skydog

Would a conscious person of self esteem put up with slavery and subject themself to toxic living

Is most of society toxic and full of slavery and brainwash.

Why would a person who is aware subject themself to such things.

Apparantely being angry means you weak.

Personally I think people with self esteem get angry when their boundaries are messed with.

Oh I don't think getting angry means weak at all. The point is who do you get angry with and when and what do you do with all that?

I was brought up in the 'don't ever get angry' camp but it wasn't to 'my' benefit. Whenever people say these kinds of general things, it's worth asking oneself why.

It's very possible that a person in a weaker position or at some disadvantage will get their boundaries walked all over by people who wish to do that. That will make them angry. But the weak=angry isn't the correct conclusion to draw in this instance. Do you get what I mean?

Anyway, people who wish to equate weak with whatever they want will tend to do so. So kind=weak, generous=weak, sad=weak, happy=weak. If you start looking for it, it's all over the place:-)

---very personal opinion---

Angry is a normal human emotion and response. I believe repression and/or suppression of anger is unhealthy and will harm the internal organs. Each person may or may not get angry at different things. But if one is angry, sooner or later it manifests itself either in huge outbursts or damage to the internal organs. Best to let it out moderately (as opposed to a volcano) and appropriately (e.g. at the person that is making you angry). Moderation is usually a good path.

Personally I think people with self esteem get angry when their boundaries are messed with.

I think, with the topic points in bold, it should be easier to address your post.

But not to stray from where the topic has gone already:

"People" want you to believe being angry and using violent and threatening gestures, memes, suggestions, and yes, even threats, is somehow inherently wrong, but that is a fallacy in and of itself for several reasons, but beside the present point. 1

The social and civil conditioning at work; "they" want to eliminate half of the i ching and insist that it is "unchanged", by telling you that you are wrong to be angry, to take offense, to be defensive, when they attack.

In order to accomplish this, they must condition us/you/them(others) to condition your/themselves. If you are convinced that "wrong" exists objectively, they only have to suggest "this or that is wrong" for you to do the rest, to yourself, automatically.

So when you are taught that anger, hate, rage, and the like associated negative expressions are inherently wrong, you are also taught not to defend yourself, or your loved ones, because doing so is an angry, hateful, raging response.

which leads us back on topic about the brainwashed toxic slave society that this is all "about".

Why do i subject myself to this world?

Well i ask myself this all the fucking time, the only answer i can come up with is that it is just awaiting game for the majority to come to the same conclusions i have.

I've tried flat out telling people, reasoning with people, debating with people, arguing with people, and outright making examples of people! Nothing changes people except their own intrinsic nature taking its course.

So i am convinced that i can do nothing "about" the situation and just "ride it out", so to speak.

Here at TTB, i would place an 89% margin of "awakened" members. that is exciting. it means i might not have a lot longer to wait for reality to kick the liars out of power.

• Like 1

You see, it is because WE ARE [*THE*] Truth. It takes until WE UNITE before WE will ever have power to affect our world.

Divided by time/space, united by the internet. Realize we are the truth, work together, expose and expunge the lies and their source.

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

NAJA, what happens when these things are done to you by your 'loved ones'? This is my point here in this thread, I think. This stuff is not being carried out by some far away controlling entity is it?

Or, even worse, what happens when these things get so internalized that you keep on keeping them on, even through the process of 'spiritual cultivation'?

• Like 1

Sometimes it is good to fake anger

Sometimes it is good to fake anger

I see what you did there.

I agree with all the thoughts here but even if I am going to escape it, I still have to put up with at least a few months of work, and it is probably good for keeping me grounded and balanced 2 steps forward, 1 step back thing. For a few days until my trial job im just going to do loads of yuen method/healing codes to see how much of this is actually my own emotional disharmonies/irrational beliefs.

idk if i would consider my living on foodstamps putting up with slavery. i feel pretty comfortable.

as far as toxic living, if i walk past someone smoking a cig i just put my shirt over my face :)

If someone thinks that the way most people live is good, normal, ok, healthy etc and actually are living like that, then any opinion contrary to that will be considered insane, being angry will apparantely be wrong.

Im actually feeling headaches and sickness at the thought of working in a pressurised restaurant where im just a non human robot to make money, so I think ill just not do it.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/were_not_broke_2012_free_on_hulu/

I remember my protest mentor saying -- "sometimes anger is the appropriate response."

Indeed Taoism is not against expressing emotions -- only that love is the most powerful emotion and it is channeled from transforming anger into wisdom.

O.K. watch that doc - "We're Not Broke!" -- lots of beautiful anger there exposing the billion dollar profits going un-taxed in the U.S. -- $70 billion a year lost to tax havens....

Meanwhile mainstream media is full of the "entitlements" b.s. and how government social programs need to be cut....

Bring it on - this is fascism and people are not supposed to get angry! haha.

Anger may not be the ultimate emotion but sometimes it is the appropriate response.

Righteous anger is the response to someone trying to suck off your energy for their own sick self purposes....

• Like 3

At many times and places during history, people have actually been and still are slaves. People have lived through incredible adversity and some of them have even maintained consciousness and self esteem. Pretty lucky to have option to get mad and quit your job.

At many times and places during history, people have actually been and still are slaves. People have lived through incredible adversity and some of them have even maintained consciousness and self esteem. Pretty lucky to have option to get mad and quit your job.

i really dislike comparing misery. an emotion is an emotion and noones problems are more or less important than anyone elses. It is like saying "women are sold in sex trades in some countries so as long as we respect them here they shouldn't bother fighting for the right to vote" See how disgusting that sounds?

It's that 'You've never had it so good' 'news' story...

And I say 'news' lightly.

Yes, be quiet and eat your chicken mac.

--- very personal --- but why am I even considering justifying/qualifying this?

yeah that vid I posted details how some slaves quit their job and then the slave owners burned down their houses.

But -- hey - at least they quit their jobs.