Sins of ommision, eh? Yikes! Here I've been skating along, smugly comfortable with avoiding at least the big, glaring abuses of power. Now that you mention it though, my powers, supernatural and otherwise, are chronically underutilized. If I don't use my powers I figure I won't be noticed, and I'm more comfortable disappearing. It's a false comfort though, perhaps akin to an anorexics false refuge in an ever-decreasing bodyweight--the numb semi-suicide of taking up less space in the world. Time to wake up.

I can understand :wub: ,and I can relate.

I think the remedy, as always, is consciousness -- asking, "what am I doing with myself in the world right now, and why?" from time to time. "Why," answered with brutal honesty, is sometimes a wake-up call.

I believe some "taoist habits" help too -- e.g. the I Ching used to give me the "sameness with people" hexagram when I was asking about certain ideas of applying certain "powers," meaning "don't do it, don't stick out." But after a while -- a different time, a different set of circumstances -- she started hitting me with the "be like the sun at noon" line, meaning "do it now, stop hiding." And then if I don't do it and keep hiding, she might give me "you let your magic tortoise go and look at me in disbelief?.." meaning, "you allow your power to fizzle out and look at me for answers? -- don't look at me, look at yourself!"

Taomeow, this perspective certainly rises interesting views on life. Would you have an idea of what happens to people who passively abuses their power, e.g. the creative person who doesn't finish the book?

Mandrake

I think so... Power is the ultimate form of qi which is both abstract and concrete, non-differentiated, "generic" all-encomapssing qi -- tao. Wuji plus taiji, houtian plus xiantian equals power. If you think of it this way, you understand what happens when you neither store and accumulate it nor apply it spontaneously nor use it in a focused and meaningful way toward particular happenings, toward unfolding. It dissipates back into chaos, the fathomless combo of being and nothingness, the "antimatter of tao," so to speak, its antithesis that can neither exist nor not exist.

The correctly translated TTC title, "The Way and its Power," reveals from the get-go that the subject matter of concern is this, power. It is either organized into meaningful units of precise application, or else gathered and stored, only to grow and unfold naturally -- however you go about it, you have to be mindful of its source and aim to imitate its ways, its how-to observed in nature. If you don't, it dissipates.

Simple but not easy...

• Like 1

like that guy in that show "heroes"?

watch out for the government bro

Havent seen that show...but yeh right now I can imagine what someone who overdosed on crack and died felt like.

I can understand :wub: ,and I can relate.

I think the remedy, as always, is consciousness -- asking, "what am I doing with myself in the world right now, and why?" from time to time. "Why," answered with brutal honesty, is sometimes a wake-up call.

I believe some "taoist habits" help too -- e.g. the I Ching used to give me the "sameness with people" hexagram when I was asking about certain ideas of applying certain "powers," meaning "don't do it, don't stick out." But after a while -- a different time, a different set of circumstances -- she started hitting me with the "be like the sun at noon" line, meaning "do it now, stop hiding." And then if I don't do it and keep hiding, she might give me "you let your magic tortoise go and look at me in disbelief?.." meaning, "you allow your power to fizzle out and look at me for answers? -- don't look at me, look at yourself!"

Thanks Taomeow! Yep, certainly makes sense that there are times to be more withdrawn, and other times when a more outward push is called for. Yin and yang I guess.

I think so... Power is the ultimate form of qi which is both abstract and concrete, non-differentiated, "generic" all-encomapssing qi -- tao. Wuji plus taiji, houtian plus xiantian equals power. If you think of it this way, you understand what happens when you neither store and accumulate it nor apply it spontaneously nor use it in a focused and meaningful way toward particular happenings, toward unfolding. It dissipates back into chaos, the fathomless combo of being and nothingness, the "antimatter of tao," so to speak, its antithesis that can neither exist nor not exist.

The correctly translated TTC title, "The Way and its Power," reveals from the get-go that the subject matter of concern is this, power. It is either organized into meaningful units of precise application, or else gathered and stored, only to grow and unfold naturally -- however you go about it, you have to be mindful of its source and aim to imitate its ways, its how-to observed in nature. If you don't, it dissipates.

Simple but not easy...

Thank you Taomeow for extrapolating.

Intuitively, sometimes the universe feels like a information field with beings as information processing units. Either we add or shape in an efficient way as to create meaning or we are recycled. To be able to flow, to act, and not act has therefore implications that are both spiritual and moral. One identifies the cycles of different magnitude in one's life and searches for understanding of how to deal with one's resources inside these very cycles. Success would imply that one improves the universe and preserves one self; failure leads one to be marginalized. Hence, there is purpose in each and every moment in life.

Would this rhyme with your understanding and experience?

Yours,

Mandrake

I'm a scoprio and I've had sex with scorpios. It is a transcendental experience.

We melt into each other, not the bodies really, but a sense of our two spirit essences blending into each other and becoming one during the intercourse.

Never experienced it with other Zodiacs.

The sensations are very similar to what I experience while meditating and lose thought/feeling of my body.

Edited by effilang