Vmarco

World Peace is near (St. Malachi Prophecy)

How can there be false when there is nothing?

Exactly!

How can there be enjoyment when there is nothing?

Through the observation of the perceived something from beyond the 6 senses. That's what nirvana is,...still on the lever, but over the fulcrum. Paranirvana is when the lever, which never existed, dissolves.

I didn't ask what makes you enjoy... but where does joy come from?

Joy is the essence of how things are. From a sentient point of view, everything arises from the way things are not,...of course the sentient point of view wouldn't put it that way. The sentient point of view sees object-ive reality as real reality.

Suppose all your interactions with perceived life pivoted from yesterday,...that is to say, you were consistantly 24 hours behind. People would think you're nuts,...a living-in-the-past psychosis. However,....what's the difference between living 24 hours behind, or 24 microseconds behind? Both are in the past.

Real joy is in the present,...however, the 5 skandhas are never in the present,...thus, my joy has a relationship with that which is beyond the skandhas,...and is accessible to everyone.

There is no present in time.

It comes from within - the only place it possibly could. It is when we are in harmony with our true essence. It is when everything feels like what happened was the right thing to happen at the time. It is when one has found peace and contentment.

How can joy come from withining? From ego? It somehow arises from the core of the 5 skandhas? What is feeling? The Heart Sutra says that feeling is empty of nature,...so how is the feeling of joy real? Can peace and contentment ever be found in an object-ive world?

Did not Lao Tzu say, "Dualistic thinking is a sickness. Religion is a distortion. Materialism is cruel. Blind spirituality is unreal."

How can joy arise from Dualistic thinking, Religion, Materialism, or Blind spirituality? Well,...only if the joy is equally unreal.

Meanwhile what's happened with da Pope ... when do we get the new one?

From how I understood it, they want a new one by Feb 28. Look for the smoke!

Buddhists, both the fundamentalists and the relaxed ones, will never get one.

They can go back counting their beads without worry and find Shambala in their own heart which is the true origin of all myths.

I disagree. The origin of myths is from heads.

• Like 1

From how I understood it, they want a new one by Feb 28. Look for the smoke!

Smoke signals ... put the wagons in a circle!

How can joy come from withining? From ego?

From the mind that causes emotions. No secrets there - all experiences occur in the mind. Joy and sorrow included.

Did not Lao Tzu say, "Dualistic thinking is a sickness. Religion is a distortion. Materialism is cruel. Blind spirituality is unreal."

No, he did not say that. What he said is that once we define beautiful we also at that very same moment define ugly. He never said this is a sickness. And I suggest that it is the way the human brain naturally operates.

How can joy arise from Dualistic thinking, Religion, Materialism, or Blind spirituality? Well,...only if the joy is equally unreal.

Joy arises as a result of no conflicts. Sometimes no conflicts don't actually bring joy but only contentment. And within that contentment will be found peace. (I did good with that, I think.)

Some people find joy in riding in a fancy convertable auto. Yes, this is only temporary joy but still. And afterall, life itself is temporary as well.

So let us not blind ourself to the fact that there are those who find joy in religion, in spirituality, in materialism and even in having pleasant thoughts.

No, he did not say that. What he said is that once we define beautiful we also at that very same moment define ugly. He never said this is a sickness. And I suggest that it is the way the human brain naturally operates.

In the Hua Hu Ching 47 Lao Tzu said, "Dualistic thinking is a sickness. Religion is a distortion. Materialism is cruel. Blind spirituality is unreal."

Don't want to debate the veracity of the Hua Hu Ching,...but it sounds right on to me.

In the very next verse, Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that eveything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth."

And, four verses further, Lao Tzu said, "Do you think you can clear your mind by sitting constantly in silent meditation? This makes your mind narrow, not clear."

I love the Hua Hu Ching,...I recommend it to all who would like to uncover their light.

Lao Tzu said, "there is nothing more futile and frustrating than relying on the mind. To arrive at the unshakable, you must befriend the Tao. To do this, quiet your thinking."

In the Hua Hu Ching 47 Lao Tzu said,

Now you know that I do not consider that text as a writing of Lao Tzu. I sure wish you would buy a copy of Henricks' translation so that you could quote Lao Tzu (if he really ever existed) more correctly.

I love the Hua Hu Ching,...I recommend it to all who would like to uncover their light.

Sure, I will agree that it is a nice mixture of Buddhist and Taoist thoughts. And sure, many would likely gain much from reading it. But all should keep in mind that it is not the TTC and therefore cannot be considered to be the teachings of only Lao Tzu.

I disagree. The origin of myths is from heads.

I am not sure Buddhists would agree to say that Shambala is just a mental thing with no connexion whatsoever with what arises from the heart. But I am not a Buddhologist .

It does? Where does it do that?

In Many branches/paths, awareness/subject drops down the Atma Nadi into the Heart-Mind. In Esoteric Christianity, there is a specific methodology of keeping awareness on the heart area while repeating Mantra, with an eventual drop of the subject/awareness into heart-mind. Hit happens through a Nadi, but there is no importance placed on the nadi because what's important is the eventual destination.

There are a few small tiny fragments of this main nadi being mentioned. One of the Father Maximos in the Eastern Orthodox Monastic traditions. Any research that discusses the Heart , and awareness on it, speaks of the tunnels and passages into the heart mind. It's all there, you just have to look i the right places. Also understand the mystical writings had to be kept cryptic and poetic in style to avoid the exoteric fundies.

The Buddhist Wikipedia pages are garbage. The goal of Vajrayana is Buddhahood.

Buddhahood, Christhood, Unconditioned, Union with the Absolute ....all the same, different words.

In reply to VMArco:

Vajrayana = "The clear light of [Vajrayana] cannot be revealed, By the canonical scriptures or metaphysical treatises, Of the Mantravada, the Paramitas or the Tripitaka; The clear light is veiled by concepts and ideals."

Christianity,...whether Esoteric or Fundamental, does not have the same goal as Vajrayana,...nor could ever realize the goal of Vajrayana, even by sheer luck.

The beginning of Vajrayana is letting go of any faith in a god,...so at best, esoteric Christianity is that which is before the beginning of Vajrayana.

It's too bad you fail to see Mystical-Experiential Christianity as a completely applicable and alive system that pumps out Enlightened Saints and leads to the Unconditioned Enlightenment.

Many times, when an individual comes to the realization of the Unconditioned, as you may have, down a particular path, that person becomes, by default, a Fundamentalist for that specific path, thinking that the only true way/path, is the one through which one traveled.

Without having any direct experience through other paths, One has no way of truly knowing the inner workings of those other paths.

There is more ways than One to Realize the Unconditioned state. If you think it is only by letting go of all hope, all belief, all thoughts, etc ....you are mistaken. Love/Bahkti is a way there. Surrender/Letting Go is a way there. Discernment is a way there. Mantra is a way there. Grace is a way there.

It is not just One way. It is as many ways as there are people. Perhaps you fail to see this because you only realized through One way. There are others on this forum who have realized through various ways. I personally know Christian Monks, Sufis, Mystics, Yogi's ...all who experience the Unconditioned and got to it through their particular methods and they would all compassionately laugh at you for putting conditions and rules on what it takes to realize the unconditioned.

I even know a guy, who has been experiencing/In the Unconditioned state from his earliest memories (who has always naturally been in that state and never had any teachings or studies), and he says the Lao Tzu/Toaism, these forums, all discussion, that everything is illusuory bullsh*!, that there was no buddha, no tzu, no jesus, and would say that both of us in this thread are wrong. HE also says "Its the natural state and its no big deal." That is you aren't naturally in it from childhood, then everything else is artificial and illusuory attempts

Edited by ॐDominicusॐ

Buddhahood, Christhood, Unconditioned, Union with the Absolute ....all the same, different words.

Except, Jesus had a physical body even after his death. Thomas poked him.

I haven't heard of Christians traveling around in a light body.

Except, Jesus had a physical body even after his death. Thomas poked him.

I haven't heard of Christians traveling around in a light body.

Adi Shankara, consolidator of Vedanta, as Atman non-local, took up a dead king's body, according to legend.

When the Unconditioned is realized as true Identity and existence, then there are no limits/rules.

Light body or not, it sounds as we have entered the territory of nit picking minute details to make points.

Light body or not, it sounds as we have entered the territory of nit picking minute details to make points.

Light body is not nitpicking. Its the point of Vajrayana.

Paraphrasing a Sakyapa, 'as long as you have a physical body, you still have work to do'.

Edited by alwayson

It's all Illusion..... Body, light body, vajrayana, sakyapa's and everything said...... Illusions

And who, may I ask, is it who is having these illusions?

And who, may I ask, is it who is having these illusions?

I think it's me. Can we get back to discussing the pope please this is turning into another Buddhism thread.

It's too bad you fail to see Mystical-Experiential Christianity as a completely applicable and alive system that pumps out Enlightened Saints and leads to the Unconditioned Enlightenment.

Many times, when an individual comes to the realization of the Unconditioned, as you may have, down a particular path, that person becomes, by default, a Fundamentalist for that specific path, thinking that the only true way/path, is the one through which one traveled.

Without having any direct experience through other paths, One has no way of truly knowing the inner workings of those other paths.

There is more ways than One to Realize the Unconditioned state. If you think it is only by letting go of all hope, all belief, all thoughts, etc ....you are mistaken. Love/Bahkti is a way there. Surrender/Letting Go is a way there. Discernment is a way there. Mantra is a way there. Grace is a way there.

It is not just One way. It is as many ways as there are people.

I even know a guy, who has been experiencing/In the Unconditioned state from his earliest memories (who has always naturally been in that state and never had any teachings or studies), and he says the Lao Tzu/Toaism, these forums, all discussion, that everything is illusuory bullsh*!, that there was no buddha, no tzu, no jesus, and would say that both of us in this thread are wrong.

I studied Esoteric Christianity extensively,...and have seen no indication of enlightenment through that practice. Are you enlightened? I assure you, it will never occur through Esoteric Christianity.

Your guy you know that says there is no Lao Tzu or Buddha,...does he also say there is no god? There is no Esoteric Christianity?

I agree that there are many ways. "Not all spiritual paths lead to the Harmonious Oneness. Indeed, most are detours and distractions, nothing more." - Lao Tzu

All paths can be reduced to two,...the Long Path, and the Short Path. All Christian paths, including all Esoteric Christian paths are Long paths. There are only two paths, and only one uncovers enlightenment,...the Short Path.

Neither Buddhism nor Taoism in their essential forms, are about any union with the Absolute,...only the Abrahamic religions, including Esoteric Christianity are so arrogantly delusional to suggest such insanity. The Absolute is beyond the sum of opposites,...there is no union,...I guarantee it.

Whenever someone goes spouting off about union, unity, etc., such is an instant tell that they haven't a clue about reality, or Suchness.

No one who has uncovered Unconditionality, advocates conditions like "my path is better than yours." Please don't misinterpret the fact that Esoteric Christian does not lead to enlightenment, with anything else. Esoteric Christianity is a condition that steps between the seeker and any chance of a direct experience.

It's all Illusion..... Body, light body, vajrayana, sakyapa's and everything said...... Illusions

Vajrayana is a verifiable direct path to Undivided Light. Divided light is the illusion.