junking the suppositions of human conduct prescribed for the nuclear family which is ill-conceived. What is a reasonable alternative?

As Daoists, we could look to nature for inspiration. Bugs such as bees and ants live in large, social colonies like humans. If they can form stable harmonious societies that way, why can’t we? In this regard, Hitler was headed that way but we didn’t give him a chance to try it out.

It is not individuals’ opinions but the stability of the organization that determines right and wrong.

Collectively Individuals are the organization , and the collective will determines the collective 'right and wrong'

usually codified into law, (to impose and enforce it).

But each individual, has and promotes, what they have concluded is right or wrong,,

this may be in accord with the collective view, or it may not.

I understand what you are theorizing but it is not the way organizations work in the real world. Your theory works only for a collective comprising you and yourself provided you don't have DID (dissociative identity disorder) like Norman Bates. :D

Edited by sree

All organizations are of no individuals. YOU don’t count. How many roads does a man walk down, before you call him a dumbass? How many social revolutions does it take?

Organization are an abstraction open to perspective.

I dont have to call him a dumbass but I CAN call him one even if he doesnt take a road at all.

How many social revolutions does it take to do what?

Just this morning, I had to listen to some nutty professor blaming minimum wage on American capitalism

Im not sure what you mean.

Social deviants exempt themselves? How do they do that? The organization either exists or it doesn’t. If dad cheats on mom, he doesn’t have a marriage. If mom isn’t devoted to her kids, she doesn’t have a family.

They choose other than to conform with expectations of others or to rules they want obeyed by others,,,thereby they exempt themselves. The organization doesnt exist materially its just an abstraction, just as marriage is ,as well as the

'posession or relationship with her children"

Let’s keep the organization’s concept simple to avoid bifurcation and forked tongues.

My opinions are mine , collective societies opinions are collectively arrived at and consented to by individuals , but that doesnt make any of the opinions anything other than abstractions"

We may agree on some things but that doesnt mean that the thing we argeed on has some kind of truth based on that concordance.

We are still two different entities each on our own coming to that conclusion.

We agree on Manson needing his head to be checked ( or removed)

The nuclear family , probably doesnt happen as much as anyone ever thought, but it is one of many workable models.

I dont know what Hitler was aiming toward, but I like the idea of the autobahn.

I understand what you are theorizing but it is not the way organizations work in the real world. Your theory works only for a collective comprising you and yourself provided you don't have DID (dissociative identity disorder) like Norman Bates. :D

Wake up sree!

There are no organizations !

:)

PS ther isnt any Santa Claus either. sorry :(

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

How many social revolutions does it take to do what?

How many social revolutions does it take before you see they bring about new forms of the old way of enslaving you?

Im not sure what you mean.

I meant that Richard Wolffe was blaming the rich for the misery of the poor.

They choose other than to conform with expectations of others or to rules they want obeyed by others,,,thereby they exempt themselves. The organization doesnt exist materially its just an abstraction, just as marriage is ,as well as the

'posession or relationship with her children"

Ok, so you are saying that dad chooses other than to conform with expectations of mom and the kids and thereby exempt himself? Isn’t that called reneging?

If marriage/family as an organization is an abstraction and doesn’t really exist, then every party to the deal is just faking it?

What does this tell you about the integrity of the individual who forms relationships he knows is real only to other people, and who reserves the right of exemption from honoring mutual promises if he so chooses?

My opinions are mine , collective societies opinions are collectively arrived at and consented to by individuals , but that doesnt make any of the opinions anything other than abstractions"

We may agree on some things but that doesnt mean that the thing we argeed on has some kind of truth based on that concordance.

We are still two different entities each on our own coming to that conclusion.

We agree on Manson needing his head to be checked ( or removed)

As long as you are part of the organization, you shall be compliant without exemption.

This is why organizations like the USA have laws, penitentiaries, and capital punishment for individuals who have opinions of their own at the expense of others in society which such individuals would deign to deem an arbitrary abstraction.

The only opinions you may have are on sodas and candy bars in vending machines. And mind the security cameras as you exercise your choice responsibly.

The nuclear family , probably doesnt happen as much as anyone ever thought, but it is one of many workable models.

How can you say the nuclear family works if it doesn’t happen as much as anyone ever thought?

A similar failure rate would spell doom for the model at any business enterprise to stop cash burn. What is preventing you from exercising a definitive opinion in this case?

I dont know what Hitler was aiming toward, but I like the idea of the autobahn.

Hitler was a guy who had your feelings about the right to one’s own opinions, and it wasn’t just talk because he acted on his own opinions and made definitive choices. He was an individual and acted like one. He had integrity because he was true to himself: he said what he thought, and did what he said.

It wasn’t just the autobahn, there were other innovative ideas he had for the modernization of Germany and those ideas formed the template for post-war modernization of Europe and the USA including the modernization of China today.

I don’t think we are allowed to discuss Hitler, so let’s drop it.

You were offering criticisms of the family structure and the questionable attitudes that might be bred by the non-traditional (Hitler-youth) way of raising kids. Isn't a collective responsibility for raising kids properly more effective in ensuring a level playing field for all? Every individual leaves the same starting gate at the same time in a race to the top.

The Tao of Dying cannot exist in unwholesome societies in which babies are brought into the world to die of AIDS and other diseases, to suffer the sins of their parents. Do professors of economics - like Richard Wolff - factor this into conclusions about poverty and not just use the poor to advance social agendas?

Wake up sree!

There are no organizations !

The organization is you, the individual, even if you don't see it. It is reality in abstraction.

Society is the individual. If society is sick, individuals are sick. Is there a cure, a way out?

I forget. You did say there is no way out. Everybody dies. And that is an opinion keeping us all in prison.

Edited by sree

I think I can see your perspective, although you do not know what I am thinking btw

So, what are you thinking? Help me to see your perspective the way I helped you see mine.

But the girl will die, perhaps if she lives her life differently. It will be from different causes than her parents / siblings.

The point is, the girl will not die like a whore the way all females in her world die.

But life starts and life ends, Duality it's like that

so all we can really do is look after living while alive and death while dead.

This is what you see in your life – life starts, life ends; and all that duality crap – the way girls are brought up to see the fate of females in their world in Manila.

If the Tao of Dying was a book one of those girls wrote, it would be a book on how to live without having to die like a whore. As you said, in writing that book, she will learn to live differently.

Now, if the Tao of Dying is a book written by you, it would have to be a book about how to live differently too so you won’t end up dying like a bozo, wouldn’t it?

You know what bozos are? They are like guys who fly in an airplane that they know will end in a mighty crash - when either the fuel is gone or the plane malfunctions and falls apart – and yet won’t try to figure out how to save themselves. They feel smart knowing they don’t know how, can’t know how and can never know how.

It won’t even occur to them that there are parachutes under their seats. You would have to strap their parachutes on for them and kick them out the door. Planes have been crashing with no survivors. As long as we want to be bozos, God will keep practising wu-wei.

I don't think the nuclear family is a good model for raising kids. In relation to the Tao of dying it is also not too good for elderly and infirm who need help and end up being a "burden." Anthropologically, it has not been that long since we lived in tribal groups or at least in communities with lots of extended family nearby. It might sound hokey but it really does take a village. Too many parents in nuclear families end up being pulled apart with childcare, their own parents needs and trying go to work. Factors are different for a single healthy person. To raise children or care for elderly is very stressful and difficult in our culture unless people have lots of social support- or lots of money.

• Like 2

I don't think the nuclear family is a good model for raising kids. In relation to the Tao of dying it is also not too good for elderly and infirm who need help and end up being a "burden." Anthropologically, it has not been that long since we lived in tribal groups or at least in communities with lots of extended family nearby. It might sound hokey but it really does take a village. Too many parents in nuclear families end up being pulled apart with childcare, their own parents needs and trying go to work. Factors are different for a single healthy person. To raise children or care for elderly is very stressful and difficult in our culture unless people have lots of social support- or lots of money.

Yes, the nuclear family is not good for kids. It is not good for anyone because it polarizes people into separate units. Mom suffers when dad gets violent and neighbhors are not suppose to interfere. This is how those three women were kept chained for ten years in a basement by this one guy in Cleveland, Ohio. It's not good even for good men too when they are forced to support their respective families on their own in a tough world.

You outlined great points about problems with the nuclear family. This to me is true spirituality because you feel the pain, the way the Buddha felt the pain of being human.

Yes, the nuclear family is not good for kids. It is not good for anyone because it polarizes people into separate units. Mom suffers when dad gets violent and neighbhors are not suppose to interfere. This is how those three women were kept chained for ten years in a basement by this one guy in Cleveland, Ohio. It's not good even for good men too when they are forced to support their respective families on their own in a tough world.

You outlined great points about problems with the nuclear family. This to me is true spirituality because you feel the pain, the way the Buddha felt the pain of being human.

Yep, you also feel the pain when taking a good dump..

You know how to live but do you know how to die?

The Daoist School Zhen Dao has a practice of a correct death, which is used for a proper leaving of this world.

This method makes it possible to move your spirit to a higher world quickly and easily, and even to plan your next birth with conditions necessary for a successful improvement in the future.

To do it, you must have an open central channel, and to be able to close the lower gates (Huiying), to know a special mantra, to have Elixir of Immortality (the more Yang energy will be there, the greater will be the strength, opportunities and rights to choose conditions), and it is highly desirable to know the basic techniques of stars' practices, and even better to be able to work with the North Star.

Edited by Vitalii

Yep, you also feel the pain when taking a good dump..

If you do, then the dump can't be good. You're constipating. Watch out for blood.

Do you find my kind of spirituality painful to take in? It has nothing to do with your kind. It has no ghosts, no spirits, no afterlife, no fancy stuff but solely focuses on this life - the human condition - which includes spiritualists like you and materialists on Wall Street. It's a sort of a balanced-diet. :D

Edited by sree

The Daoist School Zhen Dao has a practice of a correct death, which is used for a proper leaving of this world.

This method makes it possible to move your spirit to a higher world quickly and easily, and even to plan your next birth with conditions necessary for a successful improvement in the future.

To do it, you must have an open central channel, and to be able to close the lower gates (Huiying), to know a special mantra, to have Elixir of Immortality (the more Yang energy will be there, the greater will be the strength, opportunities and rights to choose conditions), and it is highly desirable to know the basic techniques of stars' practices, and even better to be able to work with the North Star.

Do you work for a living, Vitalii? What is your trade? And what do you plan for your next birth?

Edited by sree

Do you work for a living, Vitalii? What is your trade? And what do you plan for your next birth?

I don't understand what you want to tell me.

I want to say that Daoist tradition uses many methods for cultivation of life, including a practice of a correct death

I don't understand what you want to tell me.

I want to say that Daoist tradition uses many methods for cultivation of life, including a practice of a correct death

I am trying to know the Zhen Dao teaching as you understand it with regards to getting a better life next time around. Are you working towards planning a better next life? Better in what sense? What is better to you may be different for me. This is why I asked you about your life now. Do you work for a living? Do you like to work for a living? If not, then for your next life you may want to be born in a wealthy family so you never have to work. Then again, you may like to work for a living but not in the present job. So, next life you may want a job you like. This is why I asked you what is your trade.

Do you understand now?

By the way, I checked the internet for Zhen Dao and found only Quanzhen Dao. Is that it?

真道派 means "The One True Faith". This will cause controversy as we live in a world of many "One True Faiths".

Edited by sree

I am trying to know the Zhen Dao teaching as you understand it with regards to getting a better life next time around. Are you working towards planning a better next life? Better in what sense? What is better to you may be different for me. This is why I asked you about your life now. Do you work for a living? Do you like to work for a living? If not, then for your next life you may want to be born in a wealthy family so you never have to work. Then again, you may like to work for a living but not in the present job. So, next life you may want a job you like. This is why I asked you what is your trade.

Do you understand now?

By the way, I checked the internet for Zhen Dao and found only Quanzhen Dao. Is that it?

if you want to know about Zheng Dao you can find more information here http://zhendaopai.com/

真道派 means "The One True Faith". This will cause controversy as we live in a world of many "One True Faiths".

you made a mistake,

真道派 means - "Perfect Dao" or "Way of of Truth" or "Way of Perfection" or "The True Way"

Way which helps us understand the Truth [Dao]

Edited by Vitalii