Sign in to follow this  
3bob

no one really has supernatural powers...

No one really has "supernatural powers" separate for themselves, for those that are true and honest about such a subject and who may also appear to have such as seen by others - know that the divine power, in whatever way one may interpret such and which is beyond interesting mental manipulations, really has them and that without its givingness and support via or as Source connection (which is recognized) they would very quickly crumble.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

I agree, because that would be based on ego, claiming the powers for ones' self. It is in the channel state, where the mind is voided and the body is receptive to ideas from within and energy transmission.

I am currently reading Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy; this woman gets deep into 'error thinking' and how healing can occur by getting under the error of the thinking that caused the diseased manifestation in the first place. This woman is on steroids as to her claims of the success she has enabled through allowing the great Mind to do the healing through her.

Fascinting stuff, and it all leads to the same Source and comes from the same Source. What we choose to call it is merely our choice. the success comes from our alignment and surrender to the great Mind, or whatever name we choose. Call it the Dao.

• Like 1

My point of view is very simple. We all have skills. Some of the quite unusual or more well developed. Mozart had very unusual skills, though most would not call them supernatural. Some people can hold their breadth longer and others can go longer without eating. Some may have greater sensitivity to this or to that. So are more obvious than others. Each of us has our own path and to be true to oneself will lead us toward the development of those skills for which reason we are here. "And this above all, to thine own self be true". Trying to be someone else can be frustrating, lead to poor health, and create possible prolonged unhappiness. Search within your own self and here you will find The Way which is Your Way . The skills you are seeking are within you not in someone else.

Edited by taijistudent
  • Like 2

Given that 'supernatural' powers go along with virtue and wisdom and a level of cultivation that is high... such uncoverings of abilities that become apparent due to stripping away of falsity just isnt going to be flaunted on a message board, or 'flaunted' anywhere.

The glimmers that we get of such things are just little specks of light that become apparent through the darkness of our unawakened state.

• Like 3

I am sure there are and I think there are certain supernatural powers that can easily be cultivated than others. Such as psychic abilities dealing with the mind and the conception of the mind. I am pretty sure psychic powers to influence and change our physical world are more difficult to cultivate.

No one really has "supernatural powers" separate for themselves, ...

Interesting, your words, "separate for themselves".

I have always denied any "supernatural" but your post basically allows for "supernatural power". I would agree with you totally if you had said "exceptional powers". Yes, these exceptional powers that very few have. Well, sure, they are powers given to us. (You know I don't speak of any divinities though. I would suggest that these powers are natural for that individual while also being exceptional overall.

I am of the understanding that we are all together in this - that we all have the same powers as the ones who are capable of exhibiting the exceptional - the Jesuses, the shamans, the sages, the levitators, the healers, ad infinitum. It's up to us individually to cut through our internal dross and find the Essence. Ego is the bully at the door, but ego can learn to be sidestepped and humility acquired, which is what I think the mindset must be for the Essence to be realized.

But...I have always been an extremist, so take that for what it's worth :huh:

Edited by manitou

My take,

An "exceptional" refinement of what could be called the normal senses and their related powers is or can be a very fortunate and healthy thing... whereas what could be called "supernatural powers" are like the next octave up and can not be seen or heard even by the exceptional refinement of what could be called the normal or common human senses or powers... thus imo denial or belief in such is moot and could also become unfortunate if one fixates either way on same without one having 1st hand experience of their own to go by. If you will (?) Tao is law and that law is divine, in this instance of meaning equating to the non-corruptible. Btw, certain levels or octaves of supernatural powers (being that are more than one) can be corrupted - but not past the point where doing so would instantly incinerate such an attempt and or the attemptee.

Mostly agreed Manitou, although I see a relatively healthy ego as being more of or used as a stepping stone instead of a stumbling block.

Om

Mostly agreed Manitou, although I see a relatively healthy ego as being more of or used as a stepping stone instead of a stumbling block.

Om

A stepping stone for 'accomplishment', agreed.

A stumbling block for humility.

But it is necessary so we dont drive into oncoming traffic.

I am sure there are and I think there are certain supernatural powers that can easily be cultivated than others. Such as psychic abilities dealing with the mind and the conception of the mind. I am pretty sure psychic powers to influence and change our physical world are more difficult to cultivate.

In the clip below from the movie The Scorpion King, a scorceress is forced to prove she still has the gift of sight in a game of Cobra Roulette (she must find the 2 empty urns where 4 of them have a deadly cobra inside). Do any of you see this as natural gift anyone could develop?

No one has supernatural powers because there is nothing supernatural in this universe.

They either have natural abilities, or they don't.

well... you all are rite and wrong! because noone really has supernatural powers, but there are those who do have supernatural powers. 1st lets break down the word (super-natural) natural powers that are super normal. that being said if you dont know how to develop these abilities they dont exist to you! so in that context noone has supernatural powers. you must ask yourself a question, how can you percieve what you are not aware of? and i dont care how much philosophy you recite if you are not aware of it then it dosent exist," TO YOU ". and it wont ever exist "To you" till you learn about how to percieve it then creating it, and creating it then percieveing it. no matter what it is! it doent mean that its not real and it dosent mean it dosent exist it just means you are not aware of it! and with these powers ego has nothing to do with it. ego will either lead you to the power or turn you away from the power. but thats why the philosophy was created because its so much easier than any of you think to develop these abilities. the thing is ppl who have developed their abilities to a high degree like myself really only look for similar egos to share the knowledge with!! and to throw you guys a bone without ego yo will never develop any power, your ego is the driving force for developing power any power. you only need to be sure of why yo want to develop the power and it must align with your ego. see most of you keep trying to follow a paht to power that dosent co-inside with your ego therefor you will never gain power, any power. even power over yourself! "so to all" get to know your ego its not going "anywhere" align your path with your ego and actually be happy! "" THE GREATEST LIES ARE TOLD TO THE SELF""..merceless one..

In the clip below from the movie The Scorpion King, a scorceress is forced to prove she still has the gift of sight ...

Yeah, I remember that scene. There was more to the test than you mentioned. She had lost her power because she and The Rock spent the night before together. She lost the power as well as something else but I'm sure she didn't regret it.

Super (above and beyond) natural. There is no such thing.

There are only natural abilities.

Things we don't understand scientifically we falsely label supernatural.

Radiowaves would have at one time been considered supernatural, but they never have been supernatural.

Science not understanding a phenomenon doesn't make it above or beyond nature itself.

well... you all are rite and wrong! because noone really has supernatural powers, but there are those who do have supernatural powers. 1st lets break down the word (super-natural) natural powers that are super normal. that being said if you dont know how to develop these abilities they dont exist to you! so in that context noone has supernatural powers. you must ask yourself a question, how can you percieve what you are not aware of? and i dont care how much philosophy you recite if you are not aware of it then it dosent exist," TO YOU ". and it wont ever exist "To you" till you learn about how to percieve it then creating it, and creating it then percieveing it. no matter what it is! it doent mean that its not real and it dosent mean it dosent exist it just means you are not aware of it! and with these powers ego has nothing to do with it. ego will either lead you to the power or turn you away from the power. but thats why the philosophy was created because its so much easier than any of you think to develop these abilities. the thing is ppl who have developed their abilities to a high degree like myself really only look for similar egos to share the knowledge with!! and to throw you guys a bone without ego yo will never develop any power, your ego is the driving force for developing power any power. you only need to be sure of why yo want to develop the power and it must align with your ego. see most of you keep trying to follow a paht to power that dosent co-inside with your ego therefor you will never gain power, any power. even power over yourself! "so to all" get to know your ego its not going "anywhere" align your path with your ego and actually be happy! "" THE GREATEST LIES ARE TOLD TO THE SELF""..merceless one..

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I was going to say 'super-natural' can get confounded with 'super-normal'. I don't have dolphin-like swimming powers, for example.

What are 'natural' human powers? Leaving aside the 'normal' for now.

On the ego thing, given often the same people who denigrate ego, also insist it doesn't exist, er, I just end up confuddled, so I'll leave that part conveniently aside for now - for if it doesn't exist, no point bringing it into an argument, huh?

stone has "natural abilities", depending on definiton and or perspective

If a man can levitate and demonstrate psychokinesis and it isn't a hoax or a magic trick and it's proven via many studies, would your first conclusion be; oh my, this person person has abilities that break the laws of physics and the natural universe?

Or would you be a bit more reasonable, and say; hey, there has to be a logical and rational and scientific explanation for these abilities, and if we study and research the phenomenon enough we just might figure out exactly what is going on and build a new scientific paradigm in the process.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

Super (above and beyond) natural. There is no such thing.

There are only natural abilities.

Things we don't understand scientifically we falsely label supernatural.

Radiowaves would have at one time been considered supernatural, but they never have been supernatural.

Science not understanding a phenomenon doesn't make it above or beyond nature itself.

well check out stan lee's " SUPER HUMANS " you will find that there are ppl with super human/super natural abilites! qualities about them that go above and beyond normal human abilies and limits. and the few ppl they show on the show are a small portion of the whole. and you should pay attention to my words and your own. super (above and beyond ) natural. naturally some abililties normally stay within a certain range even when trained. but their are those who naturally go beyond that. as you said (above and beyond) and their is a such thing as those whose natural abilities go above and beyond normal. you can play semantics all you want but your words dont help your arguement! and your comfort of science cant explain everything! being a scientist myself i can only admit the truth to that.

I am not saying there aren't people with amazing abilities, I am saying these amazing abilities aren't supernatural.

Super means above and beyond, we only have things we don't understand.

I would sound stupid, if I said airplanes are supernatural, or radiowaves are supernatural, or whatever.

But to a man of science of the 1400's all these things would look like magic, and he would claim them to be supernatural.

well check out stan lee's " SUPER HUMANS " you will find that there are ppl with super human/super natural abilites! qualities about them that go above and beyond normal human abilies and limits. and the few ppl they show on the show are a small portion of the whole. and you should pay attention to my words and your own. super (above and beyond ) natural. naturally some abililties normally stay within a certain range even when trained. but their are those who naturally go beyond that. as you said (above and beyond) and their is a such thing as those whose natural abilities go above and beyond normal. you can play semantics all you want but your words dont help your arguement! and your comfort of science cant explain everything! being a scientist myself i can only admit the truth to that.

• Like 2

If a man can levitate and demonstrate psychokinesis and it isn't a hoax or a magic trick and it's proven via many studies, would your first conclusion be; oh my, this person person has abilities that break the laws of physics and the natural universe?

Or would you be a bit more reasonable, and say; hey, there has to be a logical and rational and scientific explanation for these abilities, and if we study and research the phenomenon enough we just might figure out exactly what is going on and build a new scientific paradigm in the process.

I think there is always a problem with paranormal phenomenas initiated by the subject's will only. Meaning that a lay person, a common person without much cultivations, can't duplicate the experiences. To deny the existence of these abilities just because a lay person can't duplicate them is totally incorrect. In fact, I see little points in proving them. Now, what that person can do with his or her powers would be interesting to see. What if such powers are being used as mind weapons? As means for that person to advance his or her agendas? Or even as means for the nation to advance its own interests in the world?

I am not saying there aren't people with amazing abilities, I am saying these amazing abilities aren't supernatural.

Super means above and beyond, we only have things we don't understand.

I would sound stupid, if I said airplanes are supernatural, or radiowaves are supernatural, or whatever.

But to a man of science of the 1400's all these things would look like magic, and he would claim them to be supernatural.

well bro ill say this and then im done! i dont know what you do for a living but i see science and physics at it finest and its still supernatural to me no matter if i can explain it or recreate in. there is nothing in the world like watching 100 ton metal boat float, or a helicoptor float 6ft off the ground, or an f18 break the sound barrier, ppl scooba diving 60ft deep in the ocean. not to mention the things ppl can explain like ppl controling the energy fields of their bodies and affecting the fields of others consiously seeing objetcs without being in the same space which they have no konwledge of. my line of work allows me to see this. so to me ppl like you who have not much experience in the world and the ture extent of science i can never take seriously. you make ass-umptions based on what you have read and not experienced. life is bigger than a computer and a book so get out and live and experience!!

the power that can be named is not the eternal power, thus of the mental realm which can be named - even if such is a mental power beyond our particular concept of normal, natural or whatever label one prefers or interprets and nails down states of mind with...

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

the power that can be named is not the true power, thus of the mental realm which can be named - even if such is a mental power beyond our particular concept of normal, natural or whatever label one prefers or interprets and nails down states of mind with...

your concept is flawed. because you cant define true power without naming it!

MPG is on the right track here.

If you have them, then they're not supernatural.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this