Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Bath Salts

Heard they are good for grounding

Just tried it, feel relaxed

Google it, get a ton of results say its dangerous, but these are coming from CNN.com lol

Anyone experienced bath salts

Edited by sinansencer

I have tried Himalayan salt, its great.

Slow boil some ginger in water and add that extract to your bath.

If your really pro then add some rosemary extract with that ginger ;D

• Like 1

Epsom salts, dead Sea salt, seaweed.. love all these to bathe in, also Moors mud is really good. seaweed very smelly bathroom experience, although I dont notice it when I am in there.. afterward very salty marine smell permeates room. Moors mud fantastically detoxifying and relaxing and wonderful for skin, and really really messy.

At the moment I'm using magnesium flakes which are very relaxing and lovely texture in the water.. apparently we are all magnesium deficient, so transdermal is a good way to go as skin and joints get easy benefit.

Epsom salts so cheap and effective.

• Like 3

Yes, the dangerous version is a synthetic drug that is sold marketed as "bath salts". It has been known to cause people to engage in behaviors as extreme as trying to eat another person alive. My understanding is that one of the side effects of the drug is that it raises internal temperature to the point that it literally cooks the user's brain, leading to hallucinations among other problems.

Wow!!!!!

:excl:

Thanks for telling.

My understanding is that one of the side effects of the drug is that it raises internal temperature to the point that it literally cooks the user's brain, leading to hallucinations among other problems.

-_- no. cooking your brain will not cause hallucinations. hallucinations are caused by different chemicals in the brain. Another popular rumor is that ecstasy eats holes in your brain or shrooms make your spinal cord poke your brain and blood drips down and that makes you trip. All of this is complete nonsense. Drug activity can range from simulating what schizophrenia might be like to various effects gained from energy cultivation, but noone would take something that straight up cooks their brain because you would die on the spot. Do you just listen to everything you hear in the news and blindly parrot it?

I had one today (a bath). I do mudras in the bath. More than anywhere else. I think it's just because my elbows come up to the right height if I lean them on the edges. That's quite a bad reason to do them in the bath I guess. I like baths when it's cold out and showers when it's hot out. You can put things in baths you can't in showers (like salt). Also, many shower stalls are too small to feel comfortable in. I have often banged my elbows in shower stalls that are too small.

• Like 1

I think there's something to anointing oneself in the shower. I have a container of rough salt mixed with oil that I'll rub/scrape on myself in the shower. Very stimulating. Maybe even better then a salt bath. Speaking of which Epsom salt is good in the bath and cheap and readily available, plus you don't mind using a large amount. A quart is just few bucks.

Nice to chant in the shower too. The acoustics add to it and the whole feeling of shower adds to letting go of things.

I have used bath salts for years, but usally shower for convenience. After I was advised to try salted baths by a friend, so I revisted them on a more regular basis. Word of warning though, hot bath, good dosage of salts and qigong can lead to weird times! :D

But both the physcial and energy body do sure work out some kinks :o

Best,

Edited by snowmonki

I have one of those as my bedside light, because tis a source of negative ions.

I have a normal light as my bedside light as the salt lamp is no where near bright enough to be able to read a book.

Hehe, I was in a store which sold those salt lamps one day, and the lady in the store was telling me about a customer who thought that they should clean their lamp. Not knowing it was made out of salt (they do look sorta like rose quartz) she put it in the dishwasher. Afterwards she couldn't figure out where her lamp dissapeared to!

Epson salts can be good for cleansing baths too! My favorite use though is after too much Bagua for my poor legs, heh.

• Like 2

I have a normal light as my bedside light as the salt lamp is no where near bright enough to be able to read a book.

I dont do book reading in bed at night, although the lamp I have is quite big. I very much like the light it gives off in the room, its a little bit like having a fire going, though of course it doesnt flicker.

Salt crystals for salt lamps are mined in Russia and central Europe as well as in the Himalayas. Salt lamps make attractive accent lights. Their main attraction, however, is that the heating of the salt causes the crystal to release negative ions (often called simply 'ions').

Negative ions have long been considered healthy; the sea air, mountain air and the air around swiftly running water is high in negative ions. Indoor air, recirculated air, and air around electronic equipment is very low in negative ions. Many office workers who suffer health complaints around fluorescent lighting and computer monitors report considerably less fatigue and headaches if the concentration of negative ions in the air is increased. Why negative ions may be beneficial is only partially understood.

It has been shown that negative ions in the air bind with airborne pollutants, making them heavier so that they fall to the ground, and therefore are unavailable to be inhaled. Many modern air purifiers - the so-called 'ionic air cleaners' - use this technique to provide cleaner indoor air for allergy sufferers. Some studies seem to indicate that an increase in negative ions in the air increases bloodflow to the brain, which would have the effect of improved concentration. The salt lamp is an attractive alternative to the utilitarian look of an air purifier.

The amount of negative ions a salt lamp can release depends on its size and how warm the candle or lightbulb can make it. The larger the crystal, obviously, the more expensive the lamp, but the larger area it can provide with negative ions. Salt lamps that produce 'night-light' amounts of light can provide ions to an area equal to the average office cubicle.

Ho joy! Gota get a salt lamp now :D

About bath salt, if you use salt + ginger with very hot water for about 20-30 min then you really detox your body.

Exposing your eyes in the salted water also detox your eyes.

Keep some drinkable water next to your bath tub and enjoy.

After the bath you rest on a towel under you and over you while your body sweat as a reaction from all the heat.

You're going to sweat a lot, the bottom towel is gona become all wet :D

Again keep drinkable water next to the place you rest as well, like the bed.

It's better to have everything ready since filling a glass of water after the heat bath is not a easy task.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this