eat meat gross

I dare not eat meat.

That depends on what belief you hold onto.

If you believe all creatures with flesh are your mothers/fathers/children, then yes.

If you don't believe this, then in your world, it does not hold true.

It is subjective and therefore a conditioned viewpoint.

Oh there's reasons to not eat meat, for sure.

Just 2 days ago i restarted eating meat after 5 years not eating any. i'm deficient and am turning to meat as a way to strengthen my body. Long story short, i have a lot of trouble taking care of myself with all the work and stress part and parcel of my life, and i've been getting worse and not better lately, so i decided to turn to meat as a not quite last resort (i'm not dying or anything), but still to stop a slide into ill health. But i like meditating and for spiritual reasons (ie: cultivating my highest consciousness) and for ethical and environmental reasons too I shunned meat-eats for all this time.

Maybe it's because i'm deficient and have been eating too much sugary stuff that isn't any good for my body-mind (thereby lowering my consciousness), but i was surprised how restarting meat eating has not had horrible awful effects on my consciousness that i feared it would. Granted, it's made me a bit sluggish and more 'tamasic' but only for a little while and not when i eat a little bit (of chicken & shrimp, to be precise).

Funny, but i'd say that living in a way over these years that led me into blood deficiency, my clarity and awareness has suffered like i thought it would from eating meat (but for the opposite reason: instead of too much sludge and low-level vibrations, i've just become a tumblweed, ungrounded).

It is said blood is the residence of the shen (meaning that strong blood provides strong roots for the shen/mind, but poor blood means the shen is unrooted, resulting in an ungrounded person).

Now I'm seeing how for some one like me, eating meat when deficient may actually contribute to a better Shen, to higher consciousness, although I still suspect too much meat will dull the mind... so, middle path! (remember how Buddha drank that raw milk?).

Goes to show, extremes are no way to go. They say meat isn't conducive to the spiritual path, but neither is a weakened body.

I'll see where this goes, if I find longer term low dose meat eating has a dulling effect (unless, of course, I'm too dull to notice: Catch 22) and what can be done to lift body mind and consciousness in this modern world of work work work.

It's like that dude who went rock climbing and then he got jammed into that ravine and he had to saw off his arm with one of those cheap China-made pocket knives - he said cutting through the nerve was the worst pain -- and so he was able to escape.

But would he have eaten his own arm if necessary? I mean he almost bled to death -- but cannibalism did happen more often than people realize by European-Americans spreading out along the West -- taking over and killing off the Indians.

A good book is Ecological Imperialism by Professor Alfred Crosby about how Western civilization is just spreading plagues and pests and monocultural ecocide around the world so that Westerners can have their farms.

So the Bushmen - the original humans for 90% of human history -- they eat meat but they let the animal's body sit overnight so the spirit doesn't see that the humans are eating the body -- otherwise the animal spirit would tell the other animals to avoid the humans.

So then the males avoid the females to store up their male electromagnetic energy and when the males hold the bow they can use their electromagnetic energy to sense the animal through the bow - and this energy also attracts the animal to be killed.

A good book on this is Women Like Meat by professor Megan Beisele.

Yeah qigong master Chunyi Lin is completely vegetarian. I was vegetarian for 15 years.

Truly depends. I rarely eat meat. But when I do, I do notice my body does a good job or absorbing the all the fat and nutrience in the meat. A high carb diet is definitely needed if one is constantly working. If your a monk who is meditating most of the day or hardly doing any physical work, being a vegitarian is quite easy. Your body wont need to burn as many carbs and you can enjoy the hightened sense of awareness that comes with not eating meat. But there are other things to eat, or blend with a blender that can help one's blood vitality. What comes to mind is blending up a bunch of celery and increasing one's iron intact. Our energy is in our breath, for the most part.

Meat definitely grounds me, but it is not a huge deal concerning the fact that I rarely eat it. Maybe once a week or every two weeks at most, if that. Mostly fruits and veggies for me, and alot of grain.

It is interesting to see that some yogi's will never touch meat as well due to beliefs. The path of asectic to say the least. But once again one must take into account the amount of physical work said invididual is doing and the diet involve. Then again, some yogi's are fat.

I would really like to talk to a kung-fu master or qigong master who is fit and in shape. It is possible to stay gain muscle without meat and keep it.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

A lot of Tai Chi / Chi Kung or "Internal" Kung Fu Instructors are Vegetarians.

Some due to their belief that killing animals is wrong.

Some because they believe that it's a Healthier lifestyle.

Yet others in order that they generate / save more Chi, be more supple, etc.

Most of them wouldn't give a jot about gaining muscles or staying in shape, in the western understanding. ;)

There's a great Chapter on being a Vegetarian, in a new Kindle e-Book by Master Howard Gibbon.

It's called "It's Tai Chi Jim, but not as we know it !"

Edited by Basher
  • Like 2

For thou meat belong to my mother, father and child.

I guess if you want some meat, you'll eat it. There''ll be some meat somewhere that is for you.

Here in the UK there's a HUGE hoo-ha going on at the moment.

Supermarkets have been selling stuff marked as Beef Lasagne, it's been DNA tested & come back as 90% Horse Meat !!!

Loads of similar goings on with Burgers, Kebabs etc.

Halal meat found to contain Pork !!! etc etc.

If that's not enough to put you off eating Meat, I dunno what is.

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

the human digestive tract has evolved based on an omnivorous diet. our teeth, stomach enzymes, and intestines are designed to digest meat.

i suggest reading "eat right according to your blood type" which, although disputed by some, outlines the need for some people to supplement their diet with meat.

i got sick when i was vegan, and i was supplementing with b-complex and extra iron, etc... doing it right

Edited by konchog uma

Here in the UK there's a HUGE hoo-ha going on at the moment.

Supermarkets have been selling stuff marked as Beef Lasagne, it's been DNA tested & come back as 90% Horse Meat !!!

Loads of similar goings on with Burgers, Kebabs etc.

Halal meat found to contain Pork !!! etc etc.

If that's not enough to put you off eating Meat, I dunno what is.

OH I missed this! Where?! What lasagne!

French lasagna.. :ph34r:

When the Bushmen train to be energy masters they don't eat meat and they fast. But they train at puberty when sex energy is strong. When Tibetans go into tummo they eat meat at first but then fast.

So meat is like the rocket boosters that have to be cast off.

Brahmins secretly eat meat while claiming to be vegetarian.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

OH I missed this! Where?! What lasagne!

French lasagna.. :ph34r:

ALLEGEDLY .... Slaughterhouses in Ireland, France & Romania have been knowingly or unknowingly been selling various Meats to various suppliers...which have ended up on supermarket shelves mis-labelled. all of the major Supermarkets stocks have had to be DNA tested. Loads were found to be contaminated, ie contained trace quantities of Meat from another animal.

Some were found to contain virtually none of the Animal mentioned on the packaging. (ie they were 100% something else !!!)

The French eat Horse meat without any problem, but the British don't. If a lost or "stolen" Horse finds it's way into the food chain, how do we know it hasn't been treated with drugs which can effect humans ?

UK food industry has been TOLD to clean up its act, reduce the complexity of the Supply chain & will all be subject to random DNA testing of any Meat products.

Actually my mum caught a Brahmin eating a pig , telling me afterwards how they pretend . So funny that I am actually posting this .

You know that Kashmiri Brahmins are not necesarry vegeterian , as well as a lot of Bengalis of whom many claim to be veggie but eat fish . So in Orissa they joke saying that Bengalis think that fish is a vegetable .

source please :)

hold on...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7708836/A-Brahmins-Cow-Tales-History-of-Beef-Eating-in-India-by-Hindus

well start with that.

Hindu manners, customs, and ceremonies - Page 110 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?id=0kNuAAAAMAAJ
And there are many Brahmins from the northern provinces who make no secret of the fact that they eat meat.
Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

owever, convinced that repeated Brahminical injunctions not to kill cows reflected a popular proclivity for beef, Jha went further and unearthed irrefutable evidence of cow slaughter and consumption by Hindus of all classes, including Brahmins, until as late as the 19th century. "I was expecting this," says Jha, who tasted beef for the first time nearly 30 years ago at Cambridge. "It was difficult to believe Brahmins were laying down norms without a reason. I think there is much more evidence than I got."

The cow as a sacred animal, Jha believes, did not really gain currency until Dayanand Saraswati's cow protection movement in the 19th century".

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?213159

• Like 1

i think the obvious truth here is that people are diverse, and some people in high spiritual positions will inevitably not live up to everyone's standards.

• Like 2

In the first place, we have the fact that the Untouchables,

or the main communities which compose them, eat the dead cow

and those who eat the dead cow are tainted with untouchability

and no others. The corelation between untouchability and the

use of the dead cow is so great and so close that the thesis that

it is the root of untouchability seems to be incontrovertible.

In the second place, if there is anything that separates the

Untouchables from the Hindus, it is beef-eating.

http://navayana.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/jhaexcerpt.pdf

Untouchability, the Dead Cow and the Brahmin - Navayana
  • Like 1

source please :)

I'll often have sauce with Meat Dishes, usually Tomato Ketchup, HP or Reggae reggae !

(Sorry) LOL

Actually my mum caught a Brahmin eating a pig , telling me afterwards how they pretend . So funny that I am actually posting this .

You know that Kashmiri Brahmins are not necesarry vegeterian , as well as a lot of Bengalis of whom many claim to be veggie but eat fish . So in Orissa they joke saying that Bengalis think that fish is a vegetable .

This is :D , thanks for sharing.

Drew that info is really eye opening and fascinating.

Basher, we are all here to tune up our connection to sauce, and some of us get into a bit of a branston in the process...

• Like 2

I'll often have sauce with Meat Dishes, usually Tomato Ketchup, HP or Reggae reggae !

(Sorry) LOL

sounds like your on the sauce :)

A good friend of mine who was hard core vegetarian for years switched and began eating meat again. He was feeling weak and getting sick more often the he liked. I think you have to listen to your body. For some optimum health might well include a little fish or animal protein. Some might need it for 'grounding' too. Still I admire vegetarians for a more ethical diet and for millions of people it works well.

Basher, we are all here to tune up our connection to sauce, and some of us get into a bit of a branston in the process...

Its gotta be Tomato Ketchup on Chips, HP/Brown sauce on Bacon (sorry Veggies), Reggae Reggae livens up a Shepherds Pie.

One Christmas, when all the Family were gathered round for a nice Meal, I brought out all the sauces, just to ensure everybodys tastes were covered.

Somebody brought out the Branston and I got in a complete Pickle !!