Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

MM

I am due to buy a decent meditation cushion (preferably inflatable) I can use when I meditate in the forest. I have seen some on eBay (zafus) but I am not sure about their quality.

Can anyone recommend me one?

Thanks.

The one i used at home has been with me for 17 years, and has not lost any firmness. Its about 7 inches high, and roughly 15 inches in diameter. Not sure what material is used as stuffing. Suits me well. Looks like this -- http://www.tradeindia.com/fp632049/Round-Cotton-Zafus-Yoga-Meditation-Cushion.html

Outdoors, i would normally find a stone or a log to sit on. I would think if you are going on longer treks then an inflatable one would be quite ideal. Some places which suddenly arouse the need to sit might not have logs or stones lying around.

:)

i would be interested in suggestions for a decent cheap one

also a good sticky mat worth investing in that wont slide at all in standing postures. seen too many bad reviews on amazon to throw down for one quite yet. i don't feel like this derails the thread :)

Edited by Flolfolil

I'm a simpleton and have found that a low cushion is best, so I use a yoga mat. Just roll it up loosely, then unroll it halfway. The legs have a nice surface to rest on and your behind has a lift to get it a little higher than your knees. It's also light and easily transported.

• Like 1

I have a hugger mugger that is filled with I think buckwheat husks, easy to pick up and transport, thumbs up from me - although its not of the inflatable type.

Does inflatable one give you a good balance of the body weight....??? Doesn't it tend to shift the weight as you move...??? Just couple of curious questions.

About 15 yrs ago I busted out and got some zafus from DharmaCrafts.com that are filled with buckwheat hull. I really prefer it to the cotton filled. Their products are not cheap, but the quality is excellent.

ANNNNDDDD i am stupid. i can't believe i didn't think to look for a sewing pattern for one of these. i could literally be done with one of these in a couple hours or less. Going to make one soon and report back, maybe sell them super duper cheap for custom ones :D

I have a hugger mugger that is filled with I think buckwheat husks

You have :-

Noun - Secrecy; the practice, or policy of keeping secrets (via buckwheat husks)

Adjective - Operating in a way so as to ensure concealment, e.g. with buckwheat husks

Adverb - By stealth; under cover of buckwheat husks

:blink:

yes the website hit 1st of google but www.phrases.org.uk looked much more interesting :P

Sign in to follow this