Yen Hui

McKenna, the I Ching, and 2012

Your story is interesting for sure. Will you take it?

Not sure, yet. I'll have a better idea after I take the tour. The property can be viewed online @ =>>

http://www.mls.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?vd=...pertyID=5216979 <<=

Regarding your acquaintance who's going into huge debt, in preparation for "the shift", he is taking a big risk for

sure; but if "the shift" happens, as he anticipates it might, then there's a very good chance the world banking

system will collapse, and all existing debts will be wiped clean! And it's not likely there will be too many people

in a position to buy property afterward, so even if the bank holding his mortgage survives, I doubt it's going to

try and repossess any homes. What kind of market value will they have after "the shift"? Paper money will be

worthless, and probably the only thing that will have any purchasing power will be precious metals and stones!

Most people will need to learn how to literally survive from hand-to-mouth. But that's another big issue in itself!

Edited by Yen Hui

Because its so visual I wonder if there is a good poster showing the many permutations of the I Ching.

Michael

or a huge dart board where you throw 3 darts at once.

Because its so visual I wonder if there is a good poster showing the many permutations of the I Ching.

Michael

or a huge dart board where you throw 3 darts at once.

For a dart board, the Circular I Ching is ideal! You can simply throw six darts instead of tossing three coins six times. (A pic of the Circular I Ching adorns the upper left corner of the forum whose link is attached to my signature. You can make a dart board like this yourself if you like... I occasionally paint the Circular I Ching as part of my calligraphy practice, with brush and ink.)

Right. Something like that but with more words. I can see how just staring at it would act as a Ouji board guiding you to thought places you need to go.

I googled I Ching posters and haven't found what I was looking for. Something like your symbol, but with words would be close.

Michael

Right. Something like that but with more words. I can see how just staring at it would act as a Ouji board guiding you to thought places you need to go.

I googled I Ching posters and haven't found what I was looking for. Something like your symbol, but with words would be close.

Michael

Here's something I found

http://www.changecycle.org/theichingguy/index.htm

I also have Wilhelm in German, W/B, Cleary and my best scholarly translation is from Richard John Lynn. The last one is always the first one I consult and return to after reading the others.

I use to own a copy of Lynn's translation of Wang Pi's I Ching, until one day I sold my entire Library. It's a

good version, for sure, and Wilhelm refers to it in the Intro to his own I Ching; and although it was not the

version upon which he based his own, he does speak very highly of it, as though it exerted a considerable

influence over him.

Here's a few interesting places online, that I've stumbled upon:-

01 - I Ching Wisdom

http://www.ichingwisdom.com/IChingWisdom/index.html

02 - I Ching: Structure, Origin, and Interpretations - Chapter 2

@ http://www.redwingbooks.com/html/catalog/d...ChiHanHac_E.pdf

03 - A Critical Survey of I Ching Books - A discussion of the different I Ching versions.

@ http://www.biroco.com/yijing/survey.htm

04 - On the Neo-Taoism of Wang Pi - Sheds light on the Wang Pi / R.J. Lynn I Ching.

@ http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Philosophy/Taichi/neo-taoism.html

05 - On Divination and Sacrifice in Song Dynasty Neo-Confucianism

@ http://www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/Fac/...ng/Divining.htm

06 - An Archive of Yijing Scans from Chinese and Other Sources @ http://biroco.com/yijing/scan.htm

This link provides some circular diagrams. For an excellent treatment of such diagrams,

check out Thomas Cleary's book of I Ching Mandalas. This link also provides a highly

interesting article by Aurthur Waley.

07 - On Leibniz, the I Ching, and Chu Hsi's Circular Diagram

@ http://www.69yinyang.com/ICscience/digital11.html

08 - The End of the River - Another Look at McKenna's Timewave Theory!

@ http://www.serendipity.li/twz/gyrus/river.htm

>>His theory, I don't know where he got it from, is that the earth's polarity is going to reverse. Apparently, the African continent is supposed to be one of the few safe areas left to live after 2012.<<

I don't know about the African continent but at least the change of the earth's polarity is a scientific fact... this happens every I do not know how many thousands of years and apparently we are already overdue... as far as I know there is no consensus on what is going to happen... the latest I heard was that for a few days we might be without sun protection but then are said to get back to "normal"... nevertheless: it is to assume that at least birds will behave differently...

with smiles

Harry

Wayfarer'

Greetings from my seclusion :)

Just wondered,what do you think of this explanation of the use of the Yi (or any other 'random' system ) for divination...

"We could sum up divination by saying that its what we do when we conjure for an omen..

...it would seem reasonable to search out an omen to show us the power flows active at the moment.But omens only come when they want to,especially since they need a certain amount of energy to cause the natural world to spawn an articulate event...So instead of waiting for and hoping to get enough energy to move the natural world to action, we provide an artificial world that is far more sensitive to the weaker tensions we have available to move it,and this artificial world is the medium of divination....

We assume that the psychic stress carried by our question is sufficient to sway the feather of chance in such a way that the card or coins produce a meaningful answer.....

The very act of asking the first time discharges the energy that gives the question its tension,and so removes the force that can move the oracle in a meaningful way."

-SHAPING FORMLESS FIRE by Stephen Mace,pp25-27.

Its probably ultimately a 'subjective' perception in the end,but I dont find that the criticisms of the divinatory use of the Yi really stick.

The "You can fit any situation into any Hexagram" does NOT hold for me.In my first attempt at serious use.loooongg ago when I was a mere adolescent,I misread the instructions & constructed the hexagram from the top down! This gave me a reading that made NO sense whatsoever,& led me to the conclusion that it doesnt work & was a waste of time.

Anyhow,if I had read it properly,the actual hexagram being indicated was a stern warning of immanent disaster due to my complacence,& I better open my eyes.And it was spot on.I went back to the Yi after the unfortunate events unfolded,realised my error when rereading the instructions,& then located the actaul hexagram I should have read the first time around.It is no exagerration to say it would have saved me a great deal of suffering.

The next usual one,it should give consistent answers on the same subject in a small time frame,doesnt take into accoumt that the average persons energy will be discharged in the first consultation,& will so lose its divinatory power.But more importatntly,the potent persons energy will not be so redaily discharged,& they WILL get essntially the same answer with repeated consultations in a short time-frame!! But I suppose you have to be there to see that one (as I have,that not with my own consultations),otherwise its just another shaggy-shoggoth story.

Anyhow,I am VERY sympathetic to the right use of random divination,of deliberately building a hypersensitive artificial 'world' that can them be moved by the energy built up in the tension of your question.But it must be realised that consistent results require it to be a serious conjuration.

Just wanted to throw that one at you :lol:

Regards,Cloud :)

Hey there Cloud Recluse,

I've missed your input of late. I hope you remain somewhat less reclusive for a while.

I agree with your points and can only add that I do not know why/how the Yi Jing works as it does... Jung has some explanations due to synchronocity and the oneness of all life, but it is something of a mystery for some folks' logical levels of mental constructs.

It works for those who "get it" and trust it. It seems to give in a meaningful way. This is extraordinary to me. Even my family and friends seldom give me gifts I want or need and they supposedly thought about them as offerings to better my life as they see it.

Meditation helps the process and an open hearted attempt at doing positive things with the results is also a boon to the process. It has not let me down in the 40 years I've been using it as a window into the wider world and where I fit into it.

stay well out there -Pat

... the latest I heard was that for a few days we might be without sun protection but then are said to get back

to "normal"... nevertheless: it is to assume that at least birds will behave differently...

hey there Harry ~

I was just sittin' here wonderin' ~ If the Sun just happens to fire out a coronal mass ejection, or massive solar

flare at us just when our shield is down, then what? Will it set the earth surface and atmosphere on fire? How

would that affect global warming? How many billions of human lives would be affected? One? Two? More? Is

there any point or wisdom in preparing a refuge or safe haven for trying to weather such a world cataclysm?

But more importatntly,the potent persons energy will not be so redaily discharged,& they WILL get essntially

the same answer with repeated consultations in a short time-frame!!

Hey there Cloud Recluse ~ Sorry for the oversight, but thanks for the input. While I'm inclined to tweak your

theory in a couple places, it basically agrees with me.

According to 'the Treatise' (or the Ta Chuan) the sages developed a mediumistic power to subconsciously

manipulate the vibrational frequency of the yarrow stalks, through the power of intention. Thus it says in the

first section of Lao Tzu, according to Cleary's version, ever 'intent, thereby observing the apparent'; indicating

that intent directly influences the outer world, or macrocosm.

Their supreme concentration caused a mysterious invisible energy to emanate from them, which expressed

itself through the changes, so as to reveal a message in tune or in-sync with the present reality. According to

the I Ching itself, our success ratio with the Oracle only improves with time and tuning, or the development of

cosmic intelligence and spiritual awareness of the higher frequencies.

Jung has some explanations due to synchronocity and the oneness of all life ... It works for those who "get it"

and trust it ... Meditation helps the process and an open hearted attempt at doing positive things with the

results is also a boon to the process.

Hi there Pat ~ I like your explanation, too! The points quoted above speak to me. Meditation is absolutely

critical to cultivating the right 'alpha' frequency to stimulation of the coins. The unity of primordial energy, the

matrix, or life force is also of central importance.

The 'trust' you speak of is absolutely necessary too, but there are varying degrees of purity in faith; that is,

great faith and weak faith. Strong faith is more effective and promises better results.

Incidentally, here's a cool website for all you seekers just beginning down the path of I Ching divination:-

Thoughts, Observations, and Information about the I Ching

Cheers bro's ~ Yen Hui

Edited by Yen Hui

Hi Yen Hui

>>I was just sittin' here wonderin' ~ If the Sun just happens to fire out a coronal mass ejection, or massive solar flare at us just when our shield is down, then what? Will it set the earth surface and atmosphere on fire? How would that affect global warming? How many billions of human lives would be affected? One? Two? More? Is

there any point or wisdom in preparing a refuge or safe haven for trying to weather such a world cataclysm? <<

To be honest. I have absolutely no clue AND: I do not worry about it. If it happens it happens and life will continue in one way or the other. Does it matter if it affects one, two or more? One is not more or less worth then many and many are actually maybe just one and it all maybe just an illusion. At the end of the day it will be an experience, an experience that either happens or doe not happen.

with smiles

Harry

Does it matter if it affects one, two or more?

Just to clarify, I was referring to one or two billion people. For me, that would matter, especially if I'm one of the

survivors that has to deal with the aftermath. According to the Mayans, the scenario I sketched out there is a

very real possibility. Present-day scientists are telling us that the current solar activity of the Sun is historically

unprecedented and is due to climax in Dec 2012. Thanks :D ~ Yen

>>Just to clarify, I was referring to one or two billion people.<<

Ah well. My more included the billion(s) basically :D

>>For me, that would matter, especially if I'm one of the survivors that has to deal with the aftermath.<<

See. Lif taught me one lesson: take things one step at a time. The rest will take care of itself!

So I hit a big BMW motorcycle with my little Nissan Micra about two years ago: Many of the usual precalculations haven't turned out the way the could have.

precalculation:

motorcycle driver: dead

his corider: dead

me survivor but in prison.

Several possible reasons for death of the driver/and codriver:

- they get under the BMW

- they meet my front window or the downside of my car

- they somehow manage to fall into the way of a car that wants to bypass me

etc. etc. etc.

Outcome: my car got split in the middle

driver: little shoulder wound

codriver: fully okay

me: a little standing beside myself

driver did not approach a law suit. I payed 250 Euros in the end for reasons not mentioned... but not to the driver...

his BMW got repaired by insurance for 5000 Euro

my car got trashed...

how much of that was in any way predictable?

so: better not to worry.

Take things one step at a time and enjoy the ride ;)

with smiles

Harry