Sign in to follow this  
Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Love, Romance, dating, and finances

Romance seems futile? well...
The sad fact is that: this is America.

Oh yeah, there's more to that sad fact, it gets worse: In The United States of America, we are born, raised, and bred into a caste of helplessness. If you are helpless, feel helpless, and more importantly want to revoke the helplessness, you are "shown" that you need money. "We" are brainwashed into focusing so much on a fictitious financial reality, that we completely blind ourselves to true physical reality.

Dating is not about love here in America, its about romance. Romance isn't about love or affection, it's about financial security and "testing" the waters to see if your "target" is sufficient in being capable, or to "take care of" you, because you have unwittingly willed yourself into a state of helplessness and need someone external to rely on...

HOWEVER, the catch 22 is that we naturally seek people we can relate to. Likes attract, not opposites. We want to be able to relate to our mate, not oppose them.
Since we've been bred into helplessness and thus seek other helpless people that we can relate to, we all too often wind up in unsuccessful relationships because we're both looking to the other for support. not emotional, but financial.

Furthermore, the financially secure sector is focused on finances and doesnt understand their own emotional involvement in life and cannot offer comfort for the emotional needs, only financial ones; thus resulting in finances dominating over emotions, people becoming clinically depressed, and marriages failing repeatedly and consistently in the united states.

What we wind up with is a massive stagnation of sexual and spiritual energies that sort of "sticks" to everyone that comes into contact with it, further sticking to others, and others moreover.

NOW everyone is focused on sex and money.

We are controlled.

• Like 1

And yet, the world loves a lover; the person who goes to outrageous lengths to show another how much they admire and want them. If you're not controlled, be willing to go extreme to impress your potential mate. Its not about $$, but time, caring, daring and artistic worth. Its not about succeeding either, its about the grand flamboyant uncommon gesture.

• Like 2

And yet, the world loves a lover; the person who goes to outrageous lengths to show another how much they admire and want them. If you're not controlled, be willing to go extreme to impress your potential mate. Its not about $$, but time, caring, daring and artistic worth. Its not about succeeding either, its about the grand flamboyant uncommon gesture.

And some of the world (me:-)) would find the above crazy stalkerish weirdness. Unless the feeling was somewhat mutual. Mr North, Happy Valentine's:-)

• Like 3

Hey look, another American thread

Let me formulate my thoughts into a quotable sentence

"Even if it's impossible, you loose the moment you admit defeat"

NO MORE QUITTER TALK, nothing is holding you down

ROAR

• Like 2

to you as well -K- lol

That's been my problem, swore off flamboyant shows of affection due to the painful and sudden realization of how sickly it felt to be on the receiving end of it all!!

I'll go further than that. Having someone pursue when you've made it kindly clear you do not feel the same can feel invasive and threatening. When your neighbors start asking you who that dude hanging around the building is. Haha. The movies don't talk about that part. Hahahaha

• Like 2

The movies are blatant fairy tales. Lies from "once upon a time" all the way till "happily ever after", regardless if it's disney princesses, dreamworks ogres, or B movie hilarity, only lies.

Not that there arent *SOME* people who make it out that way, the lucky ones they are should KEEP IT TO THEMSELVES.

False hope and unrealistic inspiration only lead to disappointment.

Pepsi is not American enough for this thread, but since I'm Canadian, can somebody pass me some FRENCH fries? B)

Dude, you're as Canadien as I am :-p

i disagree, it is an unnecessary placebo-crutch. call 1-800-bad-drug now!

Seriously. what money does for a healthy and stable human being is turn them into a co-dependent and unstable being.

Not enough money does that, I agree. The goal as I see it is to get to the 'enough' point without overexertion. You know, the old 'live to work, work to live' thing.

i think it is the very core reliance factor; we've no choice more often than not, and when we do have a choice, we cant pay our bills without money so the choice is irrelevant and thus deprived of any power to affect more important areas of life that are damnably tied to some form of standardized currency, making it almost impossible, and damn right illegal, to perform transactions outside of this medium!

Thereby depriving us of our intrinsic humanity, the creative, living, breathing being that no longer has power to create naturally; bound by artificial, fictitious and financial, obligation.

edit: "financial and fictitious" was backwards. also, comas.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Sign in to follow this